Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Where are all the elves??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Alexander the Elf
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:54 pm Post subject: Where are all the elves?? Reply with quote

Hello,

I don't know if many people remember me, but I played UO and RPed in the community a long while back(5+ years ago now?)

Nothus told me I should play again, and I don't know if I believe him or not, but I might if I can find out more about current elf things. I saw a bunch of drow in some guild forum below, but that's not quite the same.

And... I haven't really kept up with any UO lore, but I know they added elves as a race in some expansion I missed. I recall them having silly hairstyles, and that's about it. Is there much lore with that? Do people use it? When I played way back when, all of the elves I played with took more of a LotR/DnD approach to RP/lore, so I'm unsure if that's changed or not.

Anyways, I figured I would ask here, since it seemed like the sensible place to do so, and say hello to anyone who may remember me.
Grignag
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh. Dark Elves and drow are the wave of the present. There are a couple elfies still running around, but they are scattered amongst various guilds. The Hand of Humanis ate the rest of them way back when.

As for whether or not the game is worth coming back to... I'd ask Samon Tirest (Lrod Jeffubis) his opinion on the matter of returning, first. After all, his opinion is totally valid and relevant.

Can't we all just get along? No? Excellent.
Skatha
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Power to the Elves!!
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is elven roleplay going on now, I don't know about it, so don't be offended...

From what I've seen since elves were added, the majority of elven characters are played as pointy-eared humans with absolutely no elven culture besides 'btw im immortal lol'.

So, you can glass-half-empty and say that its dead and that sucks, or glass-half-full and say that its about time you bring it back and impress people with it.

Also, OMG HI ALEXANDERJOSHY<3
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

!!!!

I haven't heard from you in ages! Hey Alex, Norture/Dragoona here :D

They added elves, but nobody really RPs elven lore like Asur did. Elves now are sort of like humans with pointy ears. Actually, that's not true. I recently saw a night elf guild who were speaking Darnassian. But no Tolkeinian elves. I totally think you should come back and bring back elven lore.

Oh, and your ICQ was hacked dood. Not sure if word got to you about that :O
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaelthir wrote:
Elves now are sort of like humans with pointy ears.

OWNED BY LIKE 10 SECONDS, WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis wrote:

From what I've seen since elves were added, the majority of elven characters are played as pointy-eared humans with absolutely no elven culture besides 'btw im immortal lol'

You're wrong. They also RP that elves are perfectly beautiful in every way with giant perky yet motherly busoms but at the same time slender, slinky bodies that doesn't naturally occur with giant breasts. And they have the perfect smile and are innocent and virginal and pure of heart and soul.

But, well, not really any culture. BTW, I've only noticed elven females if you haven't noticed by my summary of every elf profile in to a single sentence. Totally the perfect time for Alex to come back, he could have a harem.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected :3
Sarian
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been a TOON of old players coming back. No time like the present to bring elven lore back. I guarentee some people will start roleplaying with you once they see a real elf back in the midst.
Brianha ‎(10:04 PM):
lol oh no worries with teasing.. it takes ALOT to get me really goin
Brianha12:54 AM
cool... i will hook up with you tomorrow night ... maybe you can help move my chests too
Skylocke
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to see some of that old-school Elven style back in action. It's been years since I remember seeing it in any real presence.

The way I look at Elves these days in the current state of things is much akin to the suspected disappearance of the Mountain Folk from the earlier Ultima games. That is to say their culture (and in terms of the Mountain Folk, their genetics) were simply assimilated into the dominant human culture through breeding.

Given the previous description of how most people see their Elvish characters, this is not too hard of a circumstance to imagine.
Kaelthir
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylocke wrote:
It would be nice to see some of that old-school Elven style back in action. It's been years since I remember seeing it in any real presence.

The way I look at Elves these days in the current state of things is much akin to the suspected disappearance of the Mountain Folk from the earlier Ultima games. That is to say their culture (and in terms of the Mountain Folk, their genetics) were simply assimilated into the dominant human culture through breeding.

Given the previous description of how most people see their Elvish characters, this is not too hard of a circumstance to imagine.

So Humanis was wrong then. By breeding with the elves, we have destroyed them. We have absorbed them.
Alexander the Elf
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaelthir wrote:

So Humanis was wrong then. By breeding with the elves, we have destroyed them. We have absorbed them.

Oh no! And yeah, I heard Humanis is gone now, which was sad.

Kuja also mentioned to me about the ICQ thing. I'm not sure how that happened, since I haven't used that in about 5 years, too, but anyone who had/has me on their contact list is free to block/remove my old number.

Speaking of ICQ, do people still use it mainly? I really don't like it, to be honest >.> I guess if it's the only thing people use, I could be tempted back into it, though.

The idea of night elf types of elves sort of interests and confuses me. I do like the WoW-ish Amazonian type elves, but I'm not sure if many people RP it like that as opposed to just the prettiness and I've no idea how that would really fit into UO, but that's ok. I will totally make an Illidan Stormrage and steal everyone's magicks.

I would like to come back and RP a bit, though. And do other stuff, as Nothus is telling me there's cool stuff to do. The idea of my own elf harem is pretty tempting.
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

You ICQ me about once a day Joshy. But you speak Russian and want me to go to weird sites. I don't like you for that.

Hi, it's Vaen. Come back.
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal Hurst wrote:
You ICQ me about once a day Joshy. But you speak Russian and want me to go to weird sites. I don't like you for that. Come back.

Я показываю вам полезного время работы

And high Josh, it's Admoreth.
Samon Triest
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

UO, in fact, gives you ball cancer if you are a dude, and a big, fat, flat behind if you are a female. Never come back to UO. It is not worth it. Trust me.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: