Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Letter to Tarothin

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Messenger's Log
View previous topic :: View next topic
Itannar
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:13 am Post subject: Letter to Tarothin Reply with quote

A somewhat nervous courier has delivered the following letter to the residence of Lord Tarothin:

"Greetings Lord Tarothin,

I am Lord Itannar Darkanor who has the oversight of a small hamlet known as Alderglen. We have few residents, but do boast of a place of learning called the Academy of Alderglen. In the past, I swore fealty to the Emperor of Blackmarsh, but I was released from his service some time back. I do not know much about you, nor have we ever met, and that is my fault, but I have heard of your visit to Minoc recently. I want you to know that my lands are open to your commutation to Yew, Felucca, and the Academy is also available to you should you wish to conduct studies there in whatever subjects you deign fit to teach. I have no censorship in anything taught, as knowledge is the thing sought regardless of its nature. It is up to the instructor to convey their ideas and concepts in such manner as to promote acceptance among students or, in failing that, to invite rejection.

In short, I welcome you and yours to my domain. The hamlet exists just below the Shrine of Justice, on a jut of land which has long been called Horse Head Bay. Visit any time you wish. I would be honored to meet you in person at your convenience. Please accept this as an invitation to dine with me as well.

Your Humble Servant,
Itannar Darkanor
Lord of Alderglen"

Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Itannar,

If it was your intention to swear fealty to me and have oblivion taught within your Academy, then I would gladly accept and meet with you.

If not, then I our meeting will have to come at a... later time.

*signed*
Lord Tarothin Armunn
The Dark Order
Paladin of Oblivion
Itannar
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:14 pm Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

"Lord Tarothin,

Greetings.

I am familiar with the philosophy or religion that you mentioned in your letter, and the topic is quite within bounds to be taught at the Academy, naturally, so that assumption is true. However, until I can know more of you, any oath would be based upon ignorance or carelessness. What ruler would value such a promise anyway? True loyalty is found in action, not mere words or even promises.

However, should we meet in person and speak casually, such a thing might be possible, and I would not disdain such an opportunity.

But it may be that you are quite occupied at the moment, so now may not be the best time. However, should you visit, know that you and yours will be welcomed in Alderglen.

Your Humble Servant,
Itannar Darkanor
Lord of Alderglen
"
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Itannar,

You mistake me for someone that cares about what my subjects think of me. I am not some lightbringer guild that wishes to serve the people. They are meant to serve me. I rule with an iron fist. The only true way to bring about order to this world. Their loyalty is of no concern. They will either do so in life, or in death. Either way the end result is the same.

I'm sorry if you mistook my previous message as a question. For you see, in time everything will be under our shadow. Even your tucked away Academy.

But since I can be a... forgiving man, I will give you the chance to bow down before me prior to the time that my armies sweep over the land. After all, you are correct. Actions do make more of in impact than words.

I would though prefer that my subjects had a little more... kick to them.

*signed*
Lord Tarothin Armunn
The Dark Order
Paladin of Oblivion
Itannar
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Itannar read the letter and laid it on his desk. He smiled to himself. Yet another... ah well, I shall live to see him pass away as all the others. Unlike tyrants, Alderglen abides forever.

Itannar quickly penned a final letter:

"Lord Tarothin,

Greetings,

The tone of your last missive has made it abundantly clear not only who you are but what you are. As such, I do not need to meet you after all, nor would I care to for that matter. My kind offer for you to visit is hereby rescinded. I shall treat you as I would any other nuisance should you appear on my lands. Many before you have made similar claims and I have watched them vanish. So shall it be with you, your Majesty.

Although I never shall be one of your subjects, I will be happy to render to you the kick you seem anxious to receive.

Your Humble Prophet,
Lord Itannar Darkanor
Lord of Alderglen"

He sealed it with a smile. I hope he finds my replies as amusing And sends it by an expendable non-human courier.
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

*starts to read it but stops when nothing within suggested that he would swear fealty*

*shrugs and crumples up the paper*
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Messenger's Log All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: