Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Where I Am Going with this Typernion Thing

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> News and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic
Thraxas
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:40 pm Post subject: Where I Am Going with this Typernion Thing Reply with quote

The reward for Typernion is real and all ARPC members are welcome to hunt him down.

All I need is a little time to develop him (I started him from scratch) and the storyline. When the HUNT IS ON, I will post a note here (if there is enough interest... and if not, I can make it a Maritime Union event I suppose).

I will be writing more about this to set it up, but some basic components of this are:

1. I have created a guild called Fugitives from Justice. I plan to send out war invites to all ARPC guilds. The abbreviation is FGTV. Typernion is titled 'Wanted in Yew'. Please accept the invite if you want to role play along. Alternately, send me a war invite and I will accept.

2. Make sure if you encounter him, you use role play rules and sense. I am sure I do not need to tell anyone here that just seeing his title and highlight orange is no basis for an attack on him. However, some guild members who are new to role play, or who are rebels somewhat, may need a bit of coaching on this. =) I can and will "roll with" such an attack, but I will try to escape something like that by recalling away, riding off quickly, or some such. Any legitimate attack and I won't recall away, though I may try to ride away.

3. I will drop clues embedded in stories to help the hunt. If you follow the stories, you may be able to locate his hideout, or the place he is currently running around.

4. To "capture him alive" you simply have to kill him and then resurrect his ghost. No emote arrests please... I hate those. He will surrender after that and be considered "apprehended and bound" He won't try to escape... unless some guild comes to his rescue which I do not plan to incite nor devise, but would not oppose.

5. I will not operate him for the HUNT purposes without giving notification of the times I am playing him. I will do so here, in this thread, and you can bet it will not be before 7 pm. central nor after 11 pm central.

If I have not covered everything I will post here. If you have questions, please feel free to post here, PM me or send an ICQ. I hope this will be fun for all at least for a little while. I will need about four more days to finish work on him, so if you see him about, and are highlighted, please do not attempt any arrest before that time (April 24)... he is quite the little punk atm. Again, I will post here when the hunt is on. Thanks!
Thraxas
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:41 pm Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I have sent out numerous war invites to various guilds, but no one has responded. You may be waiting for the event to begin (or not) but please accept. If you have not received one, please let me know here.

I have explained how you will know him without actually "knowing" who he is. I am using game rules (orange highlighting) to accomplish this. It will save time and allow you to attack him on sight without needed to parlay or speak or anything. If you do not like that means, at least do not let it stop you from participating.

Typernion has a book on him that is PROOF OF CAPTURE. If you subdue him (kill him and resurrect him) he will hand his killers the book (the leader if possible). It will have instructions on his disposition.

The beginning of this event is planned for SATURDAY NIGHT, APRIL 28. Unless I post otherwise, I will be out and about with him for ONE HOUR, from 9:00 to 10:00 Eastern. I will also post something to give a clue where he is (area-wise). I do not want it to be so easy that he is captured within five minutes, so do not expect the clue to be real clear, okay? =) You will have to do some guesswork.

Nothing else I can think of right now. Check back here as often as you can.

Again, please answer those war invites from FUGITIVE FROM JUSTICE (FGTV). Thanks!
Thraxas
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:13 am Post subject: A Couple of Things Reply with quote

If you see Typernion out after tonight (9:00 pm Eastern), he is fair game anywhere you find him. Remember if you do not war him, either by sending me a war invite or accepting mine, he will appear blue to you. I refuse to do any emote arrest stuff with him; he will recall away or escape in some fashion. You must actually subdue him to capture him. Emote stuff is for the birds IMO. Anyway, get those invites in and watch for the clue I will post on the CROSSROADS forum prior to the hunt. Good luck!
Thraxas
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:04 pm Post subject: Update: New Clues Reply with quote

Next time I will disclose the facet upon which he is.

Also, he will NOT be in Ten-Mur. The account I am using does not have the new expansion.

He WILL move around, so while he may be in the same place twice, most likely it will not be back to back.

The next hunt is set for Saturday night, but I am playing him to keep building his skills. I may take him Tuesday night to finish the Arcanist quest, as I want him to have those powers. So if you see him Tuesday night (May 1), take no action please.

Addendum: This is not a scripted quest! If you capture him, he is yours to do with as you will. If you want to harbor him, fine. If you want the reward, just as good. I will not tie your hands, so call it like your character would see it. I want some good, random, role play

P. S. Please accept those war invites!
Merci d'Rue
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Do with as I please?

You sure about that? *grins*

Anyhow I am sorry I have not been able to attend these I have been as ussual busy with family things on Saturday nights and dont get on till late.

However perhaps i will find myself free one of these saturdays... to use my Killer instincts.

See yas!
Thraxas
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:17 pm Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I was asked how a player might know the clues given. Good question and I will answer it here.

Thraxas has a large network of agents of all types. He sends word to the main leaders who spread the word to their underlings, who do likewise on down the line. Eventually, and soon enough, word is overheard in a tavern, or at a bank, about the information Thraxas gave as clues to find him. You may assume your character overheard it there, or else, if you are a GM, perhaps an agent of yours got word being a double or multiple agent, or maybe if your guild is in the MU or an affiliate, Thraxas tells you directly. There are other ways the information is disseminated, but those will do.

Also, if you find him, and are highlighted, you will "know" he is a criminal even if you have not seen him or the wanted posters (though they are all over the place and you could hardly miss one). He has been cursed, and part of it is that... he exudes an aura of danger, threat, and harm which impels many to attack him, much as one would when a snake is spotted... it is automatic. One would tend to "shoot first, ask questions later." An additional part of the curse is that he cannot recall away if you attack him and are highlighted (I think I mentioned that before). He won't know this and may try, but will fail.
Thraxas
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:37 am Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Although Typernion has been found, the role play with him will continue. Although he will not try to escape his present captors, a lot of things could still happen.

My thanks to those who participated in the hunt: Cear, Molly, Judas and Jolicia, and any others I don't know of, or who had the desire but no opportunity. I had a great time with this and plan to enjoy it more. The stories will continue (for good or ill) but, for now, the hunt is over.

The stone will remain viable. If you have an event or character you want to use as a fugitive, let me know and I will put him or her on it gladly.
Bree'Dorian Armunn
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thraxas, thanks for creating something that seemed to be fun for everyone to enjoy. I wasnt able to play UO like I wanted lately until just a cpl of days ago and wanted to take part. My loss. (this is Ditto/Imryrr btw) I just wanted you to know that eventhough I didnt take part other than keeping my eyes open, hoping to see him, it was appreciated very much.
*hugs*

Song for Bree

"Even though Imryrr took more after myself, I predict that Bree will be able to shape the land through whispers in diplomats' ears..."
- Lord Tarothin Armunn
Thraxas
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Bree'Dorian Armunn wrote:
Thraxas, thanks for creating something that seemed to be fun for everyone to enjoy. I wasnt able to play UO like I wanted lately until just a cpl of days ago and wanted to take part. My loss. (this is Ditto/Imryrr btw) I just wanted you to know that eventhough I didnt take part other than keeping my eyes open, hoping to see him, it was appreciated very much.
*hugs*
It occurred to me that the bounty is still good since he is not yet in jail... sooooo... there is still a chance he could be kidnapped and delivered to Thraxas. =) In short, there IS still the bounty even if the hunt is no longer part of the event. And you're welcome... glad I was able to get something interesting going for everyone to take part in.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> News and Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: