Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Vesper Times - September Campaign Issue

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Messenger's Log
View previous topic :: View next topic
Khaleesi
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:02 pm Post subject: Vesper Times - September Campaign Issue Reply with quote

Vesper Times… Special Campaign Edition- September 2013

It has been an honor to be one of the Founding Governors in the first term of service to the realm. The last three months have been filled with many magnificent experiences, sensational adventures and many new friends. From the onset of this endeavor, we did not really know what lie ahead; what was expected of us. So here we stand at the fork, gauging the paths ahead of us, to serve the citizens once again or choose another course. I encourage you all to get involved, be a part of your community, this is just the start. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step “[Lao Tzu] and this has been a giant one I thank all the wonderful citizens who have supported me.
I wish to seek another term of office, and humbly ask that you vote for me. I will do my best to continue the path that we have forged here in Vesper. My desire is…
• To see more involvement in the governing structure, to create a council that meets, discusses and acts on what the citizens feel most important.
• A planned tavern night every month, with a visiting bartender who may promote and introduce us to their spirits and wares.

• To be an ambassador among the other cities to promote good will, kinship and an open forum for role-play for the light at heart to the serious role-player alike.

• To promote the growth of Vesper in trade and population.

• To monitor the development of the stables promised by the King during the first counsel meeting.

I promise, to the best of my ability, to continue to cultivate Vesper, to encourage its citizens, and bring Vesper into revitalization that will inspire the realm.

I beseech thee… Vote for …….

Khaleesi

Tavern Night @ Marsh Hall ….

Bodhiharma, Vesper’s Brewmaster planned a festive evening of Spirits in the Marsh Hall and a tour of
The Busy Bees, which has been his makeshift distillery. He had hoped to debut his latest special blend of Mead to all. He issued a special invitation to our EM, Bennu who honored us with his wit and humor throughout the evening. Unfortunately, Bo set sail the evening before and has not been seen. In his absence, Hendall, the proprietor of The Serpent’s Cross Tavern plied us with a vast selection of Yew’s wine as well as Bo’s. It was a recipe for amusement with a raffle, a lot of drinking and a variety of personalities to bring on the party!

Missing Person’s Bulletin

Bodhiharma was last spotted loading empty kegs onto his ship, The Satisfaction. He noted only one town as a destination; Nujelm. It is believed that he had other stops but did not volunteer that information. There have been many that have alluded to the ominous presence of pirates in our waters. Could there be something amiss in Nujelm that has gone unnoticed? Vesper is setting a
$ 10 million dollar reward for the safe return of Vesper’s said Brewster/Privateer Bodhiharma. Many kind souls have voiced their support and volunteered to search for our dear friend. Bring Bo home to Vesper!

Protection of the Great Hart Act

The citizens of Vesper requested that a protection act be drawn up and enacted which lists the White Hart as an Endangered Species at the last counsel meeting. There had been reports of poaching activity on the outskirts of town after a sighting of the Great Hart. Governor Khaleesi appealed to the king that Vesper’s as well as the surrounding town’s duty to ensure the safety of this sacred creature by prohibiting any action that causes harm, killing, and any foreign trading of the “White Hart”. Any offender shall be punished to the full extent of the law. A reward has been set of $100,000 for any information leading to the arrest of these rustlers. The King stood almost immediately and with a commanding tone set forth a detailed treaty declaring:
“By my command, King Blackthorn of Britannia, I hereby declare the White Hart under direct Ownership of the crown. Any sport hunting or general disruption of the creature is to be considered an act of Treason. Poaching of the White Hart shall be punishable by Forfeiture of Titles, Confiscation of Wealth...And Death.”

Vesper’s Open Trade Negotiations

We have also begun talks with the Emerald Trading Company and Vesper is their next scheduled stop, Wednesday, Sept 4. It is our plan to expand our trade route to include areas we have not explored as yet and search for the unique items our customers’ request. We have been active in our quest by contracting more privateers, not only in Vesper but surrounding areas. We hope to secure a contract in the near future after the election to further our relations with Emerald Trading Company.

Vesper Carnival- August 24th, 2013

Vesper had an awesome turn out for the Carnival! The Booths were all fairly active, from the Knife Throwing Extravaganza, to the Strongman’s Challenge. The “Women-made” pool was very popular as was the Tavern! Many runs to restock the booze were made! The Kissing Booth, Raven’s Pie Contest, Dead Man’s Roulette, as well as Flair’s Archery Contest were successful in bringing in gold for the town’s trade deals! For those of you who joined in the fun that evening, it’s been rumored that the Llama’s Petting Zoo was by far most entertaining. As the carnival was to during the welcoming speech, a concerned Trinsic citizen approached with in a request to assist Trinsic in the docking of their ship! It was a priority as all the booze for the evening’s festivities was on the ship!

Wood Bevils

As the carnival preparations were to begin, the Vesper fleet was inspected head to toe! Much to their chagrin, wood shavings were found on many ships! Curiously lil mouse-like creatures scurried from the floors beneath. A suspicious-looking rat was found during the celebration blatantly gnawing at the railings of Vesper’s Britannian Ship. Would Magincia have anything to do with this!!!!!!!!!!

Up and Coming Events
Goodman Memorial * TONIGHT *
Sept 2nd 7:30 pm EST
Yew Archery Contest
Sept 3rd 8:30 pm EST
Traveling Store
Sept 4th 9:00 pm EST
Election Night
Sept 14th Times to be announced!!!!!!
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Messenger's Log All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: