Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Strange Cookie activity

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:36 pm Post subject: Strange Cookie activity Reply with quote

I have noticed within the last 3 or 4 days that when I read a thread, I am no longer being passed the proper information that indicates I have read it. Likewise, this does not happen in every forum. What happens is;

I see a thread with a new reply, I click on the thread, read the post, manually click to the forum or board index, the "new post" indicator is still active in the thread I just read.

I have observed this happening in every forum I have access to, and that has had a new post in the last 4 days, except the Support and Feedback forum.

I am browsing in Mozilla 3.5.8 on Windows XP, I am not aware of any stealth updates to Mozilla or otherwise to my computer that would have jostled my cookie settings, and I verified them in my internet options to be sure.

This really isn't an issue at all and tagging "Mark as Read" works as intended, but I just thought I'd bring it up to see if anyone else is experiencing this. If they are not, then I know to smack my browser around a bit.
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Either through stealthy Halister work, or spontaneous browser mutation, my issue has resolved
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

No stealthy work here, I haven't really had much online time lately. Glad it's resolved though!
Sarian
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I started laughing my ass off irl when I read that. Made me think of when people say "It won't just fix itself." What the hell do they know?
Brianha ‎(10:04 PM):
lol oh no worries with teasing.. it takes ALOT to get me really goin
Brianha12:54 AM
cool... i will hook up with you tomorrow night ... maybe you can help move my chests too
Yasamin
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up, it's doing it again. It's being sporadic with me, but it'll one minute work correctly then next minute it shows I've not read everything I just did.
(4:45:41 PM) Jarem: It becomes increasingly difficult to feel noble in my causes when my cause is to defend my charge from her own violent tendencies.
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been able to replicate this issue, I rebuilt the forum cookie settings though since this is definitely a cookie related issue. Hopefully this helps reduce the frequency of this problem.
Yasamin
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Hallister. It was so random when it happened, so I can understand not being able to replicate it.
(4:45:41 PM) Jarem: It becomes increasingly difficult to feel noble in my causes when my cause is to defend my charge from her own violent tendencies.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Support and Feedback All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: