Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Five on Friday - February 8, 2008

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> News and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:35 pm Post subject: Five on Friday - February 8, 2008 Reply with quote

"I've noticed that it takes very little mana to cast the Spellweaving spell Summon Fey (like 1 pt of mana). I was reading that it was suppose to be like 31 pts of mana. Is that intentional?"

Yes - the Guide for Spellweaving has old data (and Leurocian, in his copious free time, has volunteered to get me all the new data, so stay tuned.) However, Summon Fey costs 10 mana, not 1 - that's how it's listed in-game and that's what my quick test showed. I'm assuming this was just a typo in the question, but if anyone's seeing data to the contrary, let us know!

--

"Mondain's legacy bowyer/fletcher recipe weapons (non-artifact) have 0% chance of exceptional with 100 fletching. To my understanding, a crafting talisman will not give exceptional chance unless you have at least 1%. Is that true?"

The reason those recipe weapons have a 0% exceptional chance is because they are considered minor artifacts, and aren't intended to be exceptionally crafted. It's hard-set, rather than a function of their difficulty, so talismans won't help. (It's not a reflection of how talismans work, just a function of those particular items.)

Now, the argument could be (and has been) made that they're not powerful enough to be worth it without a way to boost their stats. It's certainly something to look into - it's just not technically a bug.

--

"On hit spell damage question. What level of magery/eval is the damage of the on hit spell calculated ( lightning, magic missile, fireball, harm)?"

The Evaluate Intelligence used for calculating the damage of on-hit spells is 80. The base damage is determined by the spell's circle - so Magic Missile has a base damage of 1d4 + 10, and so on. (For non-PnP folk, that means roll randomly between 1-4, then add 10.) Magery doesn't come into it at all, actually.

--

"What is the formula to calculate the chance for Cure and ArchCure to detoxify poison?"

The Cure formula is as follows: Chance to Cure = (10000 + (Magery * 75) - (poison strength * 3100) / 100. This means that at Legendary Magery, you have a 35% chance to cure level 5 poison.

The Archcure formula is as follows: Chance to Arch Cure = (10000 + (Magery * 75) - (poison strength * 1750) / 100. This means that at Legendary Magery, you have a 100% chance to cure level 5 poison. On everyone within a 2-3 tile radius of you. And you only need 63 Magery to successfully cast it 100% of the time. Hmmm...

--

"Ok why the HECK would you remove the clouds from KR?"

Our Lead Programmer Supreem says,

"Ultimately it was my decision to remove the clouds. *puts on flame retardant suit*

The clouds as they were implemented didn't achieve the desired effect. They made the game significantly less bright which doesn't fit with the style of Ultima Online. We plan to bring them back in the future once we bring them in line with the overall feel of the game."

--

Playguide Update Roundup:

A few more edits and tweaks this week:

Item Properties: The Table now distinguishes between Melee and Missile weapons (there are some differences,) Velocity and Balanced are listed in the table, and their effects are described with the others. Also, the exceptions to property ranges for Runic-crafted bows are listed.

Runic Properties: Removed last week's incorrect statement about stacking properties and replaced it with the correct info about property ranges on Runic-crafted bows.

A little thin, but then, it's been a very busy week.

--

Jacksonville Town Hall

Remember, the first Town Hall of the new year will be March 1 in Jacksonville, FL at Dave and Busters. You can now RSVP, so if you're planning to come, please do so!

Alert readers will also notice that the next Town Hall is listed there - in Bethesda, MD, on May 10th. Feel free to RSVP for that one, too - it's going to be fun, because it's nice and close to the office Smile

--

I'm off to snuggle my stuffies...

- Jeremy

Molly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom and I have Already signed up!!! Town Hall Bethesda MD!!
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Mallory Ventrue
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were only a month later I could be there... Crying or Very sad

Shabam 07:41PM actually meet me somewhere!
Shabam 07:41PM I looked at t.v....
Shabam 07:41PM and got lost

Ken 05:39PM You want to see the short of it?
Molly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

come up early!
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
Mallory Ventrue
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... *contemplates the note to her daughter's principal*

Yes... my daughter will be missing the last 13 days of school due to an unforseen emergency. I must be in Maryland in order to partake in a computer game conference and drink Mochatinis and Fluffy whatchamacalits. Thank you.

I don't think that is gonna fly. Crying or Very sad

Shabam 07:41PM actually meet me somewhere!
Shabam 07:41PM I looked at t.v....
Shabam 07:41PM and got lost

Ken 05:39PM You want to see the short of it?
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluffy muffins.
Molly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an emergency situation to me.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

omg, it is..
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> News and Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: