Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Alessandra/Katie

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
Alessandra
Babbling Loony
Babbling Loony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:53 pm Post subject: Alessandra/Katie Reply with quote

Hmm... where to begin...

My name is Katherine, but the only one who calls me by my full name is my father. Everyone else calls me either Kate or Katie. I am 25 years old. I have been married for almost 4 years and have 2 beautiful daughters. We live in VA and are in the process of trying to move to AZ, where there is free daycare (my parents) and hopefully I can finish my nursing degree. Very Happy

I was born in Vermont and lived there until I was 14 (minus 2 years spent in Maryland, and half a year in Lawrence, Massachusetts). Growing up I was always very active, into cheerleading, gymnastics, dance, etc. When I was 14 we moved to Maryland and I went to an all girls private school and it was there that I turned into a self proclaimed computer geek. I taught myself basic programming and html and during study hall and lunch I would spend my time in the computer lab playing games.

It was when I went to college that I blew my knee out during a pick up football game and thus ending my cheerleading/dance career. I was totally bummed and one of the guys I hung out with invited me to the computer lab to play Quake... I was hooked from the first night.

Fast forward 3 years... My husband and I were working in Charlottesville when a computer gaming company came to the area and was looking for technical reps. My husband right away applied. I was not and never will be interested in being a technical support rep. I hate stupid people. It was through him however that I met a very good friend who introduced me to the life of QA. Well, long story short, between my husband and our friends from work I was hooked on UO very quickly. I started out on Legends and Chesepeake, cause that was where my friends all played. In March of 2001, however, the unnamed company closed it's doors in Charlottesville. We had a choice to either stay in VA unemployed, or to move to Los Angeles, and hope that there would be a job for us out there. Since I was then pregnant with our first daughter, and we had family here in VA, the choice was easy, and we stayed here. Over the next 2 years most of our friends from Charlottesville moved on, either to California, or elsewhere, but no one really played anymore, and I was too busy with an infant and a job to play a "stupid game". This was about the same time my account got wiped out and that to me was just a sign. Why I never cleaned out/sold my accounts is beyond me...

In the winter of 2003 I started to get interested in playing games again and played The Sims on end for months and months. My husband asked if we still had our UO accounts and I figured by then they would be long gone, but when I logged in, we still had everything. After a week on Legends though I was bored with PvM and went on Stratics and started reading other shard boards and liked what I saw on Atlantic, so figured I would try it. Met Fearyl, stumbled upon O*F and Sanctus, and met Tigg and K:L and the rest is history.

**UPDATE**

We have moved to Arizona (way back in October:lol: )

here is an updated pic of me...

UPDATED October 2006!!!

Ken: I put it any way I want to, cause that is the kind of man I am...

Toni/Gwyn/Dae ‎(11:22 AM):
well I was doing Beo, but he annoyed me lol

[09:37] Leshok: i think dancing is like sex, don't let one bad partner ruin it for the rest of your life
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: