Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

White

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Zara Eytinge
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:37 am Post subject: White Reply with quote

White -The achromatic color of maximum lightness; the color of objects that reflect nearly all light of all visible wavelengths; the complement or antagonist of black, the other extreme of the neutral gray series. Unsullied; pure.

One that is achromatic, is of our order, I myself an Achromancer since birth, have found that we are not as commonplace as once, that we are of a dying breed. I search for those with the heart to create not destroy. Yet there are so few of us left..not many are born as I was. My experience and knowledge is low, I have so much more to learn myself.

For to conquer something you must understand it learn all that you can of it, fight fire with fire they say...

The essence of life is a force in our realm of great worth. One to be appreciated, nurtured and cared for. Those that take for granted such precious value are murderers, a black mark upon Sosaria. One should give life, not take from. Each precious drop of blood spilt is a loss; each eye that sleeps without peace is an abomination.

Often In my travels I have found many thieves who steal life from another, or destroy life for their own twisted purposes, this type of influence upon the lands must be stopped. We cannot allow our existence which was once a shining orb of beauty and greatness, to become lost soulless people, twisted forms of emptiness.

That is why I fight, and my fight has only just begun. Somewhere you wait for me, and I am coming.

Zara Eytinge
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:12 am Post subject: Music Reply with quote

Music-The art of arranging sounds in time so as to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre.

I began hearing it when I was around five, though some part of me recognizes that it may have occurred before. It used to keep me awake at night, the soft sound spreading over the hills around my house.

The melody was soft and gentle, and the harmony was strong and vibrant. They danced like two lovers, weaving in and out blending perfectly together. Sometimes, I would leave the house and stand in the middle of a field just listening for hours.

As time went on, I was no longer content to just listen. I began to sing. My first song was crude and rough but I practiced it over and over till it was perfect. I could hear in the distance, others singing to.

Magic-The practice of using charms, spells, or rituals to attempt to produce supernatural effects or control events in nature. A mysterious quality of enchantment

My songs started to take on a life of thier own. Its complicated how they made me feel. I felt as if they almost overtook, so compelled to sing them. They began to have actual effects on things around me.

One day I found a small dying sparrow I held it in my hand, and I sang with all my heart. Its body quivered there, but seemed to grow calmer, its little heartbeat was ringing in my ears. My own heartbeat seemed to match its own... For a moment I felt like I was the bird, that I was dying...

I kept singing, fiercer now, as if I was fighting for its very life or was it my life? Soon the bird was standing on its own two feet, flapping its wings. It flew away. I felt very happy but tired that day. I was so weak my mother had to carry me up the stairs, her face was pale, she told me not to sing anymore...

I realize now that I wasnt singing at all, I was casting spells.....

Zara Eytinge
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Death-is the termination of the biological functions that sustain a living organism. The word refers both to the particular processes of life's cessation as well as to the condition or state of a formerly living body.**

He held in his hand another small bird. He knew I fancied them. He was my mentor, my teacher, I respected him greatly. Yet nothing could prepare me for what came next. An injured bird, and once more slowly dying. I reached out to take it from him, my natural and immediate reaction.

He pulled it a way and made a disaproving sound. No, just watch for a change.

The bird flapped about at first but began to grow quieter, I wasnt sure if it was doing better or worse until it laid its head down. I watched its chest rise and fall, rise and.....fall, growing slower and less often. My heart began to beat in terror as I heard the birds slow down in my head.

Your killing it! I screamed. He said nothing, the bird was dead. An odd energy struck me then, it felt really good, it hit him to I could see it on his face, he smiled. It was just a small wave of energy but enough that you got a taste. Suddenly everything in my body was in tune, I was a starving girl. I wanted more.

He saw the hunger in my eyes and smiled. You see? You see what we can do? Sacrificing yourself Zara is backwards, you must take, you must use this power, that is what you were built for! That is your gift!

It is true that I felt energy running thru my body, I indeed felt that i could cast all sorts of spells. Yet deep inside where the hunger ached, another emotion ran wild. I was filled with a great sadness. Tears flowed from my hungry eyes.

Even as I craved more I crumbled inside....

He persisted, Look, watch, do this.. With the slow incantations of a spell the energy in the room changed, I heard the bones of the bird grinding and popping, I saw its head lift and its body rise in his hand. It stood swaying there...

For a moment I was estatic, it was alive again..........

Yet I heard no heartbeat. I thought I was upset before, now horror filled me as I realized my mentor, my teacher had raised it from death, but it was still not alive. It was an abomination. I stared at its empty eyes and soon the bird began to decay, first a wing falling off, then a beak. Soon it fell in a heap of body parts in his hand and he shook his head laughing, as if it was the most natural thing in the world. They never last long, birds..

It was unnatural, and I snatched up the small refuse of life left in his hand and ran from the room, the rain poured down on me and I knelt in the mud. I clawed at the ground in a frenzy, until a hole deep enough was made. There I laid the poor creatures bones to rest. A sense of peace filling me.

He came up behind me. Zara, this is what you are, forget your nonsense, let us begin your studies anew. You are ready now. This, is why you are here! I turned my head to him, my heart breaking, my eyes filled with hate. He was right, I am here because of this, but I am not here to practice his magic, I am here to put an end to it.

The world was less beautiful that day. I never saw my father again.

(**definition taken from wikipedia.)
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: