Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Returning Player

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> New Here? Find Out How to Get Started
View previous topic :: View next topic
Max3
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:11 pm Post subject: Returning Player Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I'm a "old" player that is making a return. My role-playing is pretty lacking currently; I only remember "aye" and "indeed," but only because I hear Sean Connery repeating those two words in my mind. So please forgive the "OOC" language.

I originally started playing in 2001, with my purchase of UO:R (after searching four malls, and seven stores for it), and played for quite a few years. My close friends were also playing the game, so we would always go off and do quests, we would explore, etc., and it was quite fun. But then around 2005, a big "problem" came out, and it's name was World of Warcraft. Now I have nothing really against the game, but my friends started canceling their UO subscriptions and then made the switch to WoW. I did have a couple that remained with me (which was enough for me), but after some time, the remaining few started to cancel their subscriptions. Up until about mid-2007, only a friend and I remained, but he then gave me the news of him canceling his subscription. Well, I stuck around for another year or so, then kind of went on with my life (with my subscription still in tact). I started working full-time, and my time was limited, leaving me rarely able to get on. About midway through 2009, I had an issue come up that caused my subscription to get suspended, and I was unable to get to a computer (I did not have a working computer or even an internet connection). This led to me losing my house and the valuables in it. (But oh well, it is just a game, right?)

Anyway, while surfing Yahoo!, I found a reference to a "Rift" game, so I tried it out. It seemed a lot like WoW (but not as good), so I went and played my "free" time in WoW. Unfortunately, playing WoW reminded me of why I stopped playing WoW, but that isn't important currently. What is important is that I remembered my enjoyment playing this game. I really miss this game, so I decided to try it out for a month again. When I left, Atlantic was always crowded, but now it doesn't seem so. The bank is a ghost town.

My post is to hopefully gather some new "friends" to be able to do quests, complete "raids," etc., with. While I remember a few things about the game, it is quite hard to remember things here and there, such as where to find the quests, and other things. I have quite a few characters (mage, two warriors, a bard, and a smith) on Atlantic, and was hoping to return to playing. Like I said, I'm kind of rusty with the role-playing, but I could make the attempt. Reading around the forums, it seems (unless I am mistaken) that the groups/guilds gets together quite often.

This game just isn't as fun without some other players to do things with. If you actually read this whole post, I thank you. Any feedback/direction would be appreciated.

-Max3
Tazar
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings and welcome back.

Brit bank is fairly quiet now because several invasions in Brit drove everyone to Luna bank... also with additional expansions, the population is more spread out. Atlantic is the most populous shard and is considered to be very healthy still. Some others are dwindling though.

There are a lot of great folk in the ARPC. You might want to join us in the ARPC Chat Channel (This is a newer feature - click the "chat" button, join the channel, then put a "comma" in front of your text to be heard by anyone in that channel. It will give you a good chance to get to know some people. Also, New Haven is a great place to meet folk.

Hope to meet you in game some time.

Lord of "Falling Waters Fortress", the home of "The Order of the Drunken Elders"
Wynn
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Welcome *whispers* if you see Aulbrey around run or hand her an ale she will go away. Yes the chat channel is a very good feature just pop in and say Hi. Cant wait to rp with you in game. Again Welcome
Max3
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You were not joking about Luna Bank; it is quite crowded. I hope to see everyone around the game, and hopefully I can get used to it once again.
aulbrey
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!!! dont run or ill.......oh look a shiny *stumbles over a coin* welcome back Very Happy
Willow Smythe
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back. Seems you quit when I started-ish.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to help!

Here's my ICQ - 271 806 558
Malorn ‎(12:14 AM):
I'm an idiot
Rosar Ashande
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, brother! Welcome back to the game. I hope you have a good time with us.
Max3
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, everyone. Chances are I'll be on around the late evening on the East coast. Hopefully some people will be willing to go on quests and run through dungeons. If I enjoy my time back, chances are I'll purchase Stygian Abyss.

I noticed some of you have ICQ. That is quite a shock as I haven't used it in at least five years.
Merci d'Rue
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Icq is pretty commonly used in our community. It would be a great way to keep in touch with people. Also as was mentioned earlier there is the new chat channel. For giving a shout out.

I want to say welcome and I hope your time here is great.

If your interested in attending some of the events here is the list of some of what is going on this month.

http://www.atlanticcommunityboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27439

PM me ifyou would like my icq or have any questions!

Take care, See you in game,
Merci
Molly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back to the game. Hope to see you around.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Starfire
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:51 pm Post subject: *grins* Reply with quote

Welcome Home Max!!!
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> New Here? Find Out How to Get Started All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: