Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Gabriel Sruentus

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Gabriel Sruentus
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:02 am Post subject: Gabriel Sruentus Reply with quote

Player's Email Address: bedardstephan@hotmail.com

Player's Instant Messaging Information:
yahoo: stephan_nephilim

Character Name: Gabriel Sruentus

Alignment: Lawfull Evil

Guild/Organization Link: Formerly of the Order of the Ebon Skull

Role/Title: Researcher

Player History :
*Gabriel sits down across from a young Umbran scholar at the outdoor tavern*

So you ask who I am do you? Enough time has past that I suppose no harm could possibly be done in telling you. And who knows, perhaps my story will serve the purpose of death in the end.

I was born Gabriel Fields, my human ancestors once ruled the land where the Cat's tail tavern now stands if I recall correctly. Noble born and forth born among my five brothers, I had little pressure and every luxury I could desire growing up. Like most children of privilege in those days my childhood was uneventful but far from dull. I learned estate management, spent many days hunting and had access to the most expensive and rare of volumes. I was not the best student, but I was very good at applying my knowledge, be it practical legal matters or the more arcane lores. By the time I was nearing manhood, everyone in my family, including myself, thought that I would spend a long and happy life in the Lyceum.

((beginning of UO rp on Atlantic))
Most likely the story would end here had Oblivion not seen fit to bless me. I was sailing from Britain to Moonglow with all my belongings when my ship was attacked by pirates near Buccaneer's Den. Mages all of them, I was out and without a single coin before I realized what was happening. I wandered the shores of the pirates haven for days, weak and penniless. And then I met him.

*a smile takes Gabriel’s face for a moment as he seems to recollect the following events*

His name was Flavius Sruentus and he called himself the king of Buccaneer's Den. His title looking back now was I believe based on his owning most of the homes on the island, but he was a nobleman none the less. He took me in and brought me back to health. For awhile I served in his house, learning the realities of overseeing the harsher trades of the world. Finding mercenaries for kidnappings, holding people for ransom, disposing of corpses and finding willing or sometimes less then willing women for my master's pleasures.

I had served Lord Flavius for a year at most, when he called me to his study and told me his most closely guarded secret. He was a vampire of a family line that called themselves Ventrue. He explained to me that his own dark blood destined him to rule and guide others, and he was offering me his blood. I would like to say I had a choice in the matter, but I was entranced by his words, and I cannot imagine not having begged for his gift. So in the year 316 on the Sosarian calendar, I was reborn as Gabriel Sruentus. Soon after my master gave me his gift, I started to have problems with one of his wenches who he loved and left for the Lyceum to see what I could learn about the extent of my powers and the lore of my kind.

I was in the Lyceum for a few seasons when I received a letter from Flavius basically ordering me not to return to Buccaneer's Den but to seek out the Order of the Ebon Skull to find more of my kind and a place where I could pursue my studies more openly. Soon after I received the letter, I got word that my sire had vanished and his concubine had taken up rulership of his estates. I always presumed but could never prove she killed him after she was given his dark gift as well.

More can be said at another time about the years when I served the Tal'mahe Ra under the direction of Azalin the Lich Lord, how I saw the rise and fall of several leaders and legends and how for all those years, I served faithfully even as a priest until the very foundations of Golgotha and Caina trembled with the departure of Azalin and the Ebon Skull.

With my conduit to Oblivion gone, the Scholomance library closed and the forces of darkness fighting among themselves, over the new treasures of Malas, I decided it was time for me to sleep.

Time used to pass differently in Caina, but I do know by the standards of the rest of Sosaria I went to sleep maybe a year after the opening of the city of Sanctus. Once my decision was made, I entered my cellar, I had my ghouls and slaves bury me in snow and I slept, encased in ice on Dagger Island for many years, trusting in Oblivion to awaken me when I could once again be used.

*Gabriel closes his eyes, as if remembering something about the long slumber, remembering something peaceful, but then opens them and continues with his tale*

My awakening was less dramatic then my slumber. I was literally frozen, nearly cracking and famished for blood. The polar bears gave me the strength to heal myself and wander around what had once been Caina. Realizing nothing remained of my once glorious city, I recalled to the mainland and started to make my way towards Umbra. For if any darkness remained in the land, any evil or traces of the vile taint, Umbra would be the last place to loose them.

Walk in Darkness
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: