Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Bitter sweet

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Korin d'Rue
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:31 am Post subject: Bitter sweet Reply with quote

The old man, with his pack horse in tow moved throught the forest making as much noise as he could. He had even once or twice given thought to singing as he made his way towards the clearing. The old man knew this side of the mountain like the back of his hand and he knew if the person he was looking for had made camp it would be in this small clearing with the sharp drop to one end.
The old man was not happy with himself, at the moment. He had not lived as long as he had by getting involved in other peoples business. It was not often that he ran into other people up here either, and that was the way he liked it. But the snow had come early this year and the old man had not been very succesful in filling his pack with gold.
His hand reached down to the small pouch at his side it held in it more gold than he had seen in years of minning in these mountians. And all he had to do was leave a trail for that woman and her two companions to follow through the forest to the person they were looking for.

The clearing was alite the flames of the fire dance and flickered against the night sky. The old man could make out the shape of a man kneeling by the fire. looking back at the horse he said out loud "lets get this over with!"
The old man made his way closer to the clearing, before he entered the clearing he called out "Hello by the fire"

The old man waited what seemed like a life time before he heard a responce.
"Greetings, if you do not mind show yourself!"
the old man tugged at reins of his horse, and stepped out into the clearing. "That fire sure does look inviting this evening."
The man kneeling by the fire did not move at all. "Come old timer warm yourself"
"Thank ya dont mind if I do." Tieing his horse to a tree the old man walked up and knelt down sticking his hands out to the warm flames. "You know that those flames put off enough light to be seen for miles up here."
The kneeling man still had not moved, his hood was pulled up and as hard as the old man tried he could not see the mans face. "Well its your fire and your camp" the old man said
"I am aware that it can be seen" The man said still not moving "I want it seen"
"Why on......" the old man started his question but stopped himself. Looking around he noticed there was no tent no bed roll and nothing that you would normally see in a camp. The old man started to feel very uncomfortable kneeling beside the fire across from this man. "Well I was heading down off this mountain, when I saw you fire here started to come in to warn ya about staying up here this late in the season." The old mans eyes darted around the clearing. "But I see that you know what you are doing so I will be making my way on down now." The old man stood."
The voice of the other man was low as he spoke. "You came in from the wrong way to be heading down."
The old man froze in his tracks. "Well I..."
"How many are with her and how far out are they?" the young mans voice demanded.
The old man knelt back down and put his hand to his mouth as if scratching his whiskers. "Well lets see I saw the little one the woman and two men." He kept looking around the clearing. "I normally stay to my self but they had gold and well you know how it is when you are old and tired of digging." The old man kept talking very fast. "I have never got into others busness like this before but they had gold."
The voice was almost jolly that came from the young man. "So she is close then, It is best that you leave now." " I dont want you caught up in any trouble that may take place here when they arrive.
"I agree I agree" the old man said standing up and making his way toward his pack horse.

It was the ding of metal hitting metal that caused the old man to turn around. The young man still kneeling had an arrow stuck out of his back. The next sound the old man heard was an arrow knocking the bark off the tree just above his head. He dove to the ground and began crawling for his life. As he made it behind a fallen log he heard screaming an shouting. Then came the long scream he had heard once before in his life in a tarven. The old man knew someone had just had a knife put into there gut. The old man lay behind his log listening to the clash of steel on steal. Then everything was silent, He peeked his head up over the log. He saw the young man standing there in the clearing. He had the woman by the throat and her feet were off the ground. it looked as if they were talking in whispers. The woman touched her hand to her lips and tried to touch the young man's face. but he pulled his head back.
And before the old mans eye's the young man pulled a cruel looking dagger with blades on both ends of the handle and split the womans stomach open, and threw her over the cliff.
The old man watched as the young man dropped to his knees. As the old man moved slowly to to gather his pack horse he could hear the young man sobbing. Figuring it was best to leave him alone he lead his horse out of the clearing as fast as he could and headed down the mountain.
Korin d'Rue
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Korin knelt in the snow the tears froze on his cheeks. He knelt sobbing until his whole body just shook. Korin had once been told that revenge was best served cold. He had also been told that when a man lets revenge control his life sooner or later his life would become empty.

Korin had spent so much time hunting down those responsible for the death of his daughter. He had tracked them across foreign lands. One by one he had taken their lives as they had done his daughter. But every meeting the one who was the mastermind behind it all escaped him. Tonight he had finally got his revenge.

Korin had tracked them, baited them and set his trap. It had worked better than he had hoped. The two males that where her muscle went down fast. Neither of them had expected him to come up out of the snow they were fixed on the scare crow he had set in place. The old man had helped to sell that part of the trap even though he did not know that he was doing it. The female drow had put up a good fight but the rage built up in Korin let him ignore the cuts she inflicted. Korin finally disarmed her and clasp his hands around her throat lifting her feet off the ground. He held her there, watching her struggle.

Korin now felt empty inside everything that had drove him for the longest time was now taken away from him. He had taken it away from himself.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: