Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Zachary! And a year and half of drawings! Comments welcome.

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Artists' Canvas
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:43 pm Post subject: Zachary! And a year and half of drawings! Comments welcome. Reply with quote

I've spent the last few weeks working on this on and off. Eventually it will have a background, but to be honest I'm feeling a bit exhausted from drawing right now and would rather show what I've got done rather than wait until it's completely finished.

Last edited by Kaelthir on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

That is some bee-youtiful color work. I am impressed.
Isk
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

love the way the necro book looks.

Put up more art stuffs plz.
Yolen Grath
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

He's thinner than I imagined... but I should have caught that from the "no food in the desert" clues... I dig it!
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome, Nort! Love the colors.
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input! The drawing is still a work in progress, but the background can wait. Other than that, his right hand/arm is elongated, but that's because there's a spell effecting it. Once I have the background drawn I'm going to go back in and make his hand/forearm more ethereal.

Isk: RPly that's what his necro book would look like, the family symbol with a skull on one side and the runes on the other. I should add that to his profile, actually, even when it's tucked away the chain would still be around his shoulder. Also, I'll post some more drawings after I post this, and later I'll probably do a sketch of Zach in his slave robe.

Yolen: He is very slender! Rhiannon has started trying to feed him more after seeing the picture. She also said he looks pitiful, like he needs a friend. I need to do a picture of him in the slave robe ASAP to maximize pitiful-ness ;(

Cein: Colour is AWESOME. I'm better at colour than I am with lines, it actually took three times as long to do the outline than the colouring because I focused on cleaning the lines up as much as possible. My lines are usually a lot more sketchy, I usually hop right into colour. You'll see that in the next many pictures I post that I've done over the last year and a half.
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, here are the work safe pictures I've drawn over the last year and a half or so, in chronological order. If the load times are insane, I'll edit the post and link to each picture instead of showing them directly.

I drew this right after I quit. It came after a picture I drew and posted in my quitting post. It's a scanned sketchbook drawing.

After that, I needed an outlet for my creativity, so drew a few characters from a story world in my mind. The first is from my sketchbook, the second was during a particularly boring class.

I forget what inspired this, I just like it:

Drow + spider is a drider, so I drew a gnoll + spider.

A fast sketch of one of my characters from my own world:

Another sketchbook sketch, Gnollture.

A series of terrible pictures. The first one is Kryphon, but after that I used characters from a NWN server:

I drew this and posted it on Something Awful, and it ended up in one of the comedy goldmines, on the first page!

For a few months I worked on and played a NWN server with a few old RPers from this community, this is a picture of my character when he was young vs the future where this server was taking place. It was done in my sketchbook with charcoal and conte.
It's huge, so you'll have to click on it.

In fact, here's a screenshot of some of my work in NWN! I'd like to think I was a damn good builder given the tools I had.

I made a thread on that server's forum and started doing drawing requests for people:

This is Admo, probably the last awesome thing I drew before returning to UO. Having the creative side of my mind stimulated produces cool stuff:

This is absolutely huge, so I'm not posting it directly. It's a painting I started and lost inspiration on finishing. It's sitting there in my room right now, next to my TV, crying for my attention.

Then all the cool people quit the server after a bunch of crap went down. I blasted music and took my frustration out in photoshop, I think this is the only time I've ever been able to draw in photoshop pretty much the same way I paint things:

Another sketch I posted on Something Awful, although I posted the uncoloured version. It's Garfield, everyone loves Garfield :D

There was a long period where I did nothing at all. I felt dead inside, a part of me was missing. Then, I reactivated my account, got a bit of RP, and drew something from a story in my mind that badly needs a comic done of it:

I'll probably continue drawing more now too, as long as the creative side of my mind is stimulated that tends to happen.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Artists' Canvas All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: