Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Humanis Battle Rules

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mark Randerstill
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:01 pm Post subject: Humanis Battle Rules Reply with quote

Everyone can read this, think about it, and maybe you can consider it, but this is just what Humanis is doing. I want all the GMs to know what they will be getting into if they wish to have role-play war with Humanis.

Armor: GM crafted only. Humanis warriors all wear bronze armor. We could wear valorite for the extra resist, but the unity, and the fact that bronze is a guild color, makes it better in the end. Same applies to leather.

Melee Weapons: GM only. No other mods except 35 DI.

Archery Weapons: Spell Channeling bows are allowed if they are 35 DI or less. (This also works for those who use melee skills along with magery. 35% DI, SC, No Delay are legal.) Regular bows do not HAVE to be GM. They can be a magic bow that hits for type of damage (10 Phys, 20 Fire, 10 Cold, 30 Poison, 30 Energy type of thing.) 35 DI and no other mods. This is so that Archers can hit for more than just physical.

Jewelry: You can't police jewelry. There is no reason to even try. Use what you wish. You want to hide one of the artifact things uder your gloves, feel free. Ring of the Elements would be REALLY useful in this case.

Other Special Items: Reward cloaks and robes are legal. They add Three Physical, but to be honest, if it helps you obtain the look you want, then it is fine.

We do not require the people we fight to follow these rules. They may do as they wish for all we care. This is what we will be doing. If you wish to fight us and use your uber gear just for the ease in killing us, then please, do so.

Standard war rules also apply.
No looting.
One death.
No drobing.
Get the hell out of the way when you are dead.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Mark Randerstill
Dymm Crowley
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You make it sound like artifact jewelery is legal in H-H. Just clearing up that we don't allow artifacts. Mark was saying that, I think, to imply a simple honesty policy in RP guilds that can't really be checked.
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I applaud your "stand" on gear. It's an impossible standard for some but the rules Randerstill outlined are something we (GMs at least) should aspire for.

I get ganked no matter what I wear, so I should just do this Razz
Mark Randerstill
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't impossible, Bailos. The people in Humanis weren't walking around in GM gear before hand. We were equipped. Some of us WELL equipped. Thing is, my guys are more willing, for role-play, to use GM weapons. That is what makes it hard. The willingness of your people. Anyone that didn't want to adapt, I was going to boot or ask to leave. Which is harder for me than you think.

Anyways, no one has to adapt with us. It is just an idea that we are using. So far, it has worked well.
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

By impossible I meant a standard that many many would refuse to accept
Arieus De'Chevia
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see more reliance on skill rather that uber items.

I can see H*G battle rules moving this route as well. We have already seemed to establish GM armor and weapons only. I wish more folks would read the boards and get to the meeting so it doesn’t have to be repeated a million times. *shrug* just part of the job, I guess.
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I not only applaud it, my group will also join you. Our guild color is green and therefore will will have GM only Verite armor, and weps. I am glad to see things leaning tward the skill and cunning of the true warrior who fights for honor in battle whether he (or she) wins or looses. salute

Dybbuk
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll your deffinitly not the only ones using only GM equipment... I personaly use GM leather armor and a GM wep with no jewrey as my fighting gear, usually I am just in clothes and a GM wep, but thats not because I'm hardcore RP like your guys, I'm still stuck in the time of uo when you could pvp naked and do we'll if you had the skills... Not to mention Im dirt poor.
Tir'Og
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me.
I'll be talking to the Nobs about using those rules for any battles you want to have with us.
Lady De Vries
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yes and hopefully drw will also!!!!
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: