Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The Tale of Deacon Lockehart.

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Deacon
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:30 pm Post subject: The Tale of Deacon Lockehart. Reply with quote

The Tale of Deacon Lockehart.

Intro:

Name: Deacon Lockehart
Race: Mixed Race - Prefers to be addressed as a Human
Alignment: True Neutral - Chaotic Good (Depends on the situation)

History

My birth was anything but normal, anything but happy, anything but planned.... but Im getting ahead of myself.

Over 212 years have passed since the abomination I have to look at in the mirror everyday was forced into this world. It was cold and rainy, I suppose it suits for the events that followed.

My mother's name was Imoen Lockehart, she was a gentle beautiful (human) woman from the southern town of Delucia. She worked as an herblist to the elder mage in the town, collecting herbs from the outskirts of town. Due to a long running flood many of the gatherers were forced further and further from the protection of the city in search of usable resources. On one such day my mother had fallen behind her usual gathering group and decided to cut through the brush to make up lost time....

Focused solely on not being the last to return home she didn't notice she was being followed, though I doubt anyone would have on a day like that. It wasn't until she had tripped into the clearing that she realized she had gone off course, and not only that had interupted 3 heavily armored orcs sharing god knows what for food. Her first intinct was to run but she couldn't move. My mother frozen in fear, watched as the Orcs realized they had just replaced rotten meat for tender human flesh....

The larger of the 3, the leader, reached her first. Hovering over her, it seemed to be deciding on what to eat first. Then there was nothing, she had fainted and when my mother woke, she was still in the clearing, but things were different. There was a huge fire off at the edge of the clearing, the orcs lifeless bodies burning and her bag of herbs she had dropped and scattered where neatly placed in her pack hanging from a small tree. Then she saw him....

Gabriel Blackblade, my father. Gabriel, regardless of my personal opinion, was a very intesting individual and master of many if not all forms of magic. He was part of a long line of pure blood elves living in secret along a secluded waterfront far northwest of Delucia. The elves had also been forced from there usual hunting grounds do to flooding and just happen upon my mother in her time of need or so he said. He never formally explained why he and his small commun of elves where living in the region of Delucia, but he couldn't hide that fact forever.

For the next few years my mother and father would meet in secret at the same clearing my mother had once dreaded. They were happy, content and most of all in love. Of course nothing lasts forever and there is no exception here. My mother became pregnant and my father became distant. He was very much at odds with his opinion of what grew in his loves now pronouced stomach. His small comun of elves already openly disagreed with his love for my mother and feared that should they found me out they would take the necessary action to protect the blood line. Gabriel of course could have cared less what happen to me, but as for my mother he would die before allowing such an act to take place and so his visits became much less frequent almost halted in fact. I can only assume to apease his peers....

My mother was at full term when it happened. It was a typical day, my mother went to meet Gabriel at their clearing but....he never came. For days she returned to the clearing growing more and more anxious each visit. For the last time my mother slowly walked into the clearing, suprised to see a shadowy figure standing at the far end of the clearing. Immediatly my mother knew this was not my father, but her curiousity and need for an explantion drew her in, forced her to move forward...

The stranger began to speak "Pathetic" and with that the shadowy figure was on top of her he yelled out "An Sanct Gra Char", enchanted dagger drawn, and then....both my mother and the assalant let out deathly gasps. The man dropped to the grass lifeless and cold his body withering away until his body resembled that of a grey corpse unearth after years of decay. But it was too late, my father had arrived to late, the dagger had found its mark. My mother was gone and I was sure to follow very soon.

AN CORP! AN CORP! AN CORP! My father was screaming, he was not himself. And then it happened. Uus Corp!

What was once my mother rose from the ground eyes lifeless, her face hardened. It was finally clear, my father didnt choose to live amongst the humans of Delucia, he and his small band were exiled to this place for abusing the dark arts! Gabriel looked in horror as he began to regain his sanity, realizing what he had just done. My mother bent over and retrieved the very weapon that had just been part of her body. He stood frozen, his mind in pieces. With the last remaining strength of humanity she still clung too she said only this "Please" grasped her stomach and with that she took what was left of her own life.

My Father dare not ignore his loves last wishes and allowed me to live but that and only that. He personally delivered me in the very clearing I was concieved and then abandoned me at the north entrance of Delucia, with a note and a sash that had been my mothers and used to wrap me. The note was nothing special it didn't even have an explanation it simply read:

Deacon Lockehart, Your mother loved you.

Lockehart! It makes me laugh now, he wouldn't even grace me with his name. Though I wouldn't have it any other way I was proud to carry my mothers name.

For the begginging years of my life I was raised by my mothers former master at the mage shop, I guess he thought he owed her. The man was tireless when it came to my training though it was for good reason. From a very early age my guardian had realized something of a talent that I possessed, well he called it a talent, I saw it as my curse but still it needed to be controlled. Apparently when Gabriel had animated Imoens body it had extreme side effects on my ability to wield the very magic that had killed her....well possibly both of us I'm not really sure and I truely don't care to know.

My master did his best to keep my "talents" out of the public eye. As a child I had a hard time remaining in human form when I would get upset, typically shifting into lich form. My master would explain to the citizens of Delucia that it was simply a new polymorph spell I had been working on and that it was simply for show. It got very lonely living is such seclusion as I wasn't allowed to play with the other children in fear I may accidently lose control and form shift or even worse hurt one of them.

I was 17 when Silverline showed up. Silverline is a shadow wisp, my familiar and my best friend. I summoned him on instinct in a scuffle with a few of the local children. Needless to say, they left me alone from then on. He of course had no name, but the hate I had for myself was only tolerable by the silver lining of having a true companion so we both agreed on the name Silverline. It was then that my master decided that it was best we move to the outskirts of Delucia rather than reside within the city walls. It had already become increasingly difficult to hide my secret from the locals and now with the arrival of Silverline the locals would think nothing but "demon child" seeing me walking and talking with a shadow wisp.

We lived a relatively normal life over the next few years. My training continued and my ability to control my dark talents grew exponentially. Silverline and I found that we both had the ability to take on many forms. Though we both felt most comfortable taking on the role of human and pet wisp as we were both quite ashamed of the alternatives....

The Retun of Gabriel Blackblade.

Years later, I was nearly 26, when I first heard the news. A lone elf had been seen camping near the rivers to the far east of Delucia, quite close to where I was living at the time. Word had spread that this elf was murdering Delucian hunting parties and fishermen outside the protection of the cities reach, without cause or mercy. When I told my master what I had heard I could physically see the worry in his eyes. He began talking quickly and organizing his massive book collection, something he did to ease his mind. It took days to get him to sit down and explain his nervous mood swings and to be honest I wished he never had. My master knew the man that had attacked and killed my mother and he knew why the elves had returned. He explained that the assalant was one of the elves my father was in league with and that he had been searching for months were my mother and Gabriel had been meeting. This was very confusing at first. How could my master, MY GUARDIAN have known these things and with such detail.

It hit me like a ton of bricks all at once just before he confirmed it himself. My master went on to say he too had been unsure of his thoughts of the union between my mother and father. He began apologizing almost begging for forgivness. He told me that one of my fathers colleges had confronted him and demanded to know the situation between my father and mother, where they met, how often and when. My master had given up my mother on a silver platter and then raised me out of guilt.

The whites of my eyes exploded into a deep blue, I was shaking, Silverline involuntarly shifted into a massive bat. It was so sudden I didn't even notice at first, my heart had completly stopped and my skin was ice cold, ice white. My master began lashing out, control! He was yelling now CONTROL! As much as I hated him, as much as I wanted to simply rip him apart right then and there, he was right. I was better than this, I would not resort to the very actions, the very monster that had consumed my father and killed my mother. A tremor raced down my back, I could feel my heart beat, my skin softed and warmed. Now back in human form I began to collect my thoughts, when my master handed me a note, his hands shaking, it had been delivered by pigeon in the midst of the conflict.....it was addressed to Deacon Blackblade.....

"The rest are dead and next so shall he and all that he holds dear." "You have one hour"

The note was followed by a set of sextant cordinates. As if I needed them I knew exactly where he would be. It was where I came into this world and where one of us would leave it.

I took a hard look at the note before it burst in to flame. This was clearly an invitation to join him...to take my place as his son. I couldn't help but laugh. "You should go" speaking over my shoulder to my once revered master. He slowly headed for the door, began to speak and then was gone. I began gathering my armor, a few regents and an old dagger and first weapon, given as a gift from my treacherous master and finally throw on my mothers sash. I knew that when this was over Delucia would be only a memory, I would not be coming back.

The ending and the new beginning.

As we made our way through the bush, Silverline remained silent even he knew it was no time for chatter. As expected Gabriel was waiting at the far end of the clearing. However there was someone with him, no not with him he was laying at his feet. Before I could confirm the identity Gabriel spoke. "Yes, it is your "Master"" he said it with such distane. "I don't see why your are suprised." "I was very clear that he would be mine" I simply nodded "You did" "And now son let us finish what I have started" I cracked a smile reaching for my dagger and before I could even react he had me pinned up against a tree by my throat raising me off my feet. "I knew why you would come but a father can hope can't he?" Again my eyes exploded in to a deep blue "Thats my boy!" he yelled. At that moment his focus shifted to the left. Silverline came racing from behind the tree in wolf form leaping and tearing at his arm. His grip loosed and he threw my friend in to a nearby rock causing Silverline to shift back into wisp form he lay there motionless and silent. It was now or never...I reached for the dagger clung to my belt and drove it deep into his chest and with a strong twist he let me loose stumbling back into the middle of the clearing gasping for air. I slowly approached him with eyes still blazing blue taking caution for the unexpected tricks im sure he would attempt. But he was still, grapsing onto the dagger as if it were a part of him as if it ment the world to him, and......he was smiling? I knew then it was the same enchanted dagger that had slain my mother. He looked up his eyes soft and tearful "Your mother would be proud" with a speed I still cannot fathom he ripped the dagger twisted in his chest outward letting out a deathly gasp. I stood still, torn of what I should be feeling. I hated and loved him. I would not force him to roam a mindless abomination as he nearly did my mother nor would I heal him to have him live in hate and regret. I would show him the same mercy my mother asked him for me. I let him die that and only that....

I made my way to the mainland looking for something, I still dont know what. Silverline remains at my side and I by his. Perhaps we were ment to be alone...but perhaps not we will have to see what the future holds....
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: