Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

A battle of Chaos

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tarothin Armunn
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:07 pm Post subject: A battle of Chaos Reply with quote

After speeches were made and the boosting of moral, the armies of the Dark Order, Drow and Orc's swept upon the city of Luna. We attacked from the North gate againt the forces of light. Knowing that they were greatly outnumbered they clashed hard against the gate and it's defenders. Chaos had erupted in Luna.

A defening noise could be heard for miles away. The sounds of metal upon metal, of men screaming out in pain or out in difiance. The sounds of horses and swamp dragons, the noise of horns, and the explosions of spells. Men and women were battling everywhere around me. With a great amount of humidity in the city and a strange tranquil serenity, time seemed to stand still. My mind was of its own control. I can see my arm working tirelessly when enemies came forward, yet I seemed to have no control of my movements. I saw men fall around me, then I saw my love Ditto fall as well. And I was powerless to prevent it. All I could do was fend off my attackers.

Near the end of the battle I started to feel my movements and could move more freely. I saw few men alive on both sides still fighting. I was giving out orders, when I came upon...or I should say they came upon me, vaen swiftar and a group of men. Almost instantly they attacked. Being outnumbered seven to one I had to flee and heal. Hoping that they would split up into a smaller group. I had thought they had when I did heal myself to a degree I only saw vaen behind me. I was wrong, the rest followed around the corner. I saw vaen hop down from his mount to better swing a bola, and so I tried to escape. But I knew it was to late as the bola knocked me off my mount. Hurrying to my feet I turned around in time to block the first swing. That was when multiple spells hit me. Channeling energy from the spirits bought me time. As I tried to remount, I was surrounded on all sides. There was no escape. More spells hit as well as the bite of slashing swords. Then I saw blackness.

After a short time, my body regenerated enough for me to weakly stand up and remount. I saw a bloody Ditto and Maximus outside Luna, and so we gated to our fall back area just incase this were to happen. There were a few men there healing wounds and cramped in pain. Over time more of our troops and our allies troops trickled to the area.

I got a message telling me there were people alive on both sides still fighting yet they were growing tired from the long battle. I sent a message out to call the forces back. When we heal and strengthen we shall attack Luna again. This war is far from over.
Grig'nag da Mojo
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:52 pm Post subject: The Orcish View Reply with quote

The battle thus far had been a cross between a dream and a nightmare. The rallying cries, the sight of so many orc united for this battle...all of it lead to certain euphoria in Grig'nag as he tried to stand calm and at attention in line. Chants began to move through the orc lines as the moment of battle approached. A deafening "HOWAAAAAH!" rumbled through the orc lines as they began to surge forward into the city.

Grig'nag's mind was focused and ready for the battle up ahead. What he was NOT ready for was the massive mud puddle that awaited him at the entrance. His mount stumbled and returned to the ether as Grig fell into the puddle, burying him to the waist. Looking at the others continuing on he reached inside himself and pulled out the best way of describing his feeling at the moment. "Diz ib a bunch ub pug kwap!!!"

As he continued to struggle to get out (which only succeeded in getting him in deeper) he looked up on the wall to see mages raining fire upon the soliders below. This did more then panic the sinking orc. It sent him into a frenzy that only a simple-minded orc like Grig'nag could get himself into. He finally calmed himself by the time the mud had reached his chin. "Meeb nub likin diz battul vewi mojo..." he said outloud to no one in particular. As he continued to slowly sink Grig finally decided to resort to some basic magic. He so hated doing that. By this time the mud was up to his forhead so all he could do was wave his hands above his head to complete the incantation as he gurgled out the words.

He arrived outside of Luna, free of the mud. He rearmed himself and charged back in, watching out for mud puddles that time. As he met up with the rest of the orcs, he found that half their number had already been depleted. The orcs rallied together as they took to the gates to clear out the mages and warriors. After several passes the mages that rained death from above had been dealt with, and the orcs began clearing out whatever enemy presence they could find. Before long though, the war horns blasted the call to retreat. The orcs looked between each other confusedly. "Doh's hummies ekspekt uz tu retweat?! Now?! Weh ib doin fine!" one of the orcs called out. The war horns trumpted retreat again and the orcs all snorted in disgust. "Bah. Weeb beh bak orcs. Nub ju wurri. Diz nub obur yed." Grig'nag stated as he turned his mount towards the North gate and sped off with the other orcs in pursuit.

Can't we all just get along? No? Excellent.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: