Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Can Elves hear the Future?

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Greyskull
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:30 pm Post subject: Can Elves hear the Future? Reply with quote

The winds from the ocean breeze swept through the small cottage in Occlo. The elderly man inside didn’t seem too bothered as he penned his next scroll. It has been years, it seems, since he had felt this inner peace.

Unfortunately, even he knew it would never last…

Outside a commotion grew, a horse was protesting the need to work as hard as it was, and the halfling in front of him was dragging the horse and it’s cargo behind it with all of his might.

Lord Greyskull arose from his seat to see what was going on, and the sight of Burfoot struggling so put a small smile across his face.

“What in the bloody hells are you doing Burfoot?” the old man was shaking his head knowing full well nothing good can come from this.
“I got us a tree for Christmas!” Burfoot gave his signature toothy grin with two thumbs up.

Greyskull gingerly walked behind the horse and noticed a 40-foot spruce. It explained why the horse was most displeased.
“And where do you think we will be putting this tree exactly?”
“Well I figure if we cut a hole in the roof, we can stuff it in the front door and squeeze it through the hole!” Burfoot nodded his head, again with his toothy grin.

“There is no bloody way you are putting a hole in my roof for this tree…” Greyskull looked at the halfling sternly, the halfling finally realized he may have misjudged the old mans wishes.

“You asked me to get a tree for the house… I got a tree for the house, now you are saying you don’t want it?”
Greyskull let out a long drawn out sigh. “Did I not provide you with precise instructions on the size of the tree we were going to need?”
“Yes!” Burfoot pulled out a parchment and handed it to the old man. On the parchment was a picture of a tree, with measurements, and… a bit of a smudge where the “4-foot” was supposed to be.

“I gather you were eating prior to finding this tree?”
“How did you know?” Burfoot looked puzzled and tilted his head
Greyskull sighed “Never mind…”

That night, as the tree was outside, the two old friends were eating dinner. Rabbit stew was cooking on the hearth, and as Burfoot looked at the old man, Greyskull knew a question was coming.

“So, Santa has Elves that make him toys, right?”
“That is how the story goes, yes”
“Ok, so how come the elves in our lands don’t make toys?”
Greyskull pondered the question a moment, not knowing exactly how to answer “Well… I suppose it’s like the difference between an Elf and a Drow, similar race but this type of Elf makes toys for children.”

“Do Santas Elves have big ears like ours do?”
“I… am not sure Bur, I never saw them. Why do you ask?”
“Well, since our Elves have big ears and his Elves could have big ears, I was wondering if they were big enough to hear the future! It would explain the naughty and nice list…”
“Elves can’t hear the future Bur…” the old man sighed.

“Well that’s no fun! I was gonna ask one who was going to win the bagball game next week, I could have made millions!”
“They cannot hear the future Bur, it is more aesthetic”
Burfoot looked at the old man with a raised eyebrow “Potty mouth…”

Greyskull smiled and rubbed the head of his young friend. “Come Bur, lets see what we can do with this old tree.

The top was removed and placed near the hearth, and decorated in the holiday spirit. The rest of the tree was used to make wreaths for the door and other places around the cottage. Other wreaths were made and were given to neighbors and friends.

On the eve of Christmas, as Burfoot slept, a small Elf crept up to his bed, placed a toy near his pillow and whispered in his ear “Bet on the Green Team next week…”

From all of us in the Order of the Praetorian Guard, we wish you all a happy and safe holiday season.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: