Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Post regarding scam: updated to bug report

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Adventurer's Guide Book
View previous topic :: View next topic
Bal-Anon Dak
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:35 am Post subject: Post regarding scam: updated to bug report Reply with quote

This post related to a problem the source of which I think is an exploitable bug. I have edited out the content and I will be reporting the matter to EA privately.

For the record, I do wish repeat my thanks for the kind and prompt help EA offered to my situation. I am very pleased with the game support I have received over the telephone from EA so far.

Would the person who copied my post to the uo.com site please take down, or update their copied post. I would also like to indicate that the vendor's owner is innocent of any wrong doing in this matter as far as I am concerned.

Last edited by Bal-Anon Dak on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:27 am; edited 14 times in total
Xana
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Just...wow. You're fortunate EA was as cool as they were. I can't say my experiences have been positive.
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very weird.. I don't understand how it could happen. I bought a trinket yesterday and it worked out ok for me...

Its scary when you cant trust an in game vendor to do safe transactions Sad
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The ICQ of the person who owns the vendor is 78881350.

He says that he has the 10 million gold on the vendor, and is even willing to offer you a refund. Derium is his name... good guy.
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I tracked here from uo.stratics, that is in fact my vendor, I made a call to EA today as well, but nothing was figured out, I did give them every detail I can think of so to file a bug report in hopes of people not being able to recreate that at will.

As said I will give a 100% refund to you, or I will find you a trinket. That's up to you. I tested all other items on my vendor and everything seems to be working just fine.

if there is ANY other issues please let me know, I'll drop the entire vendor and replace one.

again, sorry that happened and I myself am not sure how that came to be.

-Derium

as a side note because you had to spend so much time dealing with this, you have a perma 10% discount at the vendor. just ICQ me if you want another item off of it, and I will deliver it to you.
Bal-Anon Dak
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited out irrelevant post.

Last edited by Bal-Anon Dak on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Bal-Anon Dak
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Derium,
I would like to publicly absolve you of this problem. You do not need to give me a refund of any kind. I will be making a bug report to EA regarding this matter.

I would like to thank you for your generous offer, you seem to be a stand-up guy.
Derium
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I do thank you for those kind words, but honestly. It would make me feel A LOT better if you would allow me to refund you.
Dealthagar
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY stand up of you. Thanks so much for addressing this.

The Three Truths of Singularity

Do something to the best of your abilty or don't do it at all
Feel to the fullest of your ability, cutting yourself off from your emotions leads to spiritual death
Control your being, your existance, your destiny.

www.adriandrake.com
Bal-Anon Dak
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite simply, EA got it wrong. When I called them, they told me I had been the victim of a scam: ergo my original post. They were incorrect, but I can't go into the details for fear of violating the TOS.

Please accept my assurances that Derium is innocent of any wrong doing and that it would be totally not right for him to incur any cost whatsoever in this matter.

Derium, you have all my respect.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Adventurer's Guide Book All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: