Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Five on Friday: Documentation Frenzy

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> News and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:49 am Post subject: Five on Friday: Documentation Frenzy Reply with quote

From Jeremy at uo.com

Continuing the "year-end wrapup" theme, I spent the week updating pages in the Play Guide based on information dug up in the past year's Five on Fridays. A couple of caveats:

I did not comprehensively fact-check and/or update every page below; I just added/corrected the info we had previously verified in FoFs.

I didn't update most pages based on patch notes, although that's pretty high on my list. Some pages did get updated (for example, the Item Properties page has cap information based on the latest game changes, which were made after the Property Cap-related FoF questions) but it's the exception rather than the rule.

Pages that don't exist didn't get updated. That sounds obvious, but it's actually an important distinction - for example, there's no page that discusses looting rules, so the updated FoF info about looting rules has no home at the moment. Given that I had way more to update than I had time to finish, I've shelved all new-page creation until after the holidays.

Likewise, pages haven't been updated with KR or Mondain's Legacy info if they did not already have it - that will require more research time than I had this week.

Note the "Updated" stamp on the bottom of the below pages: if that stamp isn't on a guide page, I make no assertions as to its accuracy. As near as I can tell, the cooking page hadn't been touched since '99 at the earliest, and gave instructions for how to cook food that brought back fond, if ancient, memories Smile

In short, this is far from a comprehensive effort, but I hope that it's at least a start, and will lead to better documentation in the future.

Skills Pages

The general Skill page, with details about gaining skills

Alchemy - added the info about its effect on the Enhance Potions property

Arms Lore - completely rewritten with its new effects

Begging - added info about its effect on Karma

Cooking - brought into the modern age, added a note on food, hunger, and its effects on gameplay

Detect Hidden - added a clarification on how to gain skill

Magery - added the Fast Cast property cap info

Taming - added swing speed info and clarified Pack Instinct effect

Veterinary - added info on speed

Lumberjacking - updated list of weapons subject to the LJ damage bonus

Remove Traps, - added a clarification on how to gain skill

Necromancy - Fixed Cursed Weapon formula and added info about Spell Resist and Blood Oath damage, added the Fast Cast property cap info

Chivalry - added the Fast Cast property cap info

Bushido - added Perfection info, added details for Lightning Strike, added the Fast Cast property cap info

Ninjitsu - added changes to Animal Form and Death Strike, added the Fast Cast property cap info

Spellweaving - clarified Thunderstorm effects, added the Fast Cast property cap info

Power Scrolls - added more info on how they drop

Item Properties

Item properties chart - updated with info on caps, changes, etc for quite a few properties

Base properties - added a link to the Arms Lore page in the Exceptional Item section

Enhancing - added info about high skill affecting success chance

Luck - added a few Qs and As

Champion Spawns

Champ Spawn types - clarified type/reward link (or lack thereof)

Altar and Skulls - clarified need to kill lesser critters

Rewards - link to Scrolls of Power page was bad, fixed it

Magery Spells

Second Circle - clarified Protection and its effect on Fast Cast

Seventh Circle - added Chain Lightning/Meteor Swarm damage formulas

Combat and Equipment

Equipment - added durability info to Repair section

Weapons - added Swing Speed formula to the footnotes. (I know the chart itself is out of date - on my list! But you can get the necessary info from the in-game tooltips to use that formula.)

Dying - Added info about being looted by a monster

Stamina and Health - Removed outdated info about food

Special Moves - Added info about Tactics requirements, added cap info to Crushing Blow

Miscellaneous

Bulk Order Deeds - ported the BOD Book info from the original design page and added info about item counts

--

Keep an eye out for Snowball Wars to begin on the Winterland shard - Draconi is putting the finishing touches on them. Next week is a company-wide holiday (with the exception of the poor Customer Service folks, who we chain to their desks) so there won't be a FoF next Friday. Have a great holiday week, be safe, and play lots of UO!

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> News and Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: