Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Warrior's War Journal Entry

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Baron Mordegan
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:16 pm Post subject: Warrior's War Journal Entry Reply with quote

Journal Entry

Battle for Luna

...riding towards the southern entrance of the City of Luna I could see smoke and flames rising from the city center. The sounds of war war ring in my ear and my senses are at their highest, on the look out for any enemy forces that may be lurking nearby.

I enter the southern part of the city riding hard and fast listening for the sounds of battle which were coming from the east within the city walls. I could see wide spread destruction, homes burning, bodies of dead citizens and fallen defenders. I pulled Othello's reigns towards the westerly road leading to the west gate of the city. I received a report from Lord Paladin Zarlox that our forces were to gather there to launch offensive operations against the forces of the Dark Order and her allies. The city streets were clear of all citizens but were littered with debris and the dead. Othello has a hard time navigating through this much destruction. I could see the west gate and I notice a Legionaire riding injured at full speed from within the city center heading to the safety of our lines. Suddenly, appeared an enemy soldier riding just as swiftly trying to deal a final blow on one of my men. I reach down and feel the security of my blade in my grip and draw my sword, kicking Othello into full run I chase after my first target. The enemy soldier did not know what struck as my sword pierced his armor and its magic called lightning down from the sky, sending him to the ground dying of his injuries.

I pass through our lines and see many wounded men. Master Sergeant Arnhem Davnworth was assembling a section of Legionaires for attack, but the men looked tired and beleaguered. I approached the section of men and the Master Sergeant, all of whom lit up up at the sight of their Captain. I received a situation update from the Master Sergeant and took command of our and our allied forces. The report depicted a grim picture and the men knew the next wave would be a decisive in whom was going to hold the city for another day.

I told the Master Sergeant to assemble the men in formation and noticed a Lady lurking nearby. I recall seeing her in Sanctus and knew that her sympathies lay with the Dark Order and Tarothin himself. The Lady came closer observing our force strength and perhaps trying to listen to my battle briefing to my troops. I ordered her away from the battle area and told her that if she did not leave immediately she would suffer death at my hand. She continued to lurk and refused to leave after another warning at which point I ordered her slain as a spy for the Dark Order.

The plan to the men was simple enough and risky. We numbered only seven strong and any direct attack would prove useless against the superior numbered enemy. I divided the group into three small sections and ordered them to take positions by the south and north gate, while I held the west gate. I completed my orders when the enemy attacked en masses. The full force of the enemy drive broke through our defensive line at the west gate, we had no choice but to commit to an all out battle. I continually shouted orders to stay in pairs and I could hear the Master Sergeant repeat my orders. I could see one enemy soldier bear down on me and make me his target. Our swords clanged and our shields were used as pummel sticks trying to knock each other off balance. I could hear his grunting as he swung his blade and his dismal cry as I blocked each blow. I slashed his side and saw the magic of my blade send multiple bolts of lightning into his body, which fell to the ground smoking and quivering...dead.

The enemy was quickly falling and I could see two enemy mages giving our troops some trouble, killing our men one by one.
I dismounted Othello in the heat of the battle as my men ran after these scoundrel mages. I took a bola out and began the swing, looking for a mage to target. It was not long before one came within range and I let the bola fly through the air hitting its target to the ground. The mage attempted to run by was to slow for mounted troops which quickly dispatched him to the nether world. I picked up my bola as my men rode with renewed vigor as they could sense that the tide of the battle had turned to us and knew the city would be once again defended against the evil hoard that sought to rule it. I began to swing the bola in anticipation that the last mage would ride by in haste since my troops were chasing him down. To no surprise the mage appeared and again the bola hit its intended mark. The mage fell just outside the city walls.

Master Sergeant Arnhem Davenworth reported our casualties and assembled the wounded. This battle was victorious for the light and once again the city was protected by the Order of Sanctus. The Master Sergeant gave the order to move out and head towards Sanctus leaving a fresh company of men behind to continue protecting the city.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: