Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Ilaria Giovanni

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
Ilaria Giovanni
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:55 pm Post subject: Ilaria Giovanni Reply with quote

Hmm, not much of huge excitement to share. I'm 47 years old, married 22 years, mother of 2; daughter 27 and son 21 and grand mother of one 7 year old granddaughter.

My education has been middle management with a few added courses in oil painting, creative writing which peaked my interested and filled in empty spaces.

I've worked for a multitude of different dead end jobs from waitin' tables during my pot smokin' youth at Pizza Hut to Lands' End as my last outside employer. My most satisfying job was working in a halfway house with chronically homeless dual diagnosis mentally ill and drug dependent adults. Also my most mentally damaging, thus my return to college and then Lands' End. My husband and I now run a small concrete construction company doing mostly residential work, Patios etc., some decorative work (stamped, colored etc.) My days of shoveling and doing some of the grunt work were over before this company began. (I did all that crap when we were dating and first married) I now try to deal with the whole bookkeeping, taxes, customer relations end. Which means I work from HOME!!!

I have been described by others as a "tree hugger" and myself. I guess perhaps its fitting. I tend toward the nuturing, protective defend the weaker side of things. Age hasn't changed my somewhat liberal views on things. Perhaps not so much liberal as I just don't see why if its not harming anyone else we need to concern ourselves with the actions of others. I abhor movies that depict the horrific and prefer those which champion the human spirit to overcome adversity and make the world a better place. Music can be just about anything of any type. Words are wonderful things reading them, writing short stories and poetry, and letters to friends and family. The art of handwritten letters is dying... so sad.

I began UO in 1999 at the urging of my children and my brother. I'm not one to play video games, never got into them. UO is different, its not just shoot little targets or gobbling up dots. My brother and I began the whole video game thing with PONG decades ago. I hated it. After a couple years my children regretted the introduction I went through my UO obsession phase of playing 40+ hours a week and not sleeping or doing anything else much. The addiction is more under control now HA!

Enough rambling
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: