Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

UO.com News: New Publish Changes

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> News and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:51 pm Post subject: UO.com News: New Publish Changes Reply with quote

All Servers to be Published
Jeremy Dalberg
26 Nov 2007 17:29:57 EST
All servers are now published with the following:

# Added the Salvage Bag:

o

The Salvage Bag is the core of the enhanced recycling system. Players store items in the bag like any other container, but when a recycle command occurs, they target the bag to handle all the items at once.
o Layout:

+ a blue leather bag labeled "A Salvage Bag"
+ Available on Provisioners for a nominal (~1000gp) fee

o Details:

+ Use the context menu on the bag to select "Salvage Ingots", "Salvage Cloth", or "Salvage All"

# All items of the appropriate type in the bag (metal for smelting, cloth for scissoring) are recycled into their resources
# The player gets a message containing number of items successfully recycled

#

Killing bosses in Doom will increase your chances of getting an artifact drop:

* Killing bosses in Doom will increase your chances of getting an artifact drop:
* Each player character participating against a gauntlet boss or the Dark Father will accumulate artifact reward points.
* The more artifact reward points a player character accumulates, the more likely an artifact will spawn in his/her backpack.
* Player characters who score higher on the Top Attacker list will earn more points. However, everyone in the Top Attackers list that stays the entire duration of the combat (even if slain) will still earn points.

#

Moved the New Haven moongate closer to town
# Fixed bug that caused 2d chat name selection window to pop up when logging in/crossing server lines
# Fixed bug that caused karma loss before selecting a target when begging
# Begging will now reduce your karma less if you fail
# Resist Spells will now allow you to reduce some damage from Blood Oath ((resist spellsx10)/20 + 10=percentage of damage resisted)
# NPCs should cast Blood Oath less often
# The KR client should perform more smoothly in high-latency situations

- On Siege Perilous rulesets, all items of clothing that have higher than normal resists - including artifacts, museum pieces, and randomly-generated items with bonus resists or magic properties - will not be able to be blessed with a Clothing Bless Deed. All currently blessed items will become unblessed, and the CBD will be placed in the players' backpack

There were a number of changes that didn't get listed on last night's server publish - all the notes below the cut are in addition to the previously posted notes:

- Upgraded loot for legacy and Samurai Empire high end monster loot, to more closely match Mondain’s Legacy monster loot. This affects mostly boss monsters, but has some impact on other high end monsters as well.

- Solen powder quest now rewards 4-5 powder.

- Bags of sending now use 1 charge per 10 stones of weight, rounded up. (15 stones would use 2 charges, for example)

- Significantly buffed up the Felucca champ spawn bosses.

- Increased the chance to get better power scrolls from champ spawn bosses.

- Increased the chance to get better items as loot from champ spawn bosses.

- Lowered Dread Spider difficulty.

- Lowered Dread Spider loot to match new difficulty.

- Swoop has been buffed.

- Faction stone now checks to make sure that a character is 30 days or older before allowing them to join a faction. Existing characters that are less than 30 days old are forced to quit factions when they log on.

- "Young" characters and characters less than 30 days old can no longer use faction stones or faction recruiting stones.

- Players can no longer invite a character less than 30 days old to a faction guild.

- Fixed a bug with the Tsuki Wolf that was preventing it from dropping the correct loot

KNOWN ISSUES:

- The chance to get a powerscroll from protection is less than it should be.

- Champ bosses are regenerating HP too fast.

- Champ boss resists are a bit too high in some cases.

- Champ boss HP is a bit too high in some cases.

- Swoop is quite a bit more powerful than intended
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Addendum: According to several posters on Stratics, they are getting an artifact every 1-2 hours with the new Doom changes.
X'eros De'Vir
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

when they reduced the points in that newest change, what is the average amount of time now to get an artie? and did they say anything about the points being fickle, as in you lose points if you have not been down there in a while?
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The points work the same as the Treasures of Tokuno system, so they don't decay.

The new changes will be in tomorrow, I'm guessing you'll still be able to pull 2-3 a day in Doom, as opposed to the 5-6 people have been getting today.
Toni McStravick
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bags of sending now use 1 charge per 10 stones of weight, rounded up. (15 stones would use 2 charges, for example)

I can see this not going over well.

Davaran: What's the most romantic wood?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Bag of Sending change is an outright ubernerf 'to combat farming' or whatever. Like any and all changes in regards to a video game, and I've been saying this for years... Any time you want to stop powergamers from doing something, simply nerfing it does not stop powergamers. If you make something harder for powergamers, you make it impossible for everyone else, and powergamers will find a way around it very quickly anyways. That line of thinking has failed every single time I've ever seen it used (and that is about all they use for UO, thus the massive quantities of Grade A 'Fail').

I heard they were nerfing the arti drop rate too, because the crazy asians were pulling down an arti every 1-2 hours. Guess that happens with no QA team and no clue.
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it, I'm mailing Kuja to VA to be our new QA team.

I haven't been to the gauntlet yet to try out the drop rate, too busy with RP! The bag of sending changes suck, atm and imo. But, we did grow lazy since we've had them. What's max gold for one charge? Someone do the math?
Toni McStravick
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say approx 500 gp = 10 stones = 1 charge...looking at backpack right now with 241 gp which is 5 stones

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

well hell, i can carry way more of that before I grow tired now i won't have to cry and moan if a pk takes my bag of sending.

Good thing I got my use out if last week for the 80 ton rubble pieces, before they put in the changes.
Toni McStravick
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Think at this point bos would most benefit the younger players who's strength is not high enough to carry large amounts of gold.

As for doom, guess that bone daemon is gonna be pretty busy huh?

Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone Daemon was more fun when people didn't have the armor to fight him, took actual strategy since mages would get one shotted. Now they might as well make it cost pitchforks and corn stalks to summon him since hes nothing besides a farm like everything else these days.

Heh, I wonder if I could handle QA for UO. Any coworkers would be subject to ranting all day long.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> News and Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: