Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Jacksonville Town Hall. Ultima Online

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> News and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:47 am Post subject: Jacksonville Town Hall. Ultima Online Reply with quote

I have to say I was impressed. And Wispering Rose or EA absolutly must post pictures. I know there were thousands taken.

I first arrived from North Carolina and met up with fellow Zog Cabalist, Dragothien.
Upon arrival in dave and busters we were greated and offered tons of awesome free stuff.
UO town hall t-shirts (nice design, *wonders if the runic "EA" in "town" hall was intentional*)
Ultima Online posters
Left over Blackthorns Revenge factory sealed Tod McFarlane Figures(impressed)
And bunnies.......

Thats right. Along with Jeremy And Leurocian was Bunny woman (Adida). An ex GM turned live event team member (welcome to the team, Congrats) You can thank her for the pink bunnies, tho we thank you for offering the manly men vorpal bunnies.

After being given blessed IRL Ultima Online Items of Town Hall +2, The slide show began. The Team was introduced by nick and name and their goals were displayed. they mimic that mentioned by Draconi earlier. Sorry he couldnt make it.

A Letter from Live

Quote:
The Mission
Our mission is to provide UO with the greatest content and gameplay publishes possible. This means Bug Fixes. Balances. Enhancements. New Content. It means delivering a plot arc the likes you’ve never seen, with a dedicated events team who’re passionate about not only UO’s history, but Ultima’s itself.

Those are pretty direct statements, so let’s explore their impact:

Bug Fixes, Balances: UO is a brilliant world, thanks to both our fervent community and the years of development the team has given her. UO is also complex: we need to fix the bugs. We have longstanding issues and completely new problems that pop up on a weekly basis. Critical issues that interfere with your enjoyment of UO are as intolerable to our team as they are to you.

Just to be clear: our focus is server bugs, not client. While larger systems will take some time, there’re things that need to change immediately – which leads us to our next topic.

Cheating: We hate it as much as you do. We can’t disclose our plans or methods, but be assured that removing exploits and keeping the game fair is a top priority for the Live team. As far as the cheaters themselves? Some of you may know what I can do with a lit match and some blackrock. Expect burned out shells where treasure vaults of ill-gotten gains were once held. Allow me to reiterate: cheating will not be tolerated.

Please report anything you see through the in-game petitioning system, and larger issues to Jeremy through the Feedback system on the Herald.

New Content: UO thrives on new content. Britannia was designed as a world, and everything we add to it, permanent or no, leads it further along that path. We’re not only excited about the coming event arcs, but also just the fun, interesting things we can do.
Tim "Draconi"Cotten
UO Live Lead Designer

Each of the team members elaborated largely on each of these topics

The most loved was new content and bug fixes (some great stuff comming up)
I will encourage everyone to go to the new garden the world builders set up at the yew waterfalls (the hot wedding spot) in both 2d and KR. It is available on all live shards, not sure if it is trammel only, hope not. anywho.

Right around and a bit before this time i will mention, we were catered too with fantastic cheese crackers pasta and chicken.....Beer later

The favorite moment was after the slides we went into Q&A mode were the staff members took questions from the people present (around 15-20 players, I liked the size, i got to ask alot more questions that way [ooo])
The questions that i remember pertained to:

Bags of Sending (sorry for the incontinence, but they were a huge success on the war on scripters, sites went down in seconds)
The leather armor epidemic(interesting point, Leather armor seems to be the only thing people wear, since properties are not limited to certain armor types, leather can beat plate and so on, possible evening out someday)
House Deco tools(they move up and down...can they move north south east and west? whoever asked this question is an effing genius)Its possible someday.
Boats(We know they are a freak of nature, but in 2d with a modern connection they move fine, possible improvements in the future? customizable boats seem realistic and was proposed, keep your fingers crossed pirates)
JesusSince there are items in game from various other religions (druids, demonic cults, Wicca) will there ever be items introduced that have a Christian slant, since in the spirit of the game's setting Christianity was very much a part of that time as well as the others?
This was an online question. It was noted that this is a fantasy world and things such as pentacles, alters, virtues(the only real "religion/way of life supported by UO fiction) are simple non-defined symbols to capture emotion and gain relation. Thus necromancers can use the evil looking things to RP and decorate with. If that player reads this I'll let you know there are plenty of guilds in UO that run religions events, theres event a Sunday morning service on lake superior run a guild search with church of Jesus in it if you want to get into that, but this is Britannia, not earth.
GM service( it was made known that if you do not ask a grieving player to stop and you just page, NOTHING will happen. and don't expect the player to just vanish and disappear from UO, they could be a part of something big, visit Luna to learn more)
Cheaters?(boy are they about to get shut down, there will be sacrifice, but at least its a virtue. Wait til those houses in Luna "fall"
Seers please(this is an American law-issue, it is VERY unlikely to happen again. Keep in mind this only refers to VOLUNTEER programs. Having a growing Live event team and possible future contracted assistance(this was not mentioned nor promised by anyone) do however present hope for more player-staff interaction)

After this we shut down the internet folks Q&A and blessed the people who drove 6 and 10 hours to come with personal interaction with the devs and staff members.
Jeremy is really smart driven so i feel good there(shes a badass)
If leurocian stops rambling about uo, just start throwing out keywords until he goes off again....you'll learn alot. and since i horde information you shall have none
Adida was a GM who i know was good, and now has a bigger spot on the team, good things will come from her. Look at the waterfalls...go...now...

Best part,
They all know who the Zog Cabal is. So no more people working on Ultima Online who have never even played the game! They all love Ultima, have played Ultima.
Our game is in good hands people, take my word for it.
I would have stayed for hours is DAoC didnt have to set up [frown] but we said our good byes and doth did bail from the premise.
I do have to say I ws impressed with the players we had there
90% role-players.....thats WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT YEAH!
We had Greypawn and Yolen of MTC, we had Nanoc and friends from PaxLair, and a bunch of cool ol' players. Loved it. I hope I can make it to the next. If not, then they better come to Charlotte NC next year!

Now there is plenty to hear, especially the interviews which I have not heard yet.
You'll have to register, but its worth it. Check it out.
Much thanks to wispering rose radio. Ultima is Online.
Sounds of Town Hall

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Yolen Grath
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I was there, good times Smile I agree with Cear, the game is in good hands... it is too bad they are torn in to many directions....

Other than that... Atlantic Represent! We totally made up 1/4 the folks there! *begins raising the roof*
Jaedra
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Greypawn is a poohead for not letting me know he was going to be there. I would have sucked it up and taken off work for that, I KNOW how he loves me to give him hugs *cackle* Razz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackfoltz wrote:
Yea, I was there, good times Smile I agree with Cear, the game is in good hands... it is too bad they are torn in to many directions....

Other than that... Atlantic Represent! We totally made up 1/4 the folks there! *begins raising the roof*

Dude I know right! we may have even been near half! Aside from that damn near 99% of the people there were roleplayers. I love the PaxLair folk. so full of cheer......
Did you meet the 60 year old rez killer? she was a hoot. Glad im not on chessy.

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> News and Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: