Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Monkeywrench

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dealthagar
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:57 pm Post subject: Monkeywrench Reply with quote

FOREWARD - This was originally posted in 2002 as well. It came up last night in a conversation between Dealthagar and Drayek, so I thought it prudent to hunt it down and post it.

Dating information :

Kronos was the commander in chief of the Regent's forces.
DA is the Dark Awakening, the technomantic guild that lay siege to Yew and eventually conquered it and much of the surrounding area Trammel side, led by myself, Anna and Unity.
Everyone knows GreyPawn. Oddly this was during a dark period in Moonglow, and MTC and DA were allies opposing both the Regent and the Shadow Conclave (OES, NCR, ORC and others).

----

OOC: First and foremost, my apologies to anyone who saws this piece of fiction as "god-mode" or whatnot. It was not intended as such. There was some on-going fiction between the forces of the Regent and the Technocratic Alliance. In an attempt to further this in game interaction, I took a bit of license. Since near its inception DA had considered itself allies and supporters of Blackthorne's actions, much as the Regency is the representative of Lord British. Because in game monsters cannot differentiate between members of DA and any other PC, in game fiction had to occur to explain the hostility. If you find this concept wholly offensive because I used and directed the words and actions of Blackthorne...get over it. If you've read the fiction or history of Blackthorne, I have done my very best to keep to his character.

If you you're ok with it and understand DA's need to do this to keep game fiction and game mechanics in line with each other....enjoy.

---------------------

"Do they honestly think they can keep the greatest technomancer on this orb prisoner? Do they honestly think they can seal me within my own lair?" Dealthagar growled. The remnants of British's government were becoming a maddening annoyance. "I am the Technocrat Primus! I will not tolerate this indignity!" His fists crackled with purple lightning as he brought them down on the marble work table before him, shattering the slab into minute splinters.

He climbed the steps to the ramparts of the castle. He could see the campfires of his men's makeshift bases of operations in the woods to the south. Kotare and Mox had given them sanctuary. The time would come for the siege soon. He could only hope that GreyPawn's men could assist. United, the Regent's men stood no chance.

Suddenly, Kronos appeared out front of the massive citadel. Concentrating, Dealthagar amplified his hearing inputs. "..orders from the Regent. Blackthorne has returned, and he plans to move on the Regent's cities."

Dealthagar's brow furrowed. Of course he's returned. Who do they think has been supporting our moves? It mattered not. The guards were now in a rush to gather themselves. They would never notice a single recall in the midst of the Chaos. Recalling the rune he had secreted away in a compartment in his forearm, Dealthagar disappeared to the rendezvous spot he had with Blackthorne's forces.

"Halt! Identify yourself or be slain!" A handful of juka warriors ran up brandishing weapons.

"I am the Technocrat, Dealthagar, here to see Blackthorne. Lower your weapons, fools." The Juka weren't the brightest of beings, but they made excellent fanatical shock troops.

The leader of the Juka led the robed mage into the heart of the camp. A large central tent had been erected, and from the sounds inside, it was obvious the Betrayer was inside. Blackthorne turned and sighed upon Dealthagar's entrance. "What is it you want now, mage?"

Dealthagar was a bit taken aback by the disrespectful tone of the commander of the Technomantic movement. "My castle was sieged last night. We did as you wished and harried the Regent's troops by the bay as you directed. They returned with the entirety of their forces and overran our holdings, as I told you they would." Dealthagar pursed his lips. "You assured me you would send two legion of Juka to assist in the defense, and crush his forces! What happened to our support?"

The betrayer smirked. "My men were busy with preparations for taking Yew."

"WHAT? Yew was supposed to be for me and mine!"

"Unfortunately, due to your inability to deal with the Regent, Wilmeth and the Yew Council, I have seen it fit to deal with it directly."

Dealthagar seethed. "If you had sent your men as we were told, they would have been dealt with, and you would be free to do as you wish."

"I still am." Blackthorne chuckled. "With the Regent's men focused on you and your castle, we will be free to walk into Yew with no resistance..."

"If that was your plan, then you have already failed. The regent's men have abandoned our citadel and are moving to the defense of Yew as we speak." It was Dealthagar's turn to smirk. "Had you followed the plan, we would both have what we want. A simple adherence to the principle of Diligence, tempered with Persistence and Direction..."

A bolt of lightning arced from Blackthorne's clawed arm. "Do not evangelize to me, mageling! I know the path of singularity!"

Dealthagar slowly rose to his feet. "Funny, I do not see the path of singularity in your actions. I see Chaos guiding more now than ever."

"Do not tempt my anger again, Dealthagar. You know your role in this new world order." Blackthorne pulled his cloak around himself. "Return to your castle and rally your men. I will have orders for you soon."

Orders? Blackthorne is an ally, but he is not my liege. Dealthagar rubbed his chin. "I will return to my home." The Technocrat Primus takes orders from no man.

Dealthagar returned to his castle, and slipped back to his office. "So Blackthorne wishes to alter our arrangement. He will learn, I am no one's lackey." The Technomancer began to prepare letters to his allies. If the regent was to pay for indignity of taking his home, the Betrayer would pay the price for his insolence.

The Three Truths of Singularity

Do something to the best of your abilty or don't do it at all
Feel to the fullest of your ability, cutting yourself off from your emotions leads to spiritual death
Control your being, your existance, your destiny.

www.adriandrake.com
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: