Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

A Letter To Lord Isk of Magincia

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Messenger's Log
View previous topic :: View next topic
Celestia
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:04 pm Post subject: A Letter To Lord Isk of Magincia Reply with quote

* A white falcon of unknown origin, bearing a hand-written letter, arrives at the home of Lord Isk, Magnate of Magincia*

To Lord Isk, Magnate
Republic of Magincia

Lord Isk:

I write this letter, not as a diplomat of any government or as a representative of any powerful House but as a simple, humble woman who stands alone after a great loss. Since my exile from the lands you call Britannia, I have come to know hardship and struggle. I have also learned that a person without home or country, without a lord or a people to serve, has no honor and without honor we are but slaves.

I remember meeting you on several occasions, once formally, when I served under the banner of another land, and again socially while attending one of your many festivals. I recall those meetings as pleasant and I enjoyed our talks of philosophy, religion and art. I found myself thinking many times of your city and its people and the struggle they endure against the impure beings that populate the lands around you.

Lord Isk, I write to you because House Shimakaze has fallen. My father is missing these past seven months, lost at sea. My mother dead at the hands of the Bane-Chosen. Without husband, brother or sister I serve no purpose. I write you to offer my services in whatever capacity you deem me worthy, be it as archer, diplomat or artisan; for I am skilled in each.

In return I ask only for a small room in which to sleep and store my few belongings until I can purchase land of my own.

I seek only to restore my honor and return my name to the list of those who have served faithfully and without regret. Will Magincia have me?

This falcon will return with your reply.

Respectfully,

Yoshi Shimakaze,
First Daughter to Lord Ikrua Shimakaze
Isk
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoshi Shimakaze,

Magincia welcomes all of humanity. I look forward to seeing you and hearing your story. There is a place for you among our citizens, the more we grow collectively the more we can accomplish. It is often those that come with little that give the most.

-Isk
Celestia
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

To Lord Isk, Magnate of Magincia:

My Lord:

I have received your letter with great humility and accept your gracious offer to meet with you to discuss my serving your House. I have ordered a ship prepared to sail on the next tide. In all it will take four to five days to reach the shores of Magincia. Upon my arrival I will take lodging at the local inn where I will await your orders.

I stand as Yoshi Shimakaze, First Daughter to House Shimakaze and offer you my thanks and humble gratitude.

Sincerely,

Yoshi Shimakaze.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Messenger's Log All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: