Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Is this all really still happening?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Leshok Majere
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:45 am Post subject: Is this all really still happening? Reply with quote

Honestly folks, I know I haven't played seriously on Atlantic in near two years now, and I easily recognize that this is a "new generation" of Atlantic roleplayers, but is everyone still getting into the same arguements I remember having when I played over 3 years ago? Who is controling whose roleplay, who is cybering with who, whose new idea is better than whose older lore. whose lore is being stomped on by whose new idea?

I mean I see a few veterans from my days still, but haven't we learned anything about all this? Honestly its a little discouraging to see the same arguements, whats next? Land claims!!!!

I agree to a point that all flame wars should be locked and removed. However, I was looking through my old posts to see if I could find some of our more "historical" flames that led to either 1. guilds disbanding 2. people quiting 3. community splitting 4. people just plain ignoring each other.

However I could not cite anything as they were gone, so be it.

CAP new vampire guild and their stance vs the established vampires is kind of reminding me in a way of the Yew catastrophe between Arlin's guild and the YTC. Not exactly but in a way it does.

I mean lets remember folks those who are still here other issues and how they went down. Lets remember the biggest and most common thing that happened everytime : PEOPLE LEFT AND STOPPED ROLEPLAYING. Entire guilds die over stupid stuff and people lose interest cause we can't learn to be both respectful and flexible at the same time.

I love our established lore to a certain extent, but unfortunately the world of Ultima Online is a constantly and crazily changing world, where almost anything is possible. If you roleplay a shard transfer then your coming from a different reality. On the same page, why is our histories not more readily available in a simple format for others to view? really its not.

Arguements happen, and lets not forget people change sides!

When Tiffany Case made her own community, it hurt us badly, and we lost lots of folks, how ever a few crossed over afterwards, my first examples there are Vaen and Rachel.

When the ARPC vs FAR split happened we lost lots of folks too! Now I see Isk back amongst the boards in a strong presence ( <3 isk ). Things change just as much OOC as they do IC.

If you all let it one incident after another will CONTINUE to drain down the pool of roleplayers on this shard, lest you all get your heads out into the sunshine and learn to react better.

Blarg, thats my rant for now really.

I know where you guys are coming from really 4 years ago I went nuts when I found someone was walking all over old Stormhaven lore to the point i went on a witch hunt.

But there has to be a less stupid way.

"Fri Jan 14 20:07:01 2005 [08:45:38] Kuja: ghaahahahahahha...ha..h.a..... NOTHING TO FREAKING DO IN GAME GAH"

Some things never change even after 4 years...
Jonathan Strathmore
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I have lots of friends here. I love the ARPC, and really for all the instability in our group, I think for the most part we are on the right track. We are all intelligent people, who mostly, have very differing view points on many different things.

Thus arguments happen.

But everything I have seen recently hasn't been that serious. And the people are more reasonable nowadays, then, say... Tiffany Case, or a FEW of the people who spearheaded the FAR thing. And really.... ARPC is the one that remained, we still stand strong, with active guilds, and interesting stories and role play.

This community is doing really well, and is making great strides, even with the minor bickerings here and there. But really, if we as people, can look past those squabbles, then there is nothing to worry of, and great hope for the future.

That's all I really have to say.

EDIT: I added an edit because I realized I'm a dumbass and didn't say something I meant to say.

Good point, and I'm glad someone brought it up.
Merci d'Rue
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed i have much faith in the community. For every arguement you see there are countless other good interactions going on that you never here of.

Its easy to think things are negative when really its positive. The bad stuff just gets more press.

Its always like that and always will be.

So dont be disheartened there is alot of really great stuff in the works on all accounts.
Jonathan Strathmore
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Merci d'Rue wrote:
Agreed i have much faith in the community. For every arguement you see there are countless other good interactions going on that you never here of.

Its easy to think things are negative when really its positive. The bad stuff just gets more press.

Its always like that and always will be.

So dont be disheartened there is alot of really great stuff in the works on all accounts.

Some of the best RP of my life is happening right now. For that I am grateful.
Leshok Majere
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes there always is, and I'm not saying OMG IT ALL SUCKS, i am disheartened at its the SAME arguements that my generation was happening, and i'm hoping other people can see and recognize this and maybe learn from it!

"Fri Jan 14 20:07:01 2005 [08:45:38] Kuja: ghaahahahahahha...ha..h.a..... NOTHING TO FREAKING DO IN GAME GAH"

Some things never change even after 4 years...
Jonathan Strathmore
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Leshok Majere wrote:
Ah yes there always is, and I'm not saying OMG IT ALL SUCKS, i am disheartened at its the SAME arguements that my generation was happening, and i'm hoping other people can see and recognize this and maybe learn from it!

Understandable, and there is still hope !!!
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

My frustration is that, when I started posting, it was along the lines of

OH GOD BADGES = DIE IN A FIRE IRL PLZ *froths at the mouth*

and has since evolved into really trying to be honest and constructive. However, no matter how honest and constructive I attempt to be, I still get the same treatment as if I was screaming about badges and pre-emptively insulting people that potentially disagree with me. In fact it seems like people are more apt to get all butthurt over my posts when I'm being nice as opposed to when I am blatantly insulting them.

Funny.
Jonathan Strathmore
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Subtlty is the root of all evil. Silly Kuja.
Arcana
Crazed Zealot
Crazed Zealot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The more things change, the more they stay the same. From my sporadic reading of the forums every few months, I have the same observations, Leshock.
Tai Kwan Leap
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having a generally good time of late.
Malo
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy the RP community, even with all it's foibles. Many good things are going on in the community and some fine RP goes on regularly.
Yes there will be the same silly arguments because people are people and it is the nature of the beast.They get their feelings hurt or think something was unfair and forget that things often are not fair... so welcome to the world. Taking every petty infraction of the rules to the boards to complain is just silly.
You know what else is silly?... complaining about people complaining.
Arcana
Crazed Zealot
Crazed Zealot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Malo, there are a good number of people out there who used to RP here, and still lurk out of a sense of nostalgia. It makes us sad to see the same stuff that drove us away still going on and occasionally someone will choose to comment on that in the perhaps misguided hope that it may make a difference. That's all.
Aszcar Majere
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yup

Last edited by Aszcar Majere on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Skatha
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So, CAP came along and upset the apple cart for a brief period --- any change in the dynamics of a somewhat close group is going to cause some conflict, reshuffling of the heirarchy, and confusion.

Soon it will all fall into some new dynamic configuration, we will get to know each other and hopefully quit stepping all over each other (and maybe get back to cybering??? ((sorry, couldn't resist that)) ).

It's been a great ride for me so far -- loving it!!
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

dude ive been rping here for like 9 or 10 years and never had any of these problems. i have no idea why that is, best bet is to just join my guild. ¿no?

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: