Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Purging the malevolence

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
omera
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:24 am Post subject: Purging the malevolence Reply with quote

((This is the story that explains Oldscale's many-month disappearance.))

Oldscale sat at his campfire. Today's hunt had been well. A slab of stag meat was cooking in the fire. The smell was soothing- possibly because of the herbal spices. The hide of the stag were cleaned and Oldscale was using them as a blanket in the cold. The bone of its leg was carved into an idol of a lizardman, which stood planted into the dirt. Oldscale smiled at his work of art.
Oldscale closed his eyes to meditate. Now was the perfect time to do so. A soothing voice spoke to Oldscale, and the lizardman opened his eyes. It was the campfire that spoke to him. "Oldscale, it has been some time since we've spoken. I am the universal spirit."
Oldscale smiled into the campfire. "Greetings, Gaia. What is it you need?" he said smoothly.

((I'll continue this later. Right now I gotta go.))
omera
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

"Part of the spirit world has been corrupted, and the corruption is spreading. A great malevolence has entered the spirit world, and I need you to destroy it. As you know, you must leave this world to enter that of the spirits. Cast yourself in these flames, and I will guide your passage." Gaia said. Oldscale stepped into the fire, which engulfed him. It was painless, and felt more like a soothing warmth. It must have been Gaia protecting him from the pain.

Oldscale awoke in the spirit world. Already he could sense the disturbance brought by the malevolence. It was powerful, but it was no match for the elderly Lizardman. Oldscale's spirit meditated on the source of corruption. Over the months, it weakened, until it disappeared completely.

Oldscale felt his grip on the spirit world weaken. He blacked out, and woke up on a beach outside of Trinsic. Gaia had brought Oldscale back to the material world.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: