Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Hold Off On Service Pack 3!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:30 pm Post subject: Hold Off On Service Pack 3! Reply with quote

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9084418

If you have an AMD processor, do not "upgrade."
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, Macs FTW.
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee im so glad I have vista.
Jonathan Strathmore
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow..... that is all.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Never getting it. Nothing I need out of it. As much as we laughed at people still using windows 98 once XP was out, I'll be using XP until something that doesn't suck comes out and is stable after a year or two. Vista sucks and I'm not making the switch to macs ever.
Arcana
Crazed Zealot
Crazed Zealot

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

And have you actually used a Mac with the new OS? Hm?? Try it and you will wonder how you ever put up with a PC for so long. And, if you have a few PC-only games that you have to play, the new Macs can be set up to dual-boot with either operating system.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcana wrote:
And have you actually used a Mac with the new OS? Hm?? Try it and you will wonder how you ever put up with a PC for so long. And, if you have a few PC-only games that you have to play, the new Macs can be set up to dual-boot with either operating system.

But... There isn't anything a Mac can do that a PC can't do that I would actually boot to their OS for.... Besides becoming a large paperweight when I want to upgrade Very Happy
Arcana
Crazed Zealot
Crazed Zealot

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to turn this into a PC vs. Mac debate, I'm just saying don't knock it until you've tried it because otherwise, you don't really know what its like.
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcana wrote:

I murderously HATE the Mac OS. HATE. It is so frustrating to use, the art computer lab at my college is full of them. I brought my laptop in and worked on it instead of that POS. I don't hate apple, I like it that they're giving Microsoft competition because Microsoft needs to go frack itself too, I just hate having to use their OS. One word: dock bar. WHAT IS THIS rubbish.

And Kuja, I don't think anyone'll be laughing at you. A more apt comparison is win98 to winME. I purposely went out looking for a laptop that had XP on it instead of Vista, I got to use Vista for 15 minutes on my brother's lappy and came to the conclusion that I would never use it again. Even my brother forgets he has that laptop, his PC broke and he asked if he could play WoW on mine a few months back. I asked what happened to his laptop and he honestly forgot he had it because Vista made the poor thing suck so bad.
Ekoth Ilzaeum
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Norture wrote:
I murderously HATE the Mac OS. HATE. It is so frustrating to use, the art computer lab at my college is full of them. I brought my laptop in and worked on it instead of that POS. I don't hate apple, I like it that they're giving Microsoft competition because Microsoft needs to go fudgicles itself too, I just hate having to use their OS. One word: dock bar. WHAT IS THIS poopies.

How is it frustrating to use? It's about 1000 times easier. Not to mention ridiculously faster than any Windows OS. It's more reliable, has far less errors than Windows (and if you get one, it usually TELLS you what's going on, instead of just saying something like Error Syntax = 2929-xx122, Failure, Restart, xx9). And did I mention there's virtually no viruses that attack it? And the dock is love. I could never go back to using desktop shortcuts or stuff in that mess of a start menu.

Plus Mac's OS (especially Leopard) is sexy and smooth as hell. Windows has always been graphically unappealing to me. The only reason I have it installed on my mac is to play UO.

But I guess to each his/her own, really. :/ I'm just glad I made the switch. I admit, Apple used to be horrible, but they really have come a long way to make superior products.

And I'm surprised this thread hasn't been moved to another forum yet.

P.S. You know I love you, Goona. Wink
Walter
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't get why everyone hates Vista so much. I've run it since I got this computer which was pretty much when Vista came out. And well it's worked great. :/

[20:28] Inkari: walter=chuck norris

"What do you mean I can't sell castle deeds I create on Ebay?" - GM Darwin circa 1999
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had any issues with mine either.
Minamoto Yorito
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone remember that gates is the like minority stock holder or some crap like that in apple.so he wins either way unless congress jumped him for supposedly monopolizing . eithe way he resurected apply and brought steve jobs back into the fold . far has virus attacks , that is because none have i guess bothered to make them just like the linux os.
Malo
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an old fart so I have used Windows from the beginning. I also worked for 35 years in graphic design in large process printing shops which were both Mac and PC oriented. I am very familiar with Macs. They are great graphic machines but not so hot as overall computers. The only OS I ever had problems with were windows 2000 and windows ME...both suck swamp water up their butt. I loved 98 and XP but I now use Vista. I have no problems with it
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows XP Professional 2005 Media Center edition. All i'll ever need.
I havent had a virus in years.

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: