Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

A Dark Sunrise

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Valaric
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:46 pm Post subject: A Dark Sunrise Reply with quote

I stood upon the grass, wondering how I arrived here. My eyes gazed upwards upon the massive stone Keep. Around me birds could be heard within the trees, slight movements within the brush a distance off. And the ever smell of the sea upon my nose. My eyes begin to move down as I look upon the armor upon me, it was not my own yet the feel of steel upon my flesh did not seem like such a stranger. I slowly ascended the steps and knocked loudly upon the Keep. A women answered the door and I looked over her but a moment, she appeared hard as stone yet in a odd way delicate. One thing was for certain... she is not one to be crossed...

...five weeks earlier...

My first memory was darkness. Never ending darkness. Then in a brilliant flash I was back. My eyes burned as the sunlight danced across me. My throat was raw and skin never felt more itchy as the sand was matted all over my body. Many minutes pasted as I lay there in pain. My legs felt completely num and slowly realized they lay within something wet. I tried to lift my head and instantly felt my head ache horribly. My eyes shut as I lifted my hand and felt a cool liquid upon the side of my head, as I removed my hand I opened my eyes and saw blood. slowly rolling to my side, I could see more around me. I was upon a beach, where I did not know. I looked down and saw that I have some simple clothing upon me. I had nothing but an engraved ring upon my finger. A few moments later I saw her, she stood a few paces behind me and remained silent and still. I thought her a native of wherever this place was, yet how wrong I found this to be. She slowly waved a hand towards me and I felt strength returning to my limbs. I eventually stood, my head pounding, I took a step towards her. She was polite enough, yet quite to the point. She asked how I came to be alone on this beach. I searched for the answer but none came. She asked where I traveled from and where it was I called home, again I searched for an answer yet found none. She asked my name, again I searched my thoughts yet here I found some measure of success... "Valaric" I uttered in a raspy voice. She said little else yet studied me for what seemed hours. She eventually smiled and told me she has a purpose for me, and if I should follow her she shall find a way to return my memories. I stepped to her side and as we left the beach and entered the woods she simply said, "I am Terra."

...five weeks later...

So here I am. In this large throne room of sorts. Dressed in finely crafted armor the color of night and a cloak the color of blood. I spoke with the woman for some time. I had met others of her clan, yet she seemed much different. I felt as if she would just as likely attempt to slit my throat as she would offer a kind word. Several minutes passed in more idle conversation before she finally said it. "You shall be our Ambassador." I could not fully understand why this came to be. Perhaps she too saw something within me that I did not know or remember was there. Did she know who I truly am? I felt relief for certain, yet at the same time wondered about the path before me. There was much to learn in little time. So I asked all the questions that came to mind and she answered each and every one. When the hour came that I needed to depart, I stood and bowed to her. "I shall see you soon Lady Armunn."
Valaric
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Time went on, yet my memory remained in the dark. I had taken my role as Ambassador of the Dark Order, to speak on behalf of the Order itself yet I cannot help but wonder what my true role is. I attended the call of all clans, to which they now call themselves the General Assembly. A night I wish would remain part of my forgotten memory for certain. A few rather odd skeletons rambling on of the rights of a few bones in the soil. A colorful man in a jester suit who may of been insane. Lady Tatiana was there as well, it was nice to see her again. It seems that she spoke for another whom called themselves the Maritime Union. And of course one from the city of Moonglow. There may of been one or two others yet their presense did not seem to stick to memory. It had been rather surprising to say the least, I had heard decent amount of individuals talking up this gathering yet so few representatives actually arrived. Perhaps the Britannian cities had little to no interest, with the exception of Moonglow, and perhaps there were few other clans left about the world. As I sat at the table, I could not help but wonder if a representative was from the same lands I once called home.

The thing spoke again, snapping me to the present, anger rising within me and I could feel my hand touching the hilt of my weapon. It again suggested that I was a mere puppet of Lady Armunn.

The first meeting continued, yet I held little interest. I would say I hope future meetings shall prove interesting and useful but I seem to have my doubts. Yet, it does not mean all is lost. These little gatherings could hold a hidden meaning for myself. Yes. I should start at once. I had gone quite some time without seeing the one who found me. Terra had been absent a lot lately and I am not sure the reason. Perhaps it is time I take more matters into my own hands.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: