Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Atlantic Community Center Meltdown Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Beleth
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and to be clear, I don't expect or demand a roleplayer to be placed in charge of this. I would support anyone who has actively established themself on Atlantic to run the "community center". If it is a Mage Tower someone with the intention of re-establishing the old style AMT council should be placed in charge but again it does not have to be a roleplayer.

For a community center I would say Hawk would be a good choice to take the reigns as he already attends all the EM events with no other goal then helping others. He also hosts numerous public PvM hunts in Ilshenar which promote activity for all. I am outright offended that a person who can not even describe what they have done on Atlantic or for Atlantic was placed in charge of this.
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Beleth, Hawk is on the council and very excited to get this off the ground. I believe he will be at the town hall Smile
Beleth
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawk is a good player and has contributed a lot. Outside the RP community he would be my choice for leading the council.

This meeting should be very interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Beleth wrote:
Hawk is a good player and has contributed a lot. Outside the RP community he would be my choice for leading the council.

This meeting should be very interesting.

On the contrary, with everyone feeling so passionately and no real way to have a controlled forum in game, the meeting will most likely be unproductive and end in chaos.

Just like .. well.. uh.. my thread here that has grown to 9 pages in 12 hours Wink
Dryzzid#5091 | 74503058
Yasamin
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Truthfully I think everyone at this point is just waiting for the meeting to have a better understanding from Mesanna. A lot was clarified in this thread, but far more became confusing. So I doubt any more chaos than any event causes. Just a lot of opinions and questions.
(4:45:41 PM) Jarem: It becomes increasingly difficult to feel noble in my causes when my cause is to defend my charge from her own violent tendencies.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this has blown up. At this point, I would just drop any reference or connection between "Mage Tower" and this new community center, as it seems the interest in steering this project towards being proper homage to the Mage Tower just isn't there.

I do, however, have an image that perfectly summarizes my feelings on the situation.

Har.

Quote:
Why not join us Lrod Kajabis in making this project the in UO?

No Sad
Phoenix/Jandruz
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis wrote:
Wow, this has blown up. At this point, I would just drop any reference or connection between "Mage Tower" and this new community center, as it seems the interest in steering this project towards being proper homage to the Mage Tower just isn't there.

I do, however, have an image that perfectly summarizes my feelings on the situation.

Har.

Quote:
Why not join us Lrod Kajabis in making this project the in UO?

No Sad

You're absolutely right, the interest isn't there for that. We never wanted to upset or offend anyone. So I'm happy to move in another direction. But, really, as others have rightly pointed out, the town hall will determine what happens next. I hope to see everyone there Smile
Lady Aalia
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,

Wow what a wall of text... Smile
But i am glad your finally all talking.

For me all of this started with a vey strange pm on stratics...from a guy i had never heard of... so i dismissed it as scam.
For some reason i double checked with Petra though, just to see if she knew anything about the whole thing and she pointed me to a thread on the LS Forum. I read that, and went searching on Glow . Sure enough it took me only bout 5 minutes to find the Tower and then i decided to write the guy back.

I was very excited about the whole thing... See i started in 2001 and by then the big Fell days the towns the huge Seer events the blessings all of it was over...
Some towns where still there but they where empty. I allways loved listening to the stories of the "older" UO fols about the comunity they had the great events and for most of my UO time i tried to recreate a bit of that in my village.
Sadly it gets rarely used...

I knew it would cause some problems, so i tried my best to get ahold of the guysJandrooz was trying to contact, in hopes to get them talking before the project went much further.
And after Talking to you Halister, i made sure the 2 guys knew how upset you where and that we cant continnue with this without a meeting with Mesanna. I am sorry i told them about Zento, but i made damn sure they knew how you felt and how passionate you are about that, because i will not lose a close friend over that.

As for the Tower... i been talking to Derium... he is a nice guy. And aye he is working to get his tower restored... and its a darn nice thing of him to say hey maybe we can help the other guys out to get some of their heritage back somehow somewhere...

That Mesanna went for it and that basically over night, weee great... the way it was executed weee... ummm not so good...

But to me it ment also , look at the posibilities, for once in 6 or so years EA is acctually willing to listen, willing to help restore. We need to take advantage of that. The possibility to get the original MT restored may even be there.

I have been writing several emails pesstering Mesanna the EMs, trying to get Jandroos to hold on to be able to get a meeting sceduled, and finally it got sceduled.

The people here that know me, know i wont abandon a friend, UO for me is family... I dont know a whole many ... but the ones i do consider friends i would trust with my heart.

If i am offended anyone i am truely sorry.

But as allways I will do my best to help
Phoenix/Jandruz
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay everyone, it's the proverbial come to Jesus time. It's time to decide if you want something cool for our shard, or if you want it to go away along with the hopes of ever having another dev try to do something nice for us. I'm serious.

Yes, I'm a nobody. I'm not one of you, an outsider, but I do know this: If we as a community of game players, of Atlantians, don't go to the meeting and offer positive constructive feedback on how to make this the best damn community center, mage tower, whatever, then it will go poof along with the hopes and dreams of any more special places.

Mesanna has a million things to do, and they don't include wiping our asses when we all act like spoiled brats (I said we, that means me too).

So, as far as I'm concerned I don't care what we call the place, I don't care if I'm co-owned, or if I chair any player event council. I care that we develop something great for our shard.

Right now it is being called the Mage Tower by EMs and others, so you know what it's the Mage Tower. Derium and I tried to call it something else so that we wouldn't offend anyone, so that we wouldn't step on your toes or hurt anyone's feelings, or alter your history. But, obviously that didn't even come close to working. Yes, the Mage Tower is returning and it's in Tram. Sorry, it's not going back to Fel. The old tower is in the past, video game history if you will. The shard is evolving into something new, something better.

Now the challenge: How do you as a community want to make this place absolutely awesome? That is the sole issue left or it's all gone.
D'thal Morlith
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix/Jandruz wrote:
It's time to decide if you want something cool for our shard, or if you want it to go away along with the hopes of ever having another dev try to do something nice for us. I'm serious.

Who exactly are you speaking for?

Quote:
Yes, I'm a nobody. I'm not one of you, an outsider, but I do know this: If we as a community of game players, of Atlantians, don't go to the meeting and offer positive constructive feedback on how to make this the best damn community center, mage tower, whatever, then it will go poof along with the hopes and dreams of any more special places.

I doubt this. One poor execution on your part won't ruin the element of UO having an interactive group of devs willing to work with the player base. The Dev's have done a phenomenal job of being interactive with us over the past several months with very few blips. By saying this, you're insulting the intelligence of the Dev Team and anyone you're addressing.

It's sounding like you're presenting this as "an offer we can't refuse". Work with you or the game is ruined, yeah?

Quote:
Mesanna has a million things to do, and they don't include wiping our asses when we all act like spoiled brats (I said we, that means me too).

No argument there, but keep in mind we asked for nothing; You introduced this, not us. You didn't like our take on the matter, and now you've drawn the Desperation card.

Quote:
Right now it is being called the Mage Tower by EMs and others, so you know what it's the Mage Tower. Derium and I tried to call it something else so that we wouldn't offend anyone, so that we wouldn't step on your toes or hurt anyone's feelings, or alter your history. But, obviously that didn't even come close to working. Yes, the Mage Tower is returning and it's in Tram. Sorry, it's not going back to Fel. The old tower is in the past, video game history if you will. The shard is evolving into something new, something better.

First you get high and mighty, then you piss in our faces, and then you have the nerve to ask...

Quote:
Now the challenge: How do you as a community want to make this place absolutely awesome? That is the sole issue left or it's all gone.

...This?

Piss off.
Ariana Lenoir
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't have said it better myself, D'thal. Thank you.
Darrien Church
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah good, at least now we've transitioned into an honest tone from all sides.
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like it is their way or the highway.
Phoenix/Jandruz
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm sorry, you are missing the point. The ball is in your court. You have the power to decide if this stays or goes, to decide if it is great or a failure. That's the point of that post. The power is yours.
D'thal Morlith
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix/Jandruz wrote:
No, I'm sorry, you are missing the point. The ball is in your court. You have the power to decide if this stays or goes, to decide if it is great or a failure. That's the point of that post. The power is yours.

You've addressed nothing that I said, and now you're casting blame. Rest assured, the point of your post was very clear and noted.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: