Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The Past of Cloudster/Tarothin Armunn part 2

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:32 am Post subject: The Past of Cloudster/Tarothin Armunn part 2 Reply with quote

Subject: Tears of Blood I

Betrayed.
Ditto sat in her own bedroom for the first time in days. Thinking, remembering, and trying to come to terms with everyone's actions, including her own. She had wanted so badly to hate Cloudster earlier, standing in front of the Garden fireplace, she had tried to summon as much hatred as she could to replace the hurt inside her heart. But, there was no hatred. There was nothing but pain and emptiness.

Cloudster had ripped away with one action such a big part of what made her Ditto. Her trusting nature. She had reasoned that if the one person she trusted above all others could trick and lie so easily to her, then anyone could. The hugs, the soft and kind words, the encouragement to her from her friends meant nothing then. She was just too empty of emotion, except for the pain. She had seen her best friends more as just talking objects than people she cared for. There was no care left in her she had thought.

The change in Ditto hurt many of her friends deeply, but at the time, she didn't care. It wasn't until later, when Eli and Poet refused her passage out of one of the Garden rooms, that things began to change. She had gotten furious at them for not being able to go where she pleased and tried her best to strike them both down, but it was no use. Her magics were not strong enough to hurt her loving friends. Her family. Finally, She listened to what they tried despretly and stubbornly to tell her. She listened and she thought. There was something she cared about. She wanted to know "Why". Why would he trick her that way knowing how she felt about the brothers fighting each other? Why would he trick her into hurting Star by asking her to make the gate, the gate that led to the
burning of Beldon's tower? She wanted, no needed, to hear his reasons from him alone.

After explaining briefly to Eli what she wanted to do, he reluctantly agreed, and allowed her to pass. Markus II hadn't agreed though. She tried through spells and incantion to move him, but again, like Poet and Eli, she was powerless. Markus did not want Cloudster to have a chance at hurting her yet again.

After several tries and even a battle at Cloudster's home, she decided the best thing would be to just wait. She went down to the pond area of the garden and sat. She remembered something there at the pond. She remembered what she and Cloud both said they wanted and agreed upon. No Promises. He had never promised her he would not lie or hurt her. It had been her that assumed he wouldn't. She was partially to blame for the pain. That thought began bringing pangs of guilt to stab at her for how she had treated her friends. She began to understand that
she was doing to them what Cloudster had done to her. Cause them pain.

Cat, Star, Eli, Poet, Markus, Metios, and sweet Kedesh were all just trying to be a friend and showed her that they cared. How could she have treated them so cruely? How could she have let that unimportant, bellowing, growling, bossy jerk cause her to be such an idiot to her best friends?!? ... Jerk? And then the anger. She thought him a jerk! Perhaps this was hatred? Ofcourse. She was finally on her way to hating him. She had been about to laugh in happiness that she WAS able to hate Cloudster, when, glancing over the grassway towards his home, she began seeing a whirling, rising mist.

"Do you smell smoke?" Cat had asked her and Markus.

Cloudster was still inside! Without thinking of what she was doing, Ditto ran as hard as her legs would go to Cloudster's house. When she got into the main room and saw that he was better than healthy and it had been just a dungeon fire Markus had set, she lied and explained briefly that she had just come to watch his house burn down. Cloudster, not catching the lie had made the comment that now that she saw that it wasn't, she could leave. She did, and in complete confusion that she had panicked for his safety.

Before she could figure out what she truely felt, another thing happened a while later. Something much worse and sinister. Beldon.

Subject: Tears of Blood II

The announcement came as a cold blade piercing her heart. Cloudster was dead. He had been killed by Beldon. Not wanting to believe that dear Beldon would strike down his brother, again she found herself running to Cloudster's home. This time to find his daemon's shell lying on the ground next to the steps. Her actions then seemed to come from some deep dark place inside. She struck at Beldon in any way she could think of. She wanted them all dead. Beldon, Markus, Metios. It didn't matter who. Cloudster was dead and nothing mattered.

She fought with Beldon and Markus. Beldon trying to explain to her that
Cloudster needed cleansing. He was Mad! Markus, holding her down to try to calm her, only made her angrier and more stubborn. She didn't want them in Cloudster's house. His home. They shouldn't be there. Half insane with grief and anger, she would protect his home if she could no longer protect him. Finally, able to leave, she ran away from them. She ran, yet didnt see where she was going. Tears streamed down her face, hazing her vision. She could run no more and sat down on the floor. After catching her breath, she noticed that she had run to Cloudster's bedchamber. She felt safe there. Then a warm feeling came over her and she began to hear Cloudster's voice. Not really caring if she too had gone mad, Ditto did as the voice instructed. She went and found Metios and took him up to a secret room. An evil dark room. The daemon's alter. Metios, with his skills, brought Cloudster back. New and alive
and looking well. He then told her that at times, being half daemon, sometimes, when he died he gets banished and needed to be summoned again. As much as she wanted to stay, she left.

Later, seeing her outside, Cloudster invited Ditto in to talk in private. They
went to his bedchamber and she was at last able to ask him her question. Why? At times he would try to look down, but as short as she was to his stature, that didn't do much good. She could see that he hurt too. Hurt by what he had done to her. They talked for a long while with him at times looking down or into the flames of the fireplace, and her watching his every move for any sign that she might be able to trust him again. She loved him. Had never stopped loving him and she knew that since she saw the daemon's shell. But she didn't know if she could still trust him. Somehow she knew, could feel, that he loved her too, but that wouldn't matter if she couldn't trust him again. That was when she had chosen to ask him, the question she never before thought he would answer outright in yes or no. But, he would have to now. That would be their only
chance at finding their way back to each other. She watched his eyes as he struggled with it. He then looked at her and gave her the answer. "Yes". A single tear trailed slowly down his face,a tear of blood, and with it flowed out all of the doubts she had. A second tear, and new understanding of him emerged, and an even stronger love. She stood on tip toe and kissed the tear from his face, tasting all that he was; the daemon, the general, and the man.

*Standing calmly on the ramparts looking out into the stary abyss.*

What is Maximus's game? How far is he willing to go to get Beldon. It seems that they have both lost their minds. The are both hungry to kill one another and will seemingly do anything to do so.

Maximus lied to us last night. He sent messages out saying that a battle was at hand. We met up and rushed to the area where Beldon and his men were supposed to be. When we showed up, there was only Beldon and Jolicia. Thinking that it may have been a trap, I quickly helped kill Beldon. It was only afterwards that I realized that there was no trap, only a lie. A lie that turned me from being a warrior to a lowly assassin. My skills are to great for such actions.

The one time that I went to assassinate someone before was Talon. Septis, a loyal soldier, and I went to sanctus to demand from Talon what he owed me. He refused and we fought off seven of them ourselves and we won. That is more glorious winning over great odds then what Maximus had us do.

Not just that but Maximus used us and our greater numbers to overwhelm one foe. Is this not what other guilds do when fighting us? We are brothers of the Brotherhood of the Hand. We have some of the most powerful fighters in the lands. Never have we overwelmed an enemy before. It is not our style. Always had it been the other way. Us against great odds. And still we are victorious most of the time. I feel a loss within the brotherhood. Something that degrades us by his actions.

I feel his ambitions are starting to get out of hand. He may need to be put
down. I feel shamed for what I have done. The rift in the brotherhood was caused by two people: Maximus and Beldon. If they both stand down and end this fued the rift will be closed. I am a fallen General now, many do not follow me anymore because of my actions, my demands. It is time to make the general more than just in name. I will put an end to this, seeing that I did not help matters in the beginning over my feeling scorned by Beldon's disloyalty.

If need be in this venture to make things right, I shall fight alone until the
rift is closed. It is time for me to atone for my actions. It's time to make
amends to those I have wronged. If I should die in this...then I shall died by the sword. A warriors death. Either way, I will have at least atone for my actions and regain my honor. I just hope not to cause Ditto more pain in all of this. It would be the one thing that would hurt me the most.

I fear not for myself. I fear for the Brotherhood and those I care about. Time to begin the healing of the rift.

*sends a message to Beldon and Maximus*
Your actions have dishonored the Brotherhood. It is time you both stand down. I am asking for you both to redeem yourselves and stop this fued. I ask this politely. But if you continue in this...may you ever be forgiven...

Cloudster
A brother...a warrior...a general, B-H

Jolicia arrived at Hanse's to find Ditto, Starfire, Poet, and Maximus there.
Ditto came up to her, as always, giving Jolicia a big hug. Jolicia seemed to be more concerned about Maximus as Star was looking at her worriedly. The ladies and POet went over and sat at one of the tables. Jolicia sat with her back to Maximus not wanting to see him. The four at the table talked amongst themselves about the days events. Jolicia noticed Maximuse go outside for a moment. She tried to look out the window to see what tricks he was up to and noticed him speaking to a man she heared to be a rumored assassin. This worried her but she
did not say anything to the others. While Maximus was outside Star mentioned that the sister's plan was progressing well and she would show us later. On a lighter note Ditto began to tell us that Cloudster had expressed his feeling for her. Throughout the conversations Jolicia and Star kept glancing back at Maximus suspiciously. Then the expected happened... Maximus and Jolicia began arguing. He warned her to stop looking at him or her head would end up on one of his pikes. Ditto, Star, and Poet all got up from the table and seemed to be surrounding Jolicia, standing between her and Maximus. Soon the arguing escalated more when Maximus wanted Jolicia to go on a walk with him to speak privately. She didn't trust him though and would not go. It appeared the others
did not trust him either for they said he would not be leaving anywhere with Jolicia. Ditto and Star seemed to be getting increasingly upset, especially after Maximus calling woman dogs and saying they were on the same bottom level as the orcs. Amongst the arguing two men that appeared to be from Moonglow seemed to be taking a big interest in what was happening. Poet informed the men it was non of their business. Maximus and the men said it was. Poet and Jolicia asked how it could be their business when this was a family matter and they were outsiders. Maximus then rambled something about they would be part of the new
brotherhood after the traitors were dispossed off. Star and Ditto seem to still be upset about the earlier comment by Max and kept yelling at him. Maxto Star to hush which angered her more and she went up and slapped him. Next thing Jolicia knew Ditto had kicked him and the argument was getting more and more heated. Then out of no where Maximus attacked Ditto. Poet and Joilica tried to help but it was too late. Maximuse appeared to be heading for Jolicia next but POet blocked him and he ran out the door. After checking on Ditto to make sure she was ok Poet and Jolicia went back outside know that Maximus wasn't finished and would be back. Then Beldon arrived from one direction with Maximus arriving from another. Beldon looked to Jolicia and asked if everything was ok as she was glaring at Maximus. She told him no and about Maximus killing Ditto. The two men started preparing for battle as Star tried to talk some sense into them. It didn't seem to matter though. The two ran off swords clashing. Star, Poet, and Jolicia followed and found them arguing more. Star and Poet stepped between them as Jolicia stood off to the side. THe arguing continued and again the two men were off in battle. Before the three could catch up, Max had fallen to Beldon. Jolicia did not stick around but instead ran back to Hanses' to find Beldon. She was relieved to see he was fine. He made sure that she had not been harmed and showered her with kisses. He then informed her he had to business to tend to but
to not worry for Maximus would not be bothering her anymore on this eve.

Upon catching back up with Star, Ditto, and Poet... Star took them to see the progress she had made with their scheme. Star showed them around the house with it's new modifications. It was perfect... the hidden doors, the cells, the locks, everything. Hopefully it will all work as they had planned. The hard part would be getting the two in question into the cells. Star felt she knew someone that would be able to get one of the leaders. With a smirk on her face, Jolicia then assured them that the other leader would be easy for her to get into the cell....

It had started with a nightmare. One she couldn't remember upon waking, but one that had made Ditto call out for Cloudster and left her with a feeling of dread and gloom throughout the day.

She never liked anyone seeing when she was sad, so she avoided everyone most of the day. She continued to ask her animals friends to help search for Baeleron and this kept her busy, but even the animals could sense her sadness.

As the eve was approaching, she hurried to the Brotherhood territory, hoping that most would have their soldier's work done and she might be able to watch a few duels. Friendly, violent duels always made her happy. And perhaps, Cloudster would be finished with his routine work and would be there. Just seeing him made her feel happiest of all happys.

When she arrived and saw her dearest Poet, Ditto went to hug him. If anyone could make her cheerful, he could. Today, Poet had been writting a new poem and wanted her to hear it. It was a story of a dying soldier. The poem had sent Ditto into tears.

After taking a while to dry her eyes, she looked around and saw her Cloudster. He was quite into his cups but seemed very happy. He tackled her to the grass sending her into giggles and they kissed, and at times forgot they were not alone. Several of the brotherhood was there, Star, Jo, Nano, Kedesh, Metios, and many others. Some made comments and at times Cloudster's and Ditto's actions made some of the ladies giggle or blush, while Cat "awe'd" them.

But then things took a more serious tone. Cloudster began saying such beautiful and romantic things to her. At first, Ditto had glanced around to see if Poet was coaching Cloud, or then wondered if it was the drink speaking. But, the drinking had only loosened the strings that held back his heart from speaking. This wasn't like him, and though she wanted to hear the loving words, she still worried, feeling something was wrong. And then he spoke to her even more serious about the possibility of his death. Death had never concerned him before. Why did it do so now? A knot formed in her throat and all she could do was smile warmly and try to fight off the tears that wanted to come. She didn't want to hear him speak of his dying, but his eyes told her that it was something he Needed her to hear, and so, she listened carefully to everyword. When he was done, she could no longer hold back the tears, so she held him tight to her. With his words echoing in her mind, she became stubborn and told herself, "He will Not die. I won't let him." But even as she thought the stubborn words, she knew there was a reason he had told her the things he had, and she sensed something too. Something she feared would destroy him. But there was something she had no doubt of...No matter what, her heart he was, and in her heart he would remain.

Tarothin stood inside the Brotherhood of the Hands Guildhouse for what might be his last time. After speaking with Baeleron and finally making a decision, he took of the bloodred robe with the insignia of the hand and folded it gently to lay on the chair that held his position. He scribbled a small note reading,

"Farewell my brothers and sisters. Until next we meet.

Tarothin Armunn"

With one last look around he departed.

At the town of Trinsic in felucia, Tarothin walked into the tavern after a long journey from the City of Azarad where the Brotherhood lay. He walked the journey confused and lost not sure what to do next. Thirsty he sat down at one of the tables and ordered some of the hard alcohol that they had. After many drinks later, the man to the side of him was heard talking about rumored Orc attacks in moonglow and probably needing more soldiers just incase if they attacked here. He noticed that I had a sword and asked if I was going to help in the defence.

Tarothin started to laugh, then stopped and some thoughts arose in him and he then smiled. "I will help defend this place at a price. For you see...I am a Sellsword. I shall weild my sword for any purpose for compensation." The guy scoffed at this. "Oh trust me sir. My sword arm is worth it."

He then asked me what my name was by chance.

"I am Tarothin Armunn, formally known only by the name Cloudster. I now sell my warrior skills as a Sellsword, let it be known." With that I stand up and walk out of the tavern.

Subject: The Dark Order

As I sat on my throne I thought about life as a Sellsword. Is this really fullfilling enough? It seems that something indeed is missing. Why am I waiting for others to pay me to do things? I turned down many job's because I was no assassin, for that is what they asked of me to do. I only took up the old man's cause because of his story and persuassiveness, as well as him making me feel like I was his army to fight his battle.

What am I doing, sitting here as I am now as what some would call a lowly merc? Arlin has returned and it seems that many would go to him for things to be done because of his versitility. I say that because he would do anything for money as I would not. This being so, what jobs would come my way? Regardless of my prowess, it would be better to hire a band willing to do anything then a lone swordsman. So I will leave the life of a sellsword.

The life of a Knight I will pursue for that was always in my heart. I am not born of nobility by far. And no king or lord ever knighted me, Yet why cannot I not be a knight? Am I not more skilled then most with a sword? Do I not live my life by the code of the warrior? Do I not follow Valor and honor?

I self-proclaimed myself a knight, and so shall I re-inforce this now. I am a knight, if not officially in others eyes, but in spirit. Makes me sick thinking about all those pompass a**es in Sanctus. Alan said of me as just a lowly mercenary. A lowly mercenary am I? What gives them the right to feel they stand over me, when I know I can defeat most if not all in combat.

*laughs* I shall create an Order. A Dark Order, and one that will rival this Order of Sanctus. An order of knights without tolerance or mercy. *chuckles* One that might rival the world...

Looks like I will inform the guardians of this keep that we will be having many more visitors.

((this is but a small part of his past.))
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: