Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Velma of the KOS

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Sadira Reflov
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:37 am Post subject: Velma of the KOS Reply with quote

Velma was the first born of 3 daughters to Charles and Leetah Nuland. Her mother was an elven healer and her father a human farmer. They lived on a farm on the outskirts of Haven. Her mother died a year after giving birth to her youngest sister, Misha. Though Velma was only 5 years old at the time, the memory of that day still haunts her. Her father had lost hope for a few year after the death of her mother, which left Velma in charge of tending to the farm and the younger siblings. She was glad that the neighbors helped in fixing food and the such. She tended to what she could and slowly grew strong from doing such. When she reached the age of 8, her father finally came to his senses, realizing though his beautiful wife was gone, he did have 3 daughters that needed him and each had their own little reminder of his late wife. Velma helped him on the farm, as she was getting good with farm chores, while Naissia slowly took over the role of cook and the care of Misha. As the years went by, they slowly became a complete family again. Unfortunately as fate would have it, it would not last long. Charles past of those years he was gone would soon catch up with him. He had drank and gambled much of their money. They had just enough to live by but their life was depended upon their fields.

One day when Velma was 17, she was sent out to the store to buy some flour and honey for a cake that Naissia was going to bake. When she returned home, she heard several men shoutings. She hide behind their gate and saw these men having a shouting match with her father. Two of them drew their weapons and started at Charles and Misha. Velma was frozen for a moment. She could not believe her eyes, someone was actually attacking her family. She saw a fierceness in her father, as he pushed Misha back inside the house, and drew his own weapon. She didn't have a weapon..or anything but there was a loose board on the gate. Tugging and pulling at it, she finally got it loose enough to rip off the rest of the way. Just then she saw Naissia on the other side, frozen in her tracks. One of the men smiling upon the young girl made a move towards her. Charles screaming for Naissia to move but that was cut short with a loud scream. Velma's eyes went towards where her father was standing seeing him collapsed to the ground on his knees..blood covering his shirt. This threw Velma into a rage, and she went hollaring like a mad woman, down to the house swinging the board about wildly. She looked fraile and most men misjudged her strength. She usually wore large robes or such to cover her form. In a blinded fury, she took two men down, not realizing one had gotten her. The adrenaline rushing through her viens, she continued on running towards two more men. She didn't realize it, but at this time Naissia had made it to her father and took up his sword and tried to help him into the house. Once he was inside, Naissia soon joined her sister in ridding their home of the filth. With a bloody rusted nail at the end of the board that Velma was swinging, she put two more men down, Naissia was able to get two men herself. There stood only one man left, his eyes widen in shock that these small girls could do such. He rode off on his horse cursing them and swearing he would get his revenge upon them. Velma collapsed to the ground, her heart racing and the pain from her wound finally taking hold of her.

"Oh SH*T!"

She said as she dropped the board and looked at her arm. Naissia, offered her hand to her sister, whom took it and then proceeded to help her to the house. Once inside they saw Misha crying, her hands covered in their fathers blood. Their father laying there motionless. Velma's eyes flared again with anger. Naissia sat her sister down, knowing that it was too late for their father, but not their sister. She then went to their mothers healing kit and took a few things she would need. She had been studying abit with the local healer and knew abit of what was needed for such a wound. She then went and bandaged Velma's wound. Velma then started to cry. Another memory yet to haunt her in her lifetime. She had held strong since the day her mother died, never once shedding a tear. Naissia seemingly shocked, as she never saw her sister cry. Naissia wrapped her arms about Velma and hugged her then they both went to their youngest sister and held her. All three girls cried for their loss. Later that day, they buried their father in the grave next to their mother.

A few weeks passed and Velma was getting restless. The farm no longer seemed like her home, and the last words of the last man standing that night...haunted her dreams. She called for a family conference.

"Alright, our fields are not doing soo well, and we still have those debts that father has ran up. I am sure those Brinagades will be back..to get revenge upon us. Since I am the eldest and its my duty to take care of you two, I have come to a decision that I need to leave."

Both sisters gasped in disbelief of what their sister was saying. Naissia spoke up.

"Vel, what do you mean leave? You are the strongest of us three and well what do you expect us to do? While you are off doing whatever it is you think you will be doing. What would father say?"

Velma just glared at her sister.

"Listen Nai..this is what needs to be done. I will get a job and what ever money I make on it, I will send you two half..if not more. Depends on how much I get and what I need to survive. But you will get at least half. As for what father would say, he would agree. This farm has been in our family for several generations. I am not about to let 3 years of weakness on fathers part to take that way. I am the eldest and what I say goes. Nai...you need to teach Misha..how to use a weapon. You are very good with the sword...I saw you with fathers sword, you must have been practicing. I will inform the guards of the city, perhaps they can take a trip or two down around this way to ensure you two are alright. My mind is made up. I leave in the morning."

Misha shook her head.

"in the morning? Why so soon Vel? I think you need to think this out more."

Velma shook her head.

"Misha there is nothing more to think on. I have spent weeks on this...do not make this seem like its easy for me...cause its not. I know what is best for you...you will understand more when you grow up."

Misha figthing back the tears stands up.

"Fine fine fine! Sure go ahead..its not like we lost enough family as it is....what's losing a sister if you already lost your parents. You are being a fool Vel!"

Velma's eyes snapped to Misha.

"Misha Renee do NOT use that tone with me child. I am the oldest and therefore I know what is right and wrong. You are lucky to even know your name let alone anything else. You are the one being foolish if you think I am going to let this farm rot like our parents bodies."

Misha just ran out the door and into the field. Velma was about to head out after her, when Naissia took her arm.

"Vel, let her go...remember as you say you are the oldest..therefore she is the youngest. All she is seeing right now..is losing another parent...after having lost two already."

Velma shakes her head and sighs.

"Indeed you are right."

With the scene that went on that early eve, everyone went to bed that night. No voices wished each other a good night, only silence greeted them as they awaited the sandmans visit for rest. All except Velma, that is.

Velma had left that evening not wanting to deal with goodbyes and figuring it would be better for all three. Perhaps if her sister Misha was still mad at her, it would be less painful for her to let Velma go. She did leave a note, informing them they would be hearing from her in a weeks time with hopefully some money. She went to the local store and sold some items to get some clothing. She bought large men outfits and the such. She then cut her hair. She knew in order to make any kind of money, she would need a job that would require her being a boy instead of a girl. Dressed in bulky clothes to hide her female form, and with her hair cut short, she traveled to the docks of Trinsic. There she was able to get a job as a cabin boy on a ship.

For two years she traveled the seas and slowly took a liking to ale. She noticed her favorite brew however was Nu'jeloms brand. It was more fullfiling and sweet tasting. Her strength along with her wardrobe and fancy to the liquid spirts (able to outdrink just about any sailor) not many were wise to the fact their cabin boy was actually a girl. Over the weeks as she got paid, she sent money to her sisters. One night, when she just turned 19, the captain of the ship burned his boat down, with nearly half his crew with it. They were docked abit out from an island called Fire isle. Which when she found out thought of the irony of it all. Her captain, Richard, got drunk along with the guards for that evening. They were so loud, that Velma found it hard to sleep. When most of the crew passed out, a few moments later, Velma smelt smoke. quickly moving to the deck, she saw some of the cargo they were carrying had burst into flames. She at first tried to put it out, but with the breeze coming from the east, it proved a futile fight. She then went to the dinner bell beating it with all her strength. The sound carried out on the ocean waves, she could swear boats miles away could hear it. Only a few was sober enough to arouse out of their sleeping stupor. Once they were awake enough, they sensed the danger and then fled the boat in the life rafts. Men jumping over board, running each other over, she couldn't believe her eyes. She fought through the smoke to search for her captian. Sure she recalls the old..down with your ship..is the captians way to go, but it wasn't hers. She denied the attraction that she felt for him over the years. She feared he would reject her then toss her off the ship, leaving her jobless. Her family came before herself. She finally found him passed out on the floor going towards his quarters. Before she could reach him the floor from the upper deck had weakened and fell blocking her from reaching him. She cried out when Jonah took hold of her and carried her, kicking and yelling, to the top deck then threw her overboard. With a spalsh she came back uyp coughing and spitting out the salty water.

"Damnit Jon couldn't you have at least warned me."

He just looked at her with a raised brow, then down at her chest. Her shirt that was now soaked, stucked to her like a second wrinkly layer of skin.

"Mmmm you mean the same way you warned us about your true self Vic? Or is it Victoria?"

She was stunned then it came to her, his grabbing her, and now her ...oh dear.

"Its Velma."

She says with a low mutter. Jon just shook his head. and looked as the ship slowly burned away.

"Well Velma, I dont think that matters much now, do you? How many was able to get off the ship?"

She pondered the thought for a moment.

"I would say..maybe 10....that leaves about9 unaccounted for..not including the capt."

They waded in the water for a few hours, slowly getting tired, when one of the life board came by to see if there were any survivors. Spotting Jonah and Velma, they made their way to them quickly helping them up and then made their way to fire island. Jonah had his family on the island, and from there, they could be taken to any city they wished through a portal his fiancee could make. She choose to go to Brit.

She went to the bank after arriving and got enough money for some armor and a horse. She then traveled through the lands for a few weeks, dispatching of monsters. Loving the feel of their life slipping from their bodies and knowing she was the cause of ridding the world of all these vile creatures. During such trip along the road north of Brit, she ran into a man. This man was nice and helped her by healing her. They rode and talked for abit. He had introduced himself as Sir Robert, a Knight of a guild called the Knights of Sosaria. The more he spoke on it, the more she was drawn into the idea of it. He handed her an application on her request. She thanked him and then went on her way to an Inn to fill it out. She found her way to their guild house where she dropped off the application. And the rest is what she would say...is History.

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: