Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Well...

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Dark Order
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:58 am Post subject: Well... Reply with quote

The summer and a lack of active community kinda sucks.

We have to postpone us taking over the world since that would consist of taking over 10-20 people....

Starting this I didn't take into account that there wasn't enough people within the community itself that is active for such a large plot. I had thought there were more people around. I also wasn't expecting so many people to take the summer off.

So in the meantime we will just keep the four area's we control, possible re-take Dark Cove since it wouldn't take much to get that cursed land back. And just do small stuff.

Continue on and just have fun.

I will have to take some time off. My last day at my job is next week and so will have to reorganize a few things and also I'll be on vacation a good solid 4 weeks in august/september.

If someone can place hold the gladiator pits for me, or actually keep it for free then let me know. Because when I come back I would want to snag another house in Caina anyways.

The last arena night showed me that some people within the community forgot that we do those nights for the communities enjoyment and not our own. So I'm not even sure if we should bother continuing that because of that as well as lack of active people in the community to do something like that.

But it's up to Imryrr since she is the GM of DO.

Anyways, like before she is the GM, in total control, and she will continue leading you peeps and I will help out rp wise where I can on the forums, etc.
Grignag
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:23 pm Post subject: Re: Well... Reply with quote

Tarothin Armunn wrote:

The last arena night showed me that some people within the community forgot that we do those nights for the communities enjoyment and not our own. So I'm not even sure if we should bother continuing that because of that as well as lack of active people in the community to do something like that.

As a general rule, don't do anything "for the community". Do it for the fun of it and keep it open for the community to be involved. I've done a number of activities in which the community was invited. Sometimes they showed up, sometimes they did. Sometimes it was just me and one other person RPing. Sometimes it turned into a 3 way battle involved 30+ people. Either way I had a good time. If D|O enjoys knocking the stuffing out of each other in the arena nights, then keep going and remind people they are free to jump in.

And on that note, enjoy your vaycay, good sir.

Can't we all just get along? No? Excellent.
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:25 am Post subject: Re: Well... Reply with quote

Grignag wrote:

As a general rule, don't do anything "for the community". Do it for the fun of it and keep it open for the community to be involved.

Pretty much this. Try to do something for the community as a whole, and you'll just get bit in the ass. But if you do something fun with the concentration of providing a good time for your guild members, yet at the same time opening it up to everyone, you'll have a much better time.
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

True.

And I can't wait for the vaca: 5 days in Canada on a lake house, Two weeks in Russia and one week in Paris right after. Then the first week of Oct I'll be on the beach in South Carolina.

Smile
Lady Ditto Armunn
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyyyy, you didnt mention a lake house. *is so jealous now* Alot of spooky cool stuff happens in the movies in lake houses. hmmm, on 2nd thought, I'm not jealous of the vaca. Just uhhh... come back alive w/o any viruses, monsters, canibals, or bigfoots.

Imy will be around soonish, now that my head is on kinda straight, or at least straight enough to log in to UO this weekend.

D|O isn't getting shelved. At least thats what G quickly corrected me from saying once. lol It's going to be on a 'just doing our own leisurely thing' hiatus, possibly low-key til autumn when UO activity picks back up. So yeah, all that stuff G said up there. I have some stuff going on irl so, good timing I guess?

Quote:
If D|O enjoys knocking the stuffing out of each other in the arena nights, then keep going and remind people they are free to jump in.

I LOVE that line.
We enjoy knocking the stuffing out of anybody, but when no one else feels up to it, yeah, we'll beat on ea other. It's funnnn.

=Left Hand Suzuki Method=
Quote: "Oh Great! First I get stabbed and now I'm bleeding!" - Ditto
Tarothin Armunn Quote: "I know and I have mood swings like a pregnant woman at times. :/ I'm very random."
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Dark Order All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: