Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Warning
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:03 pm Post subject: Warning Reply with quote

Cear Dallben ZOG wrote:
So we've all seen Silke Nightshade around RPing and what not.
Just saw her get ruined in luna by a guy i see in fel alot, a typical PK.
Turns out he and she are in the poo guild. As we should all know, crazypoo is the largest guild of people who do nothing but try to infiltrate guilds and rob anyone any way they can.
they have infiltrated the RP community before under Savannah the gargoyle and shinobi ect.
Be careful if you recruit her. shes been RPing with us, as did/does Savannah.
Also if are Silke. Holler?

This person is currently in the ARPC chat trying to get another character recruited into a RP guild.

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Edda
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it looked kinda sketch, they were asking so much in arpc chat for someone to meet them in new haven.
Malicite
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn shame people like this exist. Hope they get what they ultimately deserve.
Edda
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

.. a life as a toilet brush
Malicite
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

As my toilet brush...muah...
Edda
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

.. a life as a pin cushion
Malek Broadbane
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i have known shinobi since i came back hes is the gm of Poo. They will join any guild not just arpc to rob them its what poo does. With that said just watch who you recruit and what guilds get aloud in, there orders are to inflitrate any guild that has a 50+ guild membership if they do not complie with Shinobis demands of a million gold a month to be left alone, and if you dont pay it watch out because they are the largest theifing guild with alot of people that play other chars in alot of other guilds.
Davaran Skyfire
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think speculation on if the activities of these cells would be as productive as preparing defenses as a community. We're obviously being targeted, are we doing to address this issue as a community or individuals?
Malek Broadbane
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.... To start with everyone should have there rubbish insured at all times. They see that there less likely to bother for one....because if i was a theif and seen a bunch of people always together with uninsured stuff then i would target them. And the only other "defense" you can do is just be careful.... here i will say it again for the people in the cheap seats BE CAREFULL, dont give them a target
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

This reason is why OES has always maintained an application process and slave/thrall period. This isn't a new profession.. especially if you take into consideration pre-Aos and pre-Trammel days when insurance wasn't an option and you had no other choice than to PvP if you went outside.

In fact I can remember a time when the Hungry Halfling Tavern was robbed blind by someone who earned the trust of Zym Dragon and Rivendell.
Dryzzid#5091 | 74503058
Adrian Bishop
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

What I've always done if I was leading a larger RP guild (or any size really) would be to require new recruits to prove themselves before you let them into the guild. Even went so far as to have a recruitment guild that required members to wear and use only GM equipment for like a month before moving them into the primary guild, during which time they would be required to participate in a certain amount of actual RP, training, quests, etc. It may slow growth of a guild by denying them that immediate new member, but in the long run, a RP'er worth their salt will find the immersion worthwhile. And the additions to the guild are better quality in the end.

In guilds without the recruitment guild to annex new members, I would simply require someone 'new' to the community hang around, interact with us, etc, for a few weeks before allowing them to enter the actual guild. (This is often waived for people who already have a character in the guild, or someone who is known and trusted already by the GM. Subjective and biased? You bet. My guild, my rules. Smile )

Most green pk/thief guilds out there won't bother with that kind of entry requirement, and they'll move on to the next. But I've always found it helpful to weed out people who really don't give a flip about the actual RP in the first place, as well. You know the type - you recruit them and go through suiting them up and decking them out and they say "You know, RP isn't for me" or even just disappear in a week's time or less.

Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth.
Vidish
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... The fact that one of my alts who has RP'd with a good number of you is a Poo Emmisary is no secret.

Let me get a few things straight here. Infiltration is not something Poo Does. Its something that a few of our members do. Yes Shinobi a while ago did impose a "tax". Yes this tax did come with a consequence if you failed to pay. But that wasnt a guild wide thing. Generally speaking those assignments were left for volunteers. It wasnt something we all did. And I know for a fact that multiple guilds did pay it and many of those wont admit it. I also know for a fact that there are Poo members who have alts in more than a couple ARPC guilds...as well as Fel and PVM guilds. That doesnt mean that you're all in danger. Chances are that if your resident infiltrator hasnt stolen anything yet, he isnt actually infiltrating and is actually RPing with you all without an alternative motive. An infiltrating thief is going to get bored and move on. Most infiltrations happen with a target and a steal in mind.

Poo has many different kinds of thieves and not all are out to get you while you sit in your house crafting.

Being paranoid isnt going to get you anywhere. Just keep your stuff insured. And dont trust anyone the first few times you meet them. If you were to read in our guild chat you'd constantly see stories of how stupid our marks can be.
"he actually met me at trinsic gate so that I could make the deal on my red..."
Stay in tram where you're safe...and even if you do that use that amazing in game tool known as insurance. Keep high end items locked down, stay insured, and dont trust anyone who throws up an emote and you'll be fine.

And if i've said anything to bug any of my fellow thieves who'll read this board....bring it to Sarme and i'll tell you on him the same thing i'll tell you here. "Suck it up and earn your steals."

Oh. And about Silke Nightshade. She was in a guild who is still active in the ARPC and she didnt leave on bad terms. I cant say whether or not her motives were bad this time. But last time she was in the ARPC she left on her own accord and was not sent in by Shinobi.

Also if you're interested in how the mind of a persuasion thief or infiltrator works I've got some very entertaining journals in my library. Let me know and i'll show you exactly where they are.
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for coming forward with helpful tips on how not to be scammed by low-lives in general. Mafia type behavior in UO? Seriously?

Now I've heard everything.

It may be that this guild "Poo" isn't completely 100% scammer scum, but the ones among it who are give it that reputation. Obviously, this practice of taking advantage of the trusting doesn't mean that much if the GM of the guild doesn't curb it. The guy sounds like a real piece of work, condoning this behavior and even yucking it up after ripping someone off.
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Vidish wrote:
Okay... The fact that one of my alts who has RP'd with a good number of you is a Poo Emmisary is no secret.

was to me. but i dont really care about that.

Vidish wrote:

Let me get a few things straight here. Infiltration is not something Poo Does. Its something that a few of our members do

but its something they will do, ok...

Look I appreciate your a good ol fashion thief but that defense isnt what belongs here. Pretty much all the advice you gave is for actual theif activity in fel and is 100% void if you guild a thief.
I would urge any of you who felt anything from that post to keep in mind you should be cautious when guilding people, much less people from a guild who does infiltrate guilds to steal items. Sorry man, but reputation is a big part of ultima.
Stay frosty rpers.

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Malicite
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are these alts that you know?
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: