Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Missive to Regent Thraxas

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Messenger's Log
View previous topic :: View next topic
Thraxas
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:05 am Post subject: Missive to Regent Thraxas Reply with quote

A trusted courier has delivered the following, sealed, letter to Thraxas at his castle.

"My Liege,

Greetings.

It has come to my attention that Lady Deminatza is in very grave danger. Lord Scar has been seen in Umbra questioning people there about a thoroughly vile man named Darthos, a known vampyre and criminal who has been in the employ of a madman intent upon harming the Lady. My sources indicate that the two of them could be conspiring to abduct her and hand her over to him. If this happens, then you surely would hold me at my word and punish me for my inability to protect her. As it stands, I cannot do anything to stop these men. I must count upon you to do that from now on.

I know you are friends with the man, Scar, but I assure you he is not at all as he seems. His great-grandfather is a vile necromancer of the same name, whose sorceries caused many deaths and great harm to people living in another realm which mirrors our own. That is the man known as the "Elder" as he is the Elder Scaramandine, after whom his great-grandson is named. He is the madman of whom I speak. It is my belief that both of them are working together for the same purpose and it has something to do with the Lady Deminatza and his need to possess her.

This knowledge came to me quite by accident, but I deem it most trustworthy. I have tried to keep them apart as best I could, but with the vampyre's aid, I fear I may be out of my league with them both.

Please see to it that she is protected from them all. I shall keep you informed, but I ask that you do so to me as well. My concern and fatherly affection toward the young lady is well-known and based upon a promise I made to her deceased father... that I would always look after her.

I trust you with this information and with her life.

Ever thy humble servant,
Father Balzar
Yew Abbey"

Thraxas
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:01 pm Post subject: Thraxas' Reply Reply with quote

The courier returns with a reply.

Dear Father Balzar,

I will be looking into these matters and if they are as you describe, I will make all necessary arrangements to protect the fair Lady. Since she is out of your sight, and therefore protective sphere of influence, I release you from the demands I made upon you for her protection. You need not concern yourself for her anymore as I release you also from any vows you gave to her father about her. I insist you accept this, my gift to you. From henceforth, I will look after her myself and will take whatever precautions are needed to ensure her continued safety from all who would wish to harm her.

You need not dispose of this letter once you have read it, but I suggest you toss it in the nearest brazier for your own sake.

I will call upon you soon when I have things ordered as I want them to be.

Respectfully,
Thraxas
Lord Regent of Yew"

Upon reading it, Bazar did as instructed but just in time. The parchment exploded into flaming pieces and was entirely destroyed.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Messenger's Log All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: