Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Some things I came accross recently...

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Artists' Canvas
View previous topic :: View next topic
Reminisence
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:47 am Post subject: Some things I came accross recently... Reply with quote

some of you may have seen these already at some point as I wrote them so long ago (about 5 years or more) but i just came accross them today again while looking through some old cds i had saved some random things on. One of these days I might actually write something more interesting maybe....

Child

A small boy no more than four maybe five plays quietly in the sand at the near by playground. He seems the quiet type the one who always hides who he is behind his shyness. His bright blue eyes shining full of hope and imagination, and at this moment he cares for nothing more than the simple joy of building something with that sand as he presses his tiny fingers into it, that in his eyes and yours will be spectacular. His overalls with their tiny buttons and snaps dusted lightly with the remnants of his earlier explorations while his tiny shirt bares the face of his cartoon hero. His mind wandering as he listens contently to the birds singing yet he swears to you they speak to him with words. You rest quietly sitting on the edge of the sandbox there in the almost empty play ground as the wind blows lightly against your skin. You hear his soft laughter as he pours the warm sand over his legs, as you close your eyes hoping to remember this moment eternally. The tears rolling down your cheeks wake you, you gaze at the clock only to see its 1am and the child you saw was no more than a possibility. A possibility of what would have been. You wrap yourself tightly in your blankets and cry yourself to sleep again only to remember more of what you so hoped for is now gone.

Subconcious Dream

A woman around age 30 is sitting at the kitchen table in her five-room apartment, smoking a cigarette, and drinking a cup of coffee. She trys to remember how she got there, automatically assuming she couldn’t sleep, due to the severe pain throughout her body. She put her cigarette half out in the ashtray, while taking a sip of her day old, ice cold coffee.

Startled by the screaming of her drunken husband in the next room, removing another cigarette from its pack still shaking, she lights it off the still burning ashes in the ashtray. She takes another sip of her coffee, and places the lipstick stained cup back in its place; just as her husband staggered out of their bedroom and sat next to her.

She sat very still, but he seemed not to notice her. He picked up a cigarette out of the pack and lit it off a match from his fully holed tee-shirt pocket. Just then he noticed the coffee cup. He stared at it strangely as if he were a child seeing the snow for the first time; She sat as still as possible staring at him with curiosity. He stared for what seemed to be endless hours then stood straight up from his seat noticing the lipstick on the cup; he trashed it across the room screaming “What have I done?”

The woman then stood up, begging and pleading with him to stop, but he just wasn’t listening to her pleas. She sat back down and watched in wonder thinking that her husband had indeed gone mad.

Pacing the floors, repeating himself over and over again under his breath; “What am I going to do?” The woman then stood up once again and demanded to know what he had done, but he did not answer. He went to the fridge and grabbed the last beer, and staggered toward the bedroom. Curious to know what was going on she followed. She nearly fainted from the shock of seeing herself lying on the floor in a puddle of her own blood. She fell to the floor and on her knees cried “What have you done to me? I loved you, and you killed me!”

The next morning the woman woke up and turned to her husband “Honey you’re not going to understand this right now, but I want a Divorce.”
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting stories. Powerful and thought provoking. I personally love the twists.
Molly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...don't stop writing! They were amazing.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Artists' Canvas All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: