Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

A tome of black leather, adorned with dark red runes...

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Pazuzu
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:41 am Post subject: A tome of black leather, adorned with dark red runes... Reply with quote

-----------------------
The tome is bound in black leather, and you stop for a moment and wonder what creature's hide the leather was made from. But only for a moment as the thought is...uncomfortable. The runes are standard Sosarian runes, yet they are written in a very ornate and foreign mode. You wonder what substances comprised the ink but again you block the disturbing thoughts from your mind. The runes name the tome thusly:

The Origin and History
of the being known as
Pazuzu

by

an unnamed Historian

As you begin reading the tome, it is obvious this unnamed Historian had (or has) an obsession with the subject, and is obviously very excited to have learnt what he has. The writing is of a rambling style, but you feel compelled to read on...
------------------------

Long have I wondered from whence came the Mage and Necromancer known as Pazuzu! Many dangers have I faced, and many dark and evils persons have I been required to do the bidding of, in order to learn this material! But, here, for the first time, in this tome, you will learn the full truth!

In order to begin understanding, you must first known this: there is another world - worlds actually - but in this case we're concerned with the one known as Earth. Many years ago, long before even The Sundering, many thousands of moongates opened from this Earth into our beloved Sosaria. In this way, many people from Earth entered our world. This still occurs, even today, though in greatly diminished numbers. Likely you see these Earth people all over - they are the warriors, mages, and adventurers of this world.

In this way Pazuzu entered Sosaria, during this Time of Arriving - on the very first day the gates began opening, in fact! As one can imagine, the shock of being transported from one world to another has immense effect on a person, and Pazuzu was no different. In fact, he arrived though the moongate nearly dead, and if not for the actions of one person, he would have died.

No one knows the true name of the being that assisted him that day; he was only known as Lord Tremere to those of this world. A vampire he was, and his help was both a boon and a curse upon Pazuzu. You see, he saved Pazuzu by attempted to make him into a vampire. He was interrupted in the act by a cadre of Lord British's guards, but the act was complete enough to save Pazuzu's life. The guards ran off Tremere and his entourage, and brought Pazuzu to the Vesper Youth Hostel where he recovered quickly and rapidly assimilated into Sosarian society and prospered.

He very soon joined with the Lost Order of Akalabeth, rapidly rising through the ranks of that organization, to the position of leader of the Merchant Circle. At the time, Pazuzu was very much concerned with amassing wealth, and he accomplished this very well. It wasn't long before he commissioned the first private house upon Serpent's Hold isle - a structure which stood for numerous years before finally falling due to the negligence of a Necromancer, Pwyll, who was untrusted with it's upkeep at the time. Pazuzu's time in the Lost Order did not last long, as there were many ... disagreements ... with the other Leadership as to how the Order should deal with the rampant murdering going on at the time. This was a time when there was no penalty for mass murder! Pazuzu favored a hands-on approach: "Kill them all, without mercy." he said. The Order's other Leadership favored ignoring the murderers - so Pazuzu left, along with a couple others, including his friend, a man known as KNIGHT VENTRUE.

After leaving the Lost Order, Pazuzu founded another guild, known as the Ninth Circle, but was unable to attract sufficient numbers of followers to make it worthwhile to continue it. He soon met a man known as Godson, who was in another organization, known as The Syndicate, which you have probably, sadly, heard of. The Syndicate was big, powerful, and so Pazuzu joined with this guild, and even became known as "Pazuzu LLTS" to show affiliation.

Again Pazuzu rose through the ranks quickly, attaining the rank of Lieutenant of the Brothers of the Dark Path Squadron. The leader of this squadron was a man named Faust, who also lead another, more secretive organization, into which Pazuzu was initiated. This was known as the Pagan Magick Research Team, or Order of Red. You see, at the time, Necromancy was still but a rumour! But this Order of Red had discovered many things that led them to believe this dark magick was possible, if only they could learn its secrets. So they labored to discern how to perform this magick, but it was all in vain.

This is where Pazuzu's story becomes the darkest. He commissioned the construction of another house upon Serpent's Hold, to be used as a laboratory to research Necromancy. You must realize that at this time, Pazuzu was a do-gooder. But yet, he researched Necromancy, and indeed murdered beggars and criminals to further this research. An odd combination, to be sure, but it will soon become clear why this was so.

One night, after days of fruitless research and toiling, Pazuzu was pulled through dark powers into the lair of an extremely powerful arch-demon. This demon explained to Pazuzu the reason for the seeming dual nature. Pazuzu was essentially two beings in one - one purely good, and one purely evil. The demon then, through the use of powerful magick, physically split Pazuzu into two completely separate persons. One to be known simply as Pazuzu, the other still preferring to be known as Pazuzu LLTS.

Pazuzu became obsessed with destroying his twin - a problem complicated by the fact that there is no permanent death here in Sosaria. Through long and dark research, he discovered that there is a spell, known as Final Death, that can, if cast properly, permanently kill, with no chance of resurrection. I have not been able to learn the words of power nor the reagents, necessary for the casting of this spell. In a confrontation at The Syndicate's headquarters, Pazuzu destroyed his twin, using this spell.

It was soon after that Pazuzu became compelled to speak with a being known as Azalin - a lich no less - who was speaking of an artifact, known as the Ebon Skull, and of powers known as Entropy and Oblivion. Azalin was founding an Order dedicated to serving these powers, to be known as Order of the Ebon Skull. Pazuzu pledged allegiance to this Order, and was named Second in Command of the Necromancer Sect. The leader of the Sect soon vanished under suspicious circumstances, leaving Pazuzu as leader of the Sect. Many of Pazuzu's writings can still be seen in the Sect's teachings to this day.

It was in the Order that Pazuzu met the Death Knight Lucus, as well as many other long time cohorts: the Death Knight Azazel, Dissident, the Dark Justicar Gnosis Jade. There are many others.

Soon after the founding of the Order, Pazuzu learned of his nature as a vampire - and slew his sire Lord Tremere, leaving Pazuzu the most powerful Tremere bloodline vampire in Sosaria - that anyone knows of, at any rate. This realization of his Embrace caused Pazuzu to split from the Order and form the Conclave de Sangue - an act that he would regret for many years. He took with him many of the Order, including Gnosis Jade and Lucus. This greatly displeased Azalin, as one would expect, and Pazuzu's name synonymous with blasphemy from thence forward.

Years passed, and one day Pazuzu was pulled from this world into another. And then another, and then many more after that. He would return to Sosaria for brief periods, only to soon after get pulled to another. His nature as a world-traveler kept him from forming any attachments while in Sosaria, as his time here was too brief. But, gate-traveling takes its toll on a person, even when that person is a vampire, and Pazuzu finally researched a spell that would prevent him from world-traveling again. With a small tinge of regret, he cast this spell and will now remain in Sosaria until he meets final death, should that ever happen.

Now in the Fourth Age of the Skull, the Order still exists and is led by the lich lord Darrien Church, Pazuzu has rejoined the Order and there will remain, Oblivion willing.
Pazuzu
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

(OOC/author notes: Meh, not nearly as long or as well-written as I'd hoped it would turn out. But, I've been working on it in my head for weeks, and this is all I was able to come up with. :/ At least it explains where Pazuzu came from and such, and it's better than what I wrote back in '98 I think. I'm just in a creative block stage I think. But I wanted to get something up, since I am rejoining the game and community.)
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: