Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

For you old timers out there..
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Marcus Draven
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:12 pm Post subject: For you old timers out there.. Reply with quote

Who was the first vamp RP guild on atlantic?
Willow Smythe
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking exclusive Vampire guild as in all or mainly vampires are you are talking people playing vampires?

I don't really have the answer either way, only been playing 6 yrs but just so the distinction is made. Laughing
Malorn ‎(12:14 AM):
I'm an idiot
Marcus Draven
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm good point Willow...

I would say the first all/mainly vamp guild
Dealthagar
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, all vamp, not sure, but the Tal'me'Rah (a vampire only sect of the Order of the Ebon Skull) was one of the founding sects back in 97.

The Three Truths of Singularity

Do something to the best of your abilty or don't do it at all
Feel to the fullest of your ability, cutting yourself off from your emotions leads to spiritual death
Control your being, your existance, your destiny.

www.adriandrake.com
Trillin
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a family known as the Valek's back when stormhaven was around.
Marcus Draven
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Were either of those of a particular clan? Like how Draven is Ventrue?
Dealthagar
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Infodump of vampire RP based off of White Wolf that I have personal knowledge of

Well, the TmR base rules were taken right from the TmR sourcebook for V:tM, and had a number of clans, notably Tremere, Ventrue, Brujah and Gangrel. There might have been a few more, but those were the characters i was most familiar with. There has for the entire existence of OES been a vampiric presence within the ranks.

There was a unguilded Baali bloodline running around in '01-'04 and possibly later. I also know of a bloodline of Tzmiche that were methusela age/generation running around after '04, also affiliated with the Order of the Ebon Skull.

The Sisterhood of Lilyth had a few vampiric members, including a Daughter of Cacophony, but there weren't vampire only. (99-02)

CAP showed up while I was on hiatus from the game (05-09) but I don't know exactly when.

During the days of the Shadow Conclave ( a senate type organization of evil guilds) there were several small vampire only guilds, as well as many notable members of larger guilds that were vampires, but typically, unless there were OES which was very specifically Black Hand or Sabbat, they enforced the Masquerade, so unless you needed to know, or were part of the vampire role-play, you didn't always know who was what. 99-04

Kryste (a long time OESer and Vamp RPer) ran a vampire guild outside of her duties within OES from at least '00 until '03 but it could have been started earlier.

The Ne'Sveti family have a branch of the family that are Tzmiche, and that is the only clan allowed within the family (a specific bloodline actually - the original GM of it, myself and one other member had the bloodline plotted out, joining the family involved a backstory, and you had to work out with us who your sire was) '01-Current, but the Ne'Sveti are semi-inactive. (I am the current GM of the guild, and I believe there are only 3 Ne'Sveti family characters even semi-active on the server right now, and I control 2 of them)

Feel to the fullest of your ability, cutting yourself off from your emotions leads to spiritual death

www.adriandrake.com
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

WhiLe theRe Have beEn manY vAmpiRes, therE haVen't beeN That mAny "Clan oNly" guildS fOr tHem. Oft tiMeS, wE werE a moTtley cRew, fOrceD to mIngle witH tHose Not pRivilegEd enOugh to be aS SpeCial AnD giFted aS We weRe.

SiGneD,,

a foRmer MaLkavian
Tierna
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Again.. not guild only.. but OES.. and Onyx.. Subsequently Housed 2 Ventrue and at least one Brujah.

*Taps her nails and returns to her paperwork*
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone!

This helps. The reason was I was thinking of creating a bigger picture lore behind where vamps came from. Using white wolf as a base since that is most widely used and then tweeking it to fit UO lore.
Dealthagar
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as you can see, there is already a huge amount of lore on where they came from on Atlantic.

1) Some are descendants of Caine, as per WW lore, usually vampires brought to Sosaria from Earth by coming through moongates. (which fits both V:tM and Ultima lore)

2) Oblivion (the source of Unholy Power and undeath, as popularized by OES) was directly responsible for the creation of vampires through rituals invoking it. I know of at least 3 vampiric bloodlines that were created in that manner. Other than the origin itsself, these bloodlines followed V:tM lore for RPing weaknesses, strengths and how blood works.

3) A demonic pact for power granted the creation of one bloodline. Again, they mimicked V:tM for RPing post-embrace.

4) A Caine-like figure within Sosaria's ancient past. Possibly Caine himself or one of his childer, invoking the first example. (The Ne'Sveti are one group that specifically fall under this header)

Vampire RP on this server has been active for 13ish years. Every conclave is free to create their own origins. "Creating a bigger picture lore behind where vamps came from" borders on telling people how to RP. Honestly, I think you would be better served by solidifying the lore for your organization's origins and letting other vampire RPers mind to their own lore.

www.adriandrake.com
Marcus Draven
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, ours would be more of a mix between 1 and 4. We were thinking something along the lines of Caine being so powerful he could freely move between the shards. Establishing one of each clan to a shard...

This is just in the 'hey what if we did this...' phase. Nothing set in stone and not even sure we will do something like this.

But ya we always accept other versions cause hey... vampires arent real. Smile
Mei Fa Lo
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus Draven wrote:
vampires arent real. Smile
Oh but they are...we just call them something else...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sid
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

were Sue and Kotare part of some vampire order?
Joanna Weaver
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

Location: ~Magincia~ Republic of Magincia Administrator @}'~,~'<[M]>'~,~'{@

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue? Not sure who that was. Kotare was a vampy but he didnt advertise, and his guild was Blackwind knights or something similar. Not sure what he ran before that.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: