Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The Past of Cloudster/Tarothin Armunn part 1

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:29 am Post subject: The Past of Cloudster/Tarothin Armunn part 1 Reply with quote

((Thought I should transfer this over to here for keeping sakes so it doesn't all become totally lost. And these are written posts over the last two years, by me and a few others. Unfortunately this is only about less than half of the story's I've written about Cloudster/Tarothin Armunn. I am afraid that much that was written is lost and so many gaps in his life.))

I was born in Buc’s Den, a city that many know of as a city filled with cutthroats, thieves, assassins, pirates other people of…such reputation. My Mom, was a…shall we say, loose to put things lightly, woman of sorts. I can’t really blame her though, for she did what she did to survive most of the time in that city being a somewhat attractive unmarried woman. That was until she threw herself in front of me saving me from a sword blow from a drunken murderous man one night. Me dad, in the sense that he was one of the men that slept with my mom and produced me, was a mean brute, he actually laughed at my mother for doing such a sentimental thing as that. He was a leader of a band of cutthroats and beat me on a daily bases. That was until I grew up. But that time is later yet. I was always a strong kid amongst the kids there. It seemed that our “play time” was that of fighting with each other all the time. They were real fights and many went home bleeding somewhere at the end of the night, but no weapon was ever used except sticks until one day when one kid thought to do so. One of my good friends choose to steal from a kid that no one particularly liked much being more of a bully than a riend. We thought it was just regular play until the kid took out a dagger and stabbed my friend dead. We all stood around shocked looking at our dead pal. Anger filled me quickly and I looked around for the closest weapon I can find. I spotted a hatchet lodged into a tree stump by a kindling pile. I hurried and grabbed it and charged the kid. This was my first day at the age of 13 that I had picked up an axe of some kind. The kid turned at me while I charged and braced himself. He stabbed at me while I swung down the hatchet. I missed his head at the same time I felt his dagger enter my side. My friends helped me to the healer, while carrying my friend’s body. Before we reached the healers door I blacked out. When I awoke, I was stitched up and feeling better with a fever
residing that I had gotten from the injury and loss of blood. It was then, lying in that bed that I realized, that I would become a warrior and a powerful one. That no longer will I see my companions or loved ones
struck down, no longer will I be beaten everyday by bigger people, meaning my dad and the occasional drunkard. I will not take it anymore. I will be a warrior that all will remember and respect, and in some cases fear. I will be the best of all time. I will train every day. I shall be legendary. Nothing, neither good nor evil shall get in my way of doing so.
Looking out the window while thinking on this, I made these my clouds. The clouds I shall strive for.

Well, after the healers, I stood up to my Dad more…and got beaten more. Well, things don’t change over night…or do they. But that’s much later on. I started training secretly with an old rusty sword I stole from a drunken pirate one night. I also started chopping more wood each day to build up strength and stamina. I worked odd jobs for money which I later paid people to teach me what they knew how to use the sword. Given, many of these people just took my money and then laughed at me. I spent a lot of my time doing this and spending less with my friends. They always laughed at me saying what are you doing, you’re going to be some sort of warrior or something? I said I was following my clouds, and they laughed harder. That was when they gave me the nickname that stuck with me until this day. Cloudster. A funny name, but one that I’ll make
everyone remember and respect and so it made me strive harder.

The night I left Buc’s Den in search for my clouds was the same day my father died. That night after my dad coming home from the local Tavern late, was the true beginning for me in me reaching my clouds. He decided
I was getting too big for him and that he didn’t want it known when the time came that he couldn’t beat his bastard son anymore. While he staggered over to me smiling with a bottle of ale in one hand and his other
hand drawing his cutlass, he said to me, “I guess I’ll finish up what I paid that man many years ago to do, but failed killing that slut mother of yours instead.” Anger beyond belief flooded me, I grabbed one of the
wooded chairs and smashed it over his head, dropping him to the ground. He looked up at me while running his hand over his head to then look upon it to see that indeed blood was drawn. “You’re definitely going
to die for that”, and reached for the cutlass that had fallen from his hand after being hit. Being faster than him, one from me training and one for him being drunk, I snatched up the blade before his hand reached it. “Actually…dad, I think mom wishes for you to have something.” And slashed him across the neck, killing him but not before me seeing him suffer for all those days he made me suffer. I had nothing but pure hatred
for him, a hatred I would not feel until later on in my journeys. And realizing that I had just killed a man that was a leader of a cutthroat band, I had to leave and quickly. I searched his room for anything
valuable and found a pouch of gold under a loose floor plank I had accidentally found when I stepped on it. Taking the cutlass as well as some of the few belongings I had, I left Buc’s Den that night.

I traveled to Yew and all along the way, everyone that I had met and asked my name, I told them to call me Cloudster, fearful of giving out my real name, lest the band was searching for me. I was about to step
through the Yew moon gate when a beautiful lady stepped through and told me to follow her if I was wanting to follow my clouds. I was shocked, and then a little fearful that she knew me. I asked her who she was and how she knew. She smiled at me, and said her name is Selune, and no more. She had almost an aura radiating from her, like she was not mortal. Well, that’s the closest I can describe it. Curious and a bit enraptured, I followed. She led me to a cabin deep in the yew woods. It was the guild house of the Brotherhood of the Hand. She left me there stating that this is where I should start my journey. It will teach you well, and get you closer to your clouds. I walked inside and met a man that later became my Guild master and friend, Baeleron Moertes. The Brotherhood taught me well in the skills of battle. I proved myself over and over in battle and was promoted to General within the ranks. I made many friends and battle companions whom I may trust and count on. All
of the Brotherhood were expert fighters and so was easy to hone my skills fighting beside them as well as training with them. I had trained in many things even in some magery, but I dropped that finally preferring
the sword and axe. Baeleron was a warlord and so the journey in search of my clouds started in the name of evil. But I did not care and so did it willingly, for in a small period of time I went from being a poor Den
scallywag to that of a General with a squad of fighters under my leadership. We were a fierce band of warriors that struck fear into our enemies. Throughout the years, I did stuff that did not sit well with me
at times. I tried not to think about what I was doing, but jut the task at hand. I always had a soft spot for women and tried to protect them as much as possible, and I think because the one person that did the
ultimate sacrifice for me and that I could not protect her, was my mom. I hate to see women harmed, but then again I will fight them in battle for I honor their challenge and will not lessen their skills by refusing to give them the honor back. I was glad inside that the two female captives, Marie and Cat had escaped, when we were attacked. But Baeleron always had a logical reason why the bad must be done. He wasn’t a ruthless killer that many thought he was. His actions were tactful in art of war for our glory. We had many battles with many guilds and won many times especially when there was even numbers. I was following my clouds
and I was getting closer but at a slow rate. That is when I did something to myself that…changed me, and leaped me closer to my clouds. And It all started on one little piece of paper in the Tower I took as my own.

Exploring the newly acquired tower of darkness, I came upon a secret room that held all sorts of items of magery, and judging by the appearance, it looked to be more of the darker arts. But me not being a mage myself, I was not fully sure. And the little I did gather from it was from when I did dabble in the mystical arts in my training a while ago. I was searching around the room for any items that I can possibly use when I came across an ancient scroll. Unraveling the scroll showed me a strange writing upon it that I could not decipher, even with my intelligence enhancing items. The writings looked to be of some sort of spell, yet not any of the words of magic I once knew, then again at that time I knew little. I wonder if this is magic from the necromancers that seem to be so available in the dark city of Umbra. It looks like I shall have to get one of them one way or the other, to decipher it for me if
it indeed is a necromantic scroll.

After travelling to the city of, Umbra, and seeing so many necromancers casting their spells in their pursuit of gaining in power, it made me smile. To think, there clouds may not be far off from those I seek. Since the new strange land has appeared, I have gained in power ten fold. I am close to reaching my clouds, but still need to go farther. Grabbing the
nearest necromancer, whom was not too thrilled since I broke his concentration while he was casting a spell, I told him to follow me and I will reward him with gold for a simple task of telling me what’s on a
scroll. He was about to protest until I showed him the size of the bag of gold I was offering. Deciding that he needed it for more spell components he agreed. Little did he know that I would have given him no choice in the first place, since I was not fond of them much. This was just the easier way of persuading. After showing him the scroll and yet not allowing him
to grab it he began to read. His eyes widened and he then started to try to grab it from my outstretched hands. Easily brushing him back, I asked him to tell me what was so “eye opening” that he saw. “It’s nothing just a spell I do not have tis all.” The mans face was too eager for ‘just’ a spell, so deciding to ask in a different light, in one quick fluid motion drew my axe and chopped off one of his hands that was beginning to reach for the scroll again. While the guy was screaming holding on to his stumpy arm, I asked him once again what did he read. Through his pain he whimpered, “It is a scroll that transforms the user into a horrible beast by infusing a monsters soul within the persons soul. But unlike the other such
scrolls that you can find around here, the beast of that particular on is that of Asmodeian, a balron’s soul. This will give the person great power at a price of eternal damnation. They would have daemon in sense inside them, but a balron’s soul...” Interjecting his speech at such news, “Can you cast it upon me?” “Well, even if you didn’t cut off may hand, no I couldn’t cast it. I don’t have the strength to do so. It is too powerful a spell for one such as I.” “Where may I find such a necromancer to do so?” I asked. “There is a necromancer that lives secluded by the dungeon called doom, so I’ve heard that is powerful enough that might be able to cast that. His name is Mordeous.”

Little did I know what it would do to me and the pain I’d suffer. But sadly on that fateful day when my clouds formed I had sworn that nothing shall get in my way on reaching them, and well, this was one such case. It took me several days travelling to find the so-called Mordeous. And once I did I immediately went up to him and asked him to cast this spell upon me not caring or fully thinking through the consequences. Thinking that if this indeed gives me more power, than my clouds will be easier to reach. I asked him to, and after reading the parchment he smiled. I held up my
axe telling him that if he tried to use it for himself I will smite him down before he finishes the second verse. He smiled once again saying, “Oh, but I have no idea of using this myself. I have other plans for myself. And this would…destroy them so to speak.” Not really thinking that there might be an underline meaning to his words, I nodded and told him to proceed then, and that I would reward him greatly for it. He shook his head and said, “No reward is necessary”. To be able to write down and see what befalls you with this is reward enough.” “Fine then” He then told me to follow him inside his tower and stand in the middle of the pentagram. “Do not judge me if this doesn’t do as you expect it to.” He told me. Thinking in my mind, it better, or the Lightbringers will have one less necromancer to destroy. He started chanting the spell, and a misty form arose from under my feet swirling slowly upward around my body. When it got to the level of my head it seemed to take the form of a daemons face. It seemed to smile at me before coming forward and entering my body. No longer can I hear the chanting necromancer, for the burning pain that I felt then. Long moments before I realized that the loud noise that was around me was my own voice screaming. My mind racing, what have I done, what is happening…then blackness. I woke up on the ground some where in the forest by Umbra. I would have thought it
all a dream except for the burning fires I can still feel within me. Shakily picking myself off the ground, I cast a quick recall to my tower, or so I thought. It didn’t work. I tried again yet without success. That’s when I felt the presence inside me. After remembering the first necromancer that told me it’s an infusion of the souls, I gasped, why have I done this. Something seemed to force my body to start changing to that of a
transparent form. And then a prickling sensation, suggesting I try to recall again, made it to where when I opened my eyes the spell had worked for I was standing outside the tower of darkness. I was also
solid again. This is too strange. I don’t seem to have total control of my body anymore and what was that ghost form, and why did my recall spell work only in that form. All questions that hopefully will be answered at a later time.

Later that night I had gone over to the Guild house to spar with fellow brothers in our nightly sparring time. I was standing around talking to Dax and Brian getting ready to dual when all of the sudden, this burning pain intensified in my body. Only then did I notice I was changing form again. But this time not that of a ghost, but of a beast, of a…daemon. I had grown taller and another set of arms and claws, sharp powerful arms and claws. Was this the power of the daemon that was now entwined with my soul? Brian and Dax both looked at each other and asked what trick was this. It felt wonderful; I could feel the power, yet I also felt the extreme anger and extreme hatred that I had only once in my life previously experienced. The aggression that I felt towards everything making me want to attack my friends without warning. Both being
brothers of the hand, meaning pretty much fearless and elite warriors, they attacked back. Each powerful claw of mine swiped them producing gashes in their armor or skin. And each time a bolt from Dax’s crossbow hit me, one of my arms ripped it out and to my amazement the wound started to heal on its own, quickly enough so that it had almost fully healed by the time his next bolt hit. With another arm putting the bandage away seeing no use for it. Brain’s axe hit me as well, to
little effect and the wound was healing rapidly as well. I always felt a surge of power from my body, never feeling tired. But by then the aggression I felt and the needing of death and destruction was too much,
I needed them dead. My friends and companions dead??? I couldn’t control myself. I tried to them so but to no avail and then after trying to fight for control but I could not get through the wall of hatred and soon I had blacked out. What I later found out was that shortly after, Baeleron and Curly showed up. Both being grandmaster mages, it took then many minutes to defeat me and bring me down out of that ‘daemon’ body
into that of my form again. Baeleron smiled at me when I awakened. “I see that you have become stronger friend. Something to surprise the enemy with?” Brian sarcastically joked, “You have the power of a
demi-god” and laughed. I thought in my mind while traveling back to my tower…a daemon maybe. Power I have gained seemingly over night, but at the cost of pain and the unstableness of the control over my own body. Is this a curse or a blessing? What if I can’t be stopped the next time and I kill someone that’s close to me? I must either learn to control my body
again; or seek the necromancer out and kill him for cursing me so; or seek help in helping me control or get rid of this curse; or live with the curse as a painful reminder of ones actions. For another time in my life, I was afraid. This time it wasn’t my dad beating me but a daemon instead. I wish to control it though, I thought to myself. If I can my clouds would
be closer by far.

Time went on, and I did change many times. I have fought and killed many in the form and not falling myself once. I became feared and hated. But I still was not in control most of the time. I have gained a
little bit of control back through intense concentration, but not far. The barrier of hate is too extreme.

Then my life took another change. After the Storm haven Tournament I was shocked beyond belief. I had just gotten to my tower of darkness and plopped down on the throne, when I noticed that a messenger pigeon
was there waiting on a window sill. Curious about the message, I walk to and gently took the little scrolled piece of paper tied to one of its feet. After unscrolling and reading the message, I found a part of my life empty in a strange way. The message was from one of my friends telling me that Baeleron Moertes, my guild master and friend of the Brotherhood of the Hand, has stepped down and the brotherhood disbanded. He decided that after all these years, that he has had enough and that he was growing to old. A great sadness welled up inside of me after the shock diminished and the news settled in. Not sure if this be true, I ran
to the guild house only to see to my dismay that it was no more. A note was on the signpost saying, "It's all gone". What will happen now I ask? Is this the end of the brotherhood? What of all the strong fighters
and companions of the brotherhood? What will Brian and the others do? What’s to happen, where shall I go? I had planned on being alone until I can control the curse I had willingly put upon me. But now things have
changed. My world has changed. Confused, sad and alone, I slowly walked away, from something that has been an important piece of my life, that was now just a dirt plot from what stood the guild house of one of
the strongest war bands around, the Brotherhood of the hand. GLORY TO THE BROTHERHOOD! Will that ever be heard again? Many questions arose, but none can be answered at that moment. And so a sad, defeated
general of a disbanded band, walked off into the sunset, with only sadness penetrating his heart.

I wondered the land aimlessly and came upon a man that knew of me, but me having no recollection of him. His name is Kane. He knew about the brotherhood and was in fact enemies of it when it was around, yet he had no hostile feelings towards me. We talked many hours and he told me about the guild he was in and that they could use a warrior such as myself. I left him then in thought. After much thought I found my way to a guild that would accept me, curse or no curse, a guild that is very much like what the Brotherhood of the Hand was. Except this time, I’ll be fighting on the side of light. The Guild is the Free Swords and my new guild master, or should I say guild mistress, is Akasha Kai Brook. A close knit band of warriors that follow honor and use their sword for that of justice. I had decided to see how much closer I could get to my clouds
following the forces of light. I shall use my skills and strength to do battle with evil now. Great power does not come in one form, but with the use of both forces may you achieve what one by itself can not. I did not walk alone though into this guild. One of my faithful warriors and friends, Dante who had sworn an oath to me followed me on his own will to the Free Swords. I shall miss all the brothers of the hand, it was an honor, regardless of what deeds we did, to fight along side of them. And now I have the honor to be accepted and to be able to fight alongside the
warriors of the Free Swords. It an opposite side, a new beginning, and another chapter in my journeys.

The new journey with the free swords was cut short when my old friend Baeleron came back with the Brotherhood of the Hand.

*Sitting in a chair that he would call his throne, if he was a lord or a king at his keep, deep in thought. Cloudster thought of many things that were happening in the world or what has already come to pass. Slaves,
war, uprisings, and the list goes on. But one subject stuck in his mind*

Where has my campassion gone? The other day a land owner came to the Coliseum, to sell two people that worked on his land into the gladiator pits. One was a farmer that could not pay his debts, and the other was
the farmers eight year old boy that was too young to work the farm. Instead of being angered, instead of feeling compassion for the boy, all I did was coldly reply, "You'll have to sell the boy elsewhere, he is
too young to fight in the pits and would not provide much entertainment for the crowd. As for his father here is the 1000 gold coins which doubles the debt he owed you." And so bought the father. I saw as I ordered the man to his new living quarters the boy, crying, get torn away from his father probably never to see each other again. The father yelling please sir take pity on me boy and let him go. I only felt a tinge of pity only then to quickly disappear. Anger then flashed within me to berate me forever feeling that twinge. Yelling at me, Have I received any compassion or pity in my life? Nay, where was anyone to help me? My mother? Aye, she was the only one that gave me compassion. But she died many years ago when she threw her miserable life away, to save my life. She left me to my misery, with my dad who beat me regularly. Where was anyone for me when I needed it?

And now, now after the curse I had cast upon me, I catch myself feeling less and less, like the daemon with its anger and hatred is burning away what I have left within me. Will I never know what it is to feel, to truely and deeply feel for someone? Am I cursed in more than one way, or is compassion for the weak? Will, I never love, only to live my life as I see fit with no remorse on my actions? I once did everything I can to protect lady's from harm, where has that gone? Now I hardly seem to care, like something within me died. *A single tear slides down his left cheek to
drop in his open palm. Anger floods again at this foolishness that made him shed a tear.* Why should I have compassion? Why should I care when I have recieved none. *The hand closes around the tear in a
crushing grip*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
****(((Continuation stories on Tarothins past)))****

The night went very well. In the serpents Hold battle, we were strongly
outnumbered yet we almost won. If we did not split up at one point into two groups we would have most likely won. It was a glorious battle, one that tested my skills to the max. I slew and helped others slay many. I fought strongly with the aid of my fellow brothers and the aid of our allies to last till the very end of the battle. Yes they had won, but so did we. Aye we do not hold the island, but we showed them that even a small force as ours can hold its own against a much larger force. The time will come when the evil has strengthened in number and we shall sweep across the weak nations with nothing to stop us.

Speaking of something that stopped me in my plans on strengthing the tide of darkness. There was a certain dragon that I must...meet. The one good thing of the necklace was I at least know through Molly's mind whom it was that foiled my plans. Where though is a different story. That I must find out, but I do have an inkling of its whereabouts. But first I must prepare for the journey that I may prove to be my last. Yes I can regenerate back to health after being felled, but the mighty fire breath from this foe might turn me to ashes if I am not careful. I have fought his kind before, and find how easy it is with the weapon I have gained.

After grabbing bandaids, petels, potions and the deadly dragon slaying war axe, I left in search of this beast. He will pay, like all that cross my path. After many hours asking through many connections I believed I had the whereabouts to this beast's liar. Aye there are three such beasts that I know of the location and only the one in Destard's lowest parts, that has a simular room as the one I saw in Molly's minds eye. I know, I have visited all three locations before. And the ones that stay in destard was the only one I didnt bother on attacking or killing since I was too busy trying to kill the pesky shadow wyrms above. Yes, they are a pain, only because they stay together, hardly leaving each others side, as well as the other minions that frequent the area.

I went into destard, seeing normal dragons roaming about and not wanting to bother dealing with then I ran past towards the entrance that led to the lower depths. I stopped at the entrance after killing some bothersome wyverns and drakes that I slay in two to three hits, and then transformed into beast form allowing the daemon to come forth from inside me. I felt the power surge through me and felt exilerated at the battle yet to come as well as the hatred for the beast.

I quickly dashed down the ramp into the area where the shadow wyrms usually lay, but fortunately I did not have to deal with them for they were not there. Only a wyvern that I made quick work with. A daemon was roaming down towards me but not wishing to spend more time there to allow the commotion to bring forth other creatures possibly the shadow wyrms themselves, I decided to just run down the corridor that lead deeper to the chamber where the ancient wyrm lay.

The beast was truely magnificant, with its multy colored scales and massive body. I believe that without the daemon within me, I would have felt a twinge of fear. But that was destroyed by the rising anger and hatred. The room looked the same as well as the wyrm. And if it wasnt, well either way there will be one less Ancient or one less me.

The Ancient was sleeping but awoke to find me there calmly walking towards it. In a booming voice with eyes narrowed it spoke, "Your a strange one. Tell me quickly why you have disturbed me and I shall think about letting you leave alive." I replied, "You or another of your kind helped a female elf in removing what was not supposed to be removed." The ancient gathers its mass to stand up on its legs. "So, the necklace was yours then?" Now knowing that this was indeed the beast that did remove it I said, "Before I do what I must, I must ask how you took it off, when the ancient writings that I had found with the necklaces in the cursed dungeons of Khaldun said their was no way besides the reactivation word to remove them." The beast started laughing at me, a deep echoing laughter that filled the chamber. "Mortal magic, there was a flaw, I shrank the woman to where the necklace was easily slipped off. And what did you mean by the way, before you do what you must? Before you do what beast? Before you leave?"

Drawing the dragon slay weapon in one fluid movent as I charged the beast yelling, "NO, TO SLAY YOU!" It laughed again at the shear ridiculousness of the notion that this small beast in front of it actually has the stupidity to do so, especially alone. The laughter did change quickly into a scream of pain as the weapon sliced through its scales easily causing it to contantly bleed. It reared back to strike but I had quickly moved out of its range, but then it quickly turned the bite to breathing a gout of fire on me. I healed with a pot and took whatever small damage its magic attacks did to me. And my regeneration healing me quicker than normal. I chewed on a orange petal as soon as it tried to poison
me allowing the miracle leaf to cure the poison. I went back and forth slowly bleeding it and narrowly dogding some times its mighty claws and teeth. My war axe of dragon slay ripped through its body, but so did it's claws and bite on me when they did connect. I almost fell at one point when it bit me with its jaws and then breath fire on me shortly after. I quickly took a healing potion and my regeneration healed me enough for its magic not to finish me. The battle was a long one, but by the end of it my axe was embedded into its skull and its eyes glazed over in death. I took what loot the thing had as well as taking my axe from its skull. I then proceeded to sliced off its head to insure its death. The head was the size of me in beast form even how big it was. I shall bring it with me for a trophy. My body then turned translucent and I teleported to my keep while holding on to the head, bringing it with me.

After storing the head down in the lower depths of my keep. I put on more
bandages to what wounds I had not healed and sat on my chair resting and smiling at the beasts death. Revenge yes, and the beast destroyed, but so was my plans with Molly and her guild. Two glorious battles. One that ended in defeat, one in victory. One of the more exilerating nights I have had in a while. And in both, I was pleased with my skill.

Standing on the keep's ramparts staring into the clouds, I thought of many
things. Past wars, my enemies, the people I have killed, the people I have
befriended. I thought of my clouds. So close yet still unreachable. I have done so much in such a short time. Quickly moving up in the ranks within the brotherhood to become a general. I have led attacks on many victories. I have nearly perfected my skill in battle. Yet all of it now seems…meaningless. The Brotherhood and the friends I have made are the only things that is keeping me going. My soul is now almost destroyed by the Daemon’s that I had infused into my body. The daemon comes out more and more. Yes it seems like I have more control on it but…I feel myself slipping. Shrugs. I really care not what happens to me. It was on my actions and will that I did what I did in my life. I did all so with the knowledge of what I was getting myself into. Would I go back and do
things differently? Aye, I would have taken the blade to the ribs instead of
allowing my mother to jump in front of me and so saving me from my cursed existence. At least a life would have been spared that day. Instead my clouds consumed me. I have no life, the sword is my life. Without my sword, I am dead. I shall not exist.

I step on the transporter to the next floor and walk over to the secret door
that leads to my private chambers. Already knowing what I look for my eyes instantly look upon a magically imbued chest by the bed. After saying the only thing that would open its seal I heard a click as it became unlocked. I sat there staring at it a while pondering many things but in the end I knew that I just had made up my mind. I opened the chest and drew out my sword. I slowly and carefully wrapped it in velvet and gently put it into the chest.

I whispered, I am sorry my brothers, my friends.

While closing the box and before total darkness hit the sword, the words issued from my mouth…I am now dead.

Upon waking up I could feel myself laying on a hard wooden floor. After lifting my head up I quickly put one of my hands to my eyes trying to shake the painful reminder of all the alcohol that I drank the night before. I wonder where I am this morning. I am already surprised that I wasn't at my keep like I usually am when I wake. After sitting up fully, I removed the hand from my eyes and opened them. What I then saw before me, shocked me. I was still at the tavern in Papua. And all around the room were dead bodies. Twelve bodies in all: eight men, three
women and a...child. All with huge claw marks or torn limbs. All too familiar claw marks. Some of the body parts were to my disgust, chewed on and blood was splatterd everywhere. Already there were many flies buzzing around and the all familiar stench of death. I thought I heard a wicked laughter in my mind, but must have imagined it. The door of the tavern was barracaded by upturned tables. I would have thought it was to keep the beast out until I saw that there were claw grooves in the tables. That was when I realised it was to keep people...inside.

My mind instantly raced to find the answers to explain this. Why? How? How did the daemon come forth? I thought...staying drunk was keeping it from comming forth. Not once has it come forth since...has it? That was when I thought back on the days spent drinking my...existance away. Ever since I put up my sword I have frequented taverns, getting drunk until I passed...out. Until I passed out... I thought it was because of the alcohol because each morning when I woke up, I was at my keep in my bed. In my bed...with no cloths on... I now know the truth of it. The daemon within was subconsciously telling me that the bottle would keep it away, when infact all it did was break me down allowing it more freedom and control.

I looked upon the gruesome sceen once more and shrugged. That was when I actually chuckled. I cannot escape who I am, what I have become. I was more of a fool to think that and that I can just fade away from existance than I was to put away my sword, my life. I was a fool to abandon the one thing that has kept me alive all these years, making me who I am. I was a fool to abandon my clouds and the discipline that my training has given me.

I felt a little regret for the dead people in the tavern, mainly for the women and child. They were no warriors.

After looking around one more time, my body became transparent allowing me to recall back to my keep. When I got there and my body resumed it's solid form. I went to ask my sevants some questions for further proof of my assumptions. What I found out produced more evidence that the daemon was comming forth everytime I passed out. They said that each night I would come with my cloths bloody, and
them being used to this thought it only normal. And so they stripped me of my cloths and laid me in my bed.

I went up to my private room and went infront of the chest that held my life's blood. I smiled as I spoke the word that unlocked its magical seal. I opened the chest and lifted the velvet wrapped item and smiled once again as I started to feel alive again. I unwrapped the sword, seeing the slight flickers of lightning shoot down its shaft before sliding it into it's sheath.

I am back my brothers, I am alive again. The daemon has tricked me, trying to gain control fully but it will do so no more. It is my body, my...life, and I am in control of my destiny. It is time to...make my presence known again. I am back...

Bleen was drunk. Enjoying the sights of Magincia when he seemed to have
stumbled. It was not alcohol but a kryss entering his body. He tried to defend himself but the drink prevented his spells from working. He got off one bolt of lightning but as he struck he died.

Fortunately a healer came by and restored his spirit to flesh.

"Who attacked me, I have no enemies?" "Yes, yes, I have no enemies, but I died by violence. Yes, yes. Something is wrong. I must protest this to the Hand."

Bleen found his way to Sanctus. There he watched as many poor souls reveled in fighting to the death. But one man caught his eye.

"Cloudster, it is good to see you. We may be opposed but I must admit I admire your honor."

Fortunately Cloudster is also a generous man and took into Hanse for a drink. Quickly Bleen found his way back to that state he finds so enlightening.But in that state he could see Cloudster was not alone in his body. He offered help to Cloudster but the warrior refused. He said he chose this path. Bleen could only offer his brand of hope and gave him his blessings. Bleen saw Arlin but the man would not speak to him. Bleen thought maybe someone had paid for his death. But the answer was not forthcomming. Still he searched. He found a leader of the Hand of Humanis and told him of his plight. Mark was his name and politely listened and told him that the Hand had no designs for his demise. Bleen thanked him for his courtesy.

But best of all, Bleen found Rufus and his heart was lightened. Bleen tried to share all that he had learned and the thoughts that were flying through his head. But he could see Rufus was overwhelmed by Bleen's inebriation and the scattered ideas that were flying from his mouth. Still he listened and honored Bleen. To him and to his compainions Bleen spread his blessings and then he had to leave. His old bones needed to rest.

An eventful day and night. Death, life and hope all brought together tonight.

As I sat there in my chair listening to the accounts of things from my servants, I thought I heard a laughter in the back of my mind. A now all to familiar laughter. Trying to block this out and pay attention to what my smith was telling me about new weapons and armor, I turn back to listening.

"Master...Mast...ah good, as I was stating, my efforts on crafting new armor for you is going poor. And my inguts are running low sir. You need to give me more time I beg of you to mine the necess..." *his voice once again faded away as the one within my mind spoke* "How long will you fight me? You are a tough mortal, one of the toughest I've come across, but you will not win. I will finish engulfing your soul into mine and take full control of you. You actually thought that you would be strong enough to engulf my soul into yours??" And then once again the laughter. With the rising anger of the daemon within I pushed it to the back of my mind to went back to paying attention to the servant's needs. "Yes, yes. Do what you must. Go and mine your ore and then proceed. I expect better and more results than before. Leave me."

With the dismissing of my crafter, the two servant girls to each of my sides, feeling my discomfort tried to make me feel better while my serving staff stepped forward to report. *Still angry, the laughter continues to remain in the back of the mind. "Yes, you cannot win, your anger breaks you."* "NOTHING BREAKS ME!!!" That was when I realized that I yelled that out loud and all the people in the room were silent and afraid. I hold up one of my hands while the other cluching the armrest. "That was not towards you, I'm fine. Please...continue..."

The servant now stammering out of fear of angering his master once again began to speak, "As I was saying m-master could...we...we..need...more mo...money
to...restock the...f-food...supply, s-sir. *"These pitful mortals before you,
squirming now under your gaze. Asking, always asking. Are you not their master?" Once again with the laughter.* The anger rose inside of me, "SHUT UP!!" Little did I see the servants moving slowly away from me. Little did I hear the collective gasps and clanging of a metal tray and it's contents on the ground. Little did I see and feel the fear around me. "I SAID SHUT UP!!" *as the laughter continued* "I AM THE MASTER, I AM STRONGER THAN YOU!" Little did I realize the objects in the room growing smaller or the hand that was gripping the arm-rest of the chair now a claw causing the wood beneith to splinter under the now crushing grip* "I HAVE SLAIN MANY GREAT FOES, AND I SHALL SLAY YOU!!"
*"Then do so." said the voice as the laughter stopped inside my head.*

Through hazy eyes I looked down to see servants running for the doors and one of the girl's on the side of me with her head in my claw struggling before the resounding crack of her skull and then the ceasing of movement. My eyes hazed over completely blocking my vision. I heard a grutteral roar and growl escape from somewhere distant but realized it was from my mouth. When the haze cleared up a bit I saw one of my servants gripped by the neck in one of my claws as another ripped into his belly. I tried to scream no, but all I got was another deffening roar. I heard a scream and a slight pain to my right side. As I looked
over and saw another servant with a sword as she slashed down at me crying, "PLEASE STOP MASTER, PLEA...", which was silenced when a claw swooped down in a powerful strike to slash her across the face and neck. Her body fell, the scream now lost in a gurgling of blood. I felt remorse and pain...and anger. It seemed to last for hours, yet I knew it had to be minutes. Finally I came to my senses and realized I was once again in human form. Kneeling down on the hard stone floor soaped with the blood of my shame. I looked around in fear what I would see. I saw most of my servants slaughtered around me. There was a person, if you can call him that still leaning against the far wall looking at me. "Tsk,
tsk, tsk. Now isn't this an interesting sight. Something that I must log down in one of my books." Disgusted I replied, "What do you want Szazz?" He smiled, "Nothing, I came back from sanctus to jot down the new experiences I have experienced there. I saw an beautiful elf that actually thought that I was still human and cared about fleshy pleasures to be making advances on her. And I also saw a sea nymph there which I have only ever read about. Very fascinating creature she was. Both beautiful and would be nice sujects for some of my experimentation on finding out more knowledge of things."

"You make me sick some times Szazz. I wish to be alone at the moment. I allowed the daemon to win somemore and in it I paid by killi..no, slaughtering non-warriors. No leave me be, or you will find another place for your...laboritory." He nodded still with that smile on his face, "As you wish." Then departed from the room.

I sat there not wanting to move for acouple hours before the cramping in my legs forced me to move. Looks around at the mess again. "I am not sure anymore that I can win, it may be right." *barely audible the laughter once again was there in the back of my mind, before I blocked it out with other thoughts.*

"Sir, more reports of our people dead in our lands, same as before sir. Ripped to pieces by a beast" said the scout.

With a frown Baele looks towards the window and across the houses of The Hands land.

"Its gone on long enough. Its time to stop this no matter what. Scout summon all the men to the guildhouse except General Cloudtser."

With a nod the scout is gone. After a few hours most of the forces of the Hand have gathered outside the guildhouse. None of the men know exactly whats happening nor do some of them care. They show because The General asked them to.

Baele steps out into the crowd and clears his throat a bit.

"My family. Today is a somber day for us. Today we have to do something that none of us will care to do nor will we feel good about it when we are done. Of course you all know that there is some beast killing our slaves and even some members of The Hand. This beast attacks without mercy and violates us in our own realm. I know who the beast is." Baele lowers his head and takes a deep breath. "The beast is Cloudster. He is posessed by an inner daemon the likes of which we
cannot find a cure for as of yet. I had hoped we wouldnt have to go this route but with the murders becoming more and more rampant I think we have no choice."

Many of the men nod their heads, resigned in the fact that Baele has said it must be done and they will give their life to do it. Still others are in shock that the man they call brother would do such things to his own.

"I have this device here that if we can place it on Cloudsters head while he is in human form it will blind him and subdue him. It will curb his will to fight. Our mission is to place this on his head so I can lock him away until we can find a cure for his daemons. Who will go with me?"

With a resounding echo that went through the entire valley all the men and woman in attendance said in unison, "I will."

"Good, form into 2 squads and lets go to his home. He is there now."

Cloudtser saw them all march up to his home. Dozens of brothers and sisters dressed in the blood red of Tha Hand. Cloudtser walked out to the front steps and looked in Baeles eyes and asked him one question. "Baele, are you all here to kill me or help me?" "Cloudster my old friend, I love you like a brother. I wouldnt bring these men here to kill you. I want to help you but your daemon is killing our own. If it were killing lightbringers I would not care but it doesnt discriminate and I
think you no longer have any control."

Cloudtser lowers his head and almost whispers, "I, I, cannot control it any
longer. It consumes me now. Its turned me into something else entirely. I can feel it now trying to come out."

For a moment concern flashed in Baeles eyes, he knew he wouldnt be able take his friend alive if the daemon came to the surface. He acted quickly with great speed for a man of his age and hit Cloudtser square on the top of his head with his black staff. In Cloudtsers confusion from the blow to his unarmored head he didnt even see Baele place the black helm over him.

"Im sorry friend. I had no choice. It was either that or kill you and I had not the heart to do that. I swear to you that I will find a way seperate you from this daemon. If I have to sacrifice every lightbringer in the world to do so."

With that the brothers and sisters left. Many went to go toast the loss of a
good man. Others went to begin the quest to find his cure. Baele has Cloudtsers slaves remove his armor and weapons and place him in a single robe for their journey. His journey to his new home. His sanctuary.

My cutest of all friends,

Hoping that you read this, I truely do, for that would mean that you are home & safe. I have gotten quite worried for your safety lately. I have not seen or heard from you for a few days. I did not overly worry until after speaking with your crystal ball last eve with Metios when I inquired to it where I might find you. ( I wanted to inform you of Poet's imprisonment & rescue). The crystal ball spoke & from it I gathered that you are/were most certainly in danger, in a dark place & hurting. It also told me for certainty that I would not find you last eve, & I did not. But, you know that already because had I found you I would not be writing this & you would not be reading it. But you might not be reading it
anyway if your not here or if your dead. *pauses a moment to remember what the letter was about*

OH! And the crystal ball could not be specific or would just be argumentative about whether you would be dead if we could not find you, how badly you are/were injured, who was involved, something about knots, and also that you may have a plague.

Metios & Weavebringer argued about souls or something & though I may not know much about them, I DO know that I worry for you greatly & will not rest until I find out where you are/were, or until you are safely back at home.

Missing your big bear hugs.
Your "Always" Friend,
Dit

The darkness left and seemingly for the first time ever my eyes saw what was before me. I saw an old white haired man before me smiling. "Welcome back friend" he said. "Friend? Your face seems familiar but do I know you?"

The smile washed away from the mans face into a look of anger appeared on his face. "Stop playing games Cloudster, of course you know who I am. I am Baeleron, your friend and leader." "Cloudster? Is that my name? It sounds familiar as does yours but I cannot recall anything for that matter. It is a strange name if indeed that be mine." With a now thoughtful and concerned look on his face baeleron replied, "Well it is the name people know you by. And it seems that
that device did more than turn your hair white. It may have made you forget your memories as well. Anyway, come we have a brother's wedding to go to." I panicked a bit and quickly was trying to get information out of this person that claims to know me. "But who am I, where am I, what happened to me to where I cant remember, and who are the brothers? Are they my brothers our brothers and how large is the family? I...I can't remember..." BAeleron shook his head and replied, "I will tell and explain things to you later. This also may be a temporary effect and you might regain it over time."

With that, the man who called himself Baeleron, cast wonderful magic to open a shimering red gate and said "Step in it please, there is a wedding to go to." He walked in and through my hesitation the gate disappeared. I was stuck there trying to recognize my surroundings, trying to remember anything. I walked out of the doors of the large house. After seeing a sign on the house I read it. 'The Brotherhood of the Hand Guildhouse'. Where is this? Guildhouse? For who? I sat down on the stairs and put my head in my hands. While looking down my eyes focused on my red robe I was wearing. On it is an insignia of B-H. The same insignia on the sign. Am I a brother then, and is that what that man said about going to a brother's wedding? As I was thinking more on this. Another red gate appeared, this time in the front of the house. My curiosity and the hope that it might spring memories, had me step through it. I saw baeleron there and other
faces that seemed to be familiar but none that I can remember. I was at the place of the wedding and many people greeted me like they knew me. Welcome back so good to see you. "Was I gone? Where was I, who is everyone?" Baeleron turned to me and said, "I told you I will tell you later."

As the wedding was starting all I can think of was, who am I?

*sits unknowingly in the chair he usually sat in while thinking about things.*

This is really getting to me not being able to remember things. Who am I really? I have been told so many things and only a few sound familiar yet no memories things still. I'm glad it seems that I have many friends to be able to help me along in this.

I was staying a night ago at the inn called Hanse's Hostel I believe, after I
stepped through someone's gate and appeared there. Seems to have many people stop through there. I don't remember the place, yet I was told that I was there a lot. I was told many a things.

I was told that I was a great warrior, yet...when I picked up a sword it just
seemed awkward swinging it. And when I put on some pieces of armor it just felt cold and hard. I do have the build though with many muscles like I did stay in shape...yet, I don't think I can fight even if what they said was true. My friends tell me that I was liked by them but not so liked by many. I asked if I was someone that was easy to chat with, and they replied, 'yes, with a sword'. I was also a good general so they say.

The other day I was met by an orc named Ace. He greeted me saying that I was his long lost brother Kard. It appears that Cloudster is just a nickname and that our mother was human and we are half-brothers, and my real name is kard. It would be fine if we were but none of that ring's a bell. I wish I could remember. I am not baised and if an orc is my brother, I would be proud to call him so.

Starfire and Ditto whom I have met before, I think were a little drunk at the time, came up to me saying that they were my wives and that I had a son. Yet...I think he looked to be around my age. Then again...what is my age? But then this morning I found by my bed a note from ditto saying that they lied about them being wives and me having a son, and something about a man named metios...being my rabbit?? *shakes head*

I just wish that I was told the truth. Even though even if the two wives were false...that's something I wouldn't mind being truth. *smiles* I need to find out who I am and try to remember. What exactly happened to me to make me forget? Who can I trust to speak truthfully? Then again, what can I believe now?

I look at me now and all I see is a young looking man with pure white hair and a red robe with the brotherhoods insignia. Baeleron told me that he would tell me everything that I needed to know and would explain but I haven't seen him since the day I "awoke".

Oh yea, starfire did also mention to me a day ago that I was possessed by a daemon and that it was causing me to have this bloodlust that made me go on a killing rampage even wanting to kill my friends. That for safety and trying to help me that they were the ones that had to restrain me and did something for me to lose my memory. This information is disturbing and hope that it is not true.

Will my memory ever return? Or am I fated to live the rest of my life with only the information from this point on?

*notices that the left arm rest of the chair is cracked and splintered, with
deep groves in it.*

*shrugging and not taking in what it is* Well one thing is for sure. I should
get a new chair, seems like this one is broken.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Subject: ~Wasteland~

Wasteland (RP Storyline)
Twisting Dreams Pt.1: The Battlefield Chosen.

She lay in bed awake. For nearly 2 hours Ditto had tossed and turned. Tossed and turned because no matter how hard she tried to think of other things, it was always the same. Everytime she closed her eyes...He was there. Sometimes with his once pink hair, sometimes white, but it was always him. Why did it always have to be Cloudster she thought of, dreamed of? Why couldn't she think the thoughts that use to come
so easy to her? Brightly colored eggs or maybe bashing a vorpal bunny in the head with a stick. He was always invading her happy thoughts. It might be an image of him standing and laughing with his brothers and sisters, or a remembered hug, so tight & close that even now, far away from him, still made her breathless. Sometimes an image of his flirting with ladies, the one that gave her knots in her belly. But, the worse one of all for Ditto, was the recent image of when he looked at her, friendly, yet blankly, and had not known who she was. That hurt worse than any wound ever had. She would rather him, no, would have been ecstatic had he looked at her with a terrible rage than to have not remembered her. Not remembered his brothers, his home, his name, his very life. Grabbing a nearby pillow, Ditto pulled it over to cover her face and let out an an exasperated yell. She was near tears at her dilemma. So tired, so sleepy, but too afraid to dream of him yet again. She almost didn't hear the faint and female voice call her name. Curious, since she didn't recognize it, Ditto moved the pillow off her face and turned her head in the direction from where the voice had come from. It was dark, darker than she was use to and could only see the outline of a woman's figure near the curtains of her bedroom window. Being who she was, Ditto sat up & smiled sweetly. "Hiyas. Who are you?" "Someone who can offer a solution to your problems". A beautiful blonde lady whom she had never seen, stepped away from the window and closer to Ditto. "I can aide you in obtaining what you most desire." Slightly confused, Ditto scratched her head and then smiled, asuming the lady could help her get some much needed shut-eye. "Ohhh. So, you are here to help me sleep?"

The lady came closer and as she did, her appearance changed to that of lovely elven woman with greenish hair. The woodelf shook her head in the negative, and as she did so, her appearance took on that of a drow. "Nay. But, you will sleep once your mind is at ease. Your troubled by a man. I know how to help you with that."

Ditto's eyes widened, "You mean Cloudster? You mean you want to help me attain HIM?" This didn't sound probable, nor was she even sure she'd even want to try. There was a good reason why they broke up afterall....Friendship. And she opened her mouth to explain it to the woman, when the woman spoke again.

"Nay. That is not what you desire. You desire not his love for he has scorned you, young Quantium. You desire vengence."

Ditto stood up straight & shook her head firmly. "NO. I dona want revenge. Cloudster has done not a thing to hurt me on purpose. He is my friend. He would never hurt me! He helps me. He listens to me. He....", she stopped what she was about to say, because it was only the wish of a young woman, but the strange lady, as if knowing her thoughts, finished it. "He what? He "loves" you?" The stranger threw her head back in an evil, dark laugh. The laughter wasn't a happy one and felt like a knife in Ditto's heart. "

He no more loves you than he's loved the wenches and loose ladies that he has taken to his bed. No more than he loves a cloak he tosses off if it gets too warm. He slighted you. He humiliated you. He USED you. And you,my nieve Quantium lass, are the only one who didn't see it."
She stood there, furious and confused. Unable to move. Who was this oman saying these awful things to her...the awful, hurtful things that, coming from the stranger's mouth, oddly rang true. The fury she felt at the stranger began turning into a fury towards Cloudster. A fury that she could not comprehend and made her feel faint. She would have fallen too, if it had not been for a hand from behind that came out to steady her. Ditto turned to see a jolly looking fellow dressed in bright
yellows and greens. He must have found something humorous because he suddenly burst out in merry laughter.

"Ahhh Xiom, although you are still the most beautiful of any creature, save Arioch himself, you are most assuredly incorrect." The now evil looking woman took a step backwards away from the bright fellow in yellow and green. "What matters this "love" that you speak of? You confuse the child's mind with things that do not concern her. Love matters not. It serves only to complicate things. And complicated things are most assuredly boring and drab." The jolly man tilted his head just then. " The way that you, Xiom, are boring and drab to me now. This Cloudster fellow. He is good as a friend. A most assuredly good fellow. But
Eli...", the man leaned close to Ditto's ear. "...now there is a man you can
have fun with. A most assuredly playful and fun time."

Ditto listened to the jolly man and was about to agree when a loud masculine, booming voice, that she found familiar, but had never heard before, rang out. "ENOUGH! Both of you stand down! She is not to be your battlefield. She is of ME. She is MINE."

The past weeks have been chaotic. Baeleron missing, brothers warring with brothers, a fued, brothers quiting refusing to fight another brother, and a brief fallen out with Ditto.

My tone has been strict and hard these days. Caring less about the people
instead caring more about obediance. For me it all started with the lack of
loyalty that beldon had shown me. Was I not appointed as General to command? So I thought. That is how I decided to hold on Maximus's punishment and go after Beldon because of his disobediance to a commanding officer. I cared not who I hurt. No longer was I the man. I am a general only by name. I demanded loyalty and respect yet a good general would have the loyalty and respect given freely by those that served under them in command. I am a fallen General.

Then there is Ditto. I love her, I can truely say that. It is hard for me to
love for my whole existance being as cursed as it is. The cursed one should be my name. She loves me dearly and trusted me completely. We made love for the first time the other day. Twas her first time and meant a lot to her and to me that I should be the one, and how she felt towards me. The very next day caught up in the heat of battle, I switched over from the man to the general and not thinking on the consiquences used her by lying. I had asked her to make a gate to Beldon's house so that we may talk to him. Once there we tried to set fire to his tower. She was greatly hurt and her complete trust of me broken. War is war and so I thought nothing of it until...later. That night in the candle lit room
we talked and worked out the problem. I am grateful that she has forgiven me. She has brought something in my world that I have never yet had.

Brother's now refuse to fight their own. Some have lost their respect for me for them thinking I have no respect for them. I have total respect for all brothers and have been loyal to them all. I just expected the same and when it was not shown. I went away from being a man to being a general and ordered respect. Orders should be followed though regardless or punishment shall be dealt out. Even to those I respect and care about. A general...I am a warrior, did Baeleron make the right choice then on giving me this position? His return will solve many problems and give this chaotic guild more order. Humorous statement that
is...but true.

I underestemated Beldon. That underestimation led me to be careless in battle. It will not happen again should it arise.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: