Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Universal Vampire standards. (?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dominatria
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So the consensus is: there is none!

Vampire lore is obviously too diverse and open-ended to be effectivley generalized. Even the most well known vampire traits are contradicted with different lore.

That said, I think the one thing all RPers can agree on is that Vampires suck blood, and live a really long time.

-Dom
Arlin
Slightly Crazed
Slightly Crazed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pffft

I have a vampire, and i must be doing something write.

Only a handful of people know hes a vampire, and no one knows hes me. *sticks tongue out*
Unity
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a vampire im proud of role playing as dark, shadow lurker, that stalks prey in the night and keeps to himself mainly.

I role play one of the last of Kryste's bloodline, I think pretty much all that remains are myself and one other, unsure really though and I wont name off any of the names casue thats just not right either.

Smile Anyways, this really had nothing at all to do with the post, I just wanted to boatst that some traditional role players of vampires are out there.
Adin Blackwind
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a post on this about a generalized vampire. though like I have stated in the past, it is not writen in stone and NOT all have to conform to its ideas. I feel that for UO, it is an acceptable form of vampire as its within reason for the game mechanics. But like everyone else who roleplays a vampire, they all have their distinct traits. Its what gives them flavor to their persona. In short, Vampires are going to be a part of this community, they are going to continue to threaten the lives of the living, and most of all, they are going to apear nearly unstopable in trammel. I honestly think that a good vampire knows when its time to leave a bad situation. Someone brandishing garlic or showing of a silver weapon would make me(as a vampire) want to leave the general area. If I suspect that I am in danger, I'll leave in a manner in which wouldn't show much fear. However, if I feel that my identity will keep me protected, I'll stay and keep a close eye on things and simply avoid those who would cause a vampire harm.

Its all in a manner of knowing when to RP, and knowing when its time to save face.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, I was curious, because its a lot easier to RP if we all use the same standards.

If one group has the clan system going on, and someone else is roleplaying Blade, and someone else is roleplaying a vampire a'la the movie 'Underworld', we are going to have a lot of conflicting info.

And thats bad for RP. We needed a universal standard, which is why I made this posts like 2 months ago. And we still need one.

I say we vote Zh'azhak the universal vampire king of vampire knowledge or something, and let him tell us how it works.
Lodi
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread was just done a couple weeks ago or so. Replace Vampire with Elf and it is the same thread again. By setting up rules on "How to Roleplay (insert race)", We just limit the creativeness of some in the community.

The flip side being that there are those, just like in the elf thread, who don't do enough research into what they are roleplaying.

Either way, it's the player's perogative.

If anything should be done, it should be a roleplaying guideline. No rules. No standards. Just an educational tool so that those who wish to roleplay certain things, such as elves, vampires or whatever, have a place to get a the basics. It should not be used to tell someone they are roleplaying their character wrong.

Vampires already have one of the toughest unwritten rules out there. You have to be created by a vampire already in the community. In my experiences while roleplaying, only one vampire has come from outside the community. OES used to be very strict on this. When someone created a new line when they entered, OES raised a stink and it cause some problems. The end result was the new line stayed and chose to follow the rules of the Former OES. Since then, I haven't heard of anyone creating a new line.
ICQ - 35574276
Horace Telver
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I support the Zh'Azhak for Boss petition.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is Lodi, some people aern't creating lines, I have no idea what they are doing...

And this is not to say 'omg those people cant rp vampire we need rules'... This is because, I wanted to RP a vampire, and I got told 100 different things.

We basically need a list of houses and their attributes (hey, we have that, its on the OES site), and a universal list of their weaknesses/strengths, etc.

Its a mess, is what it is. It needs cleaned up.

Need I say 'James Stare' ?
Aeloth Nazduin
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, the shard has followed the World of Darkness rulesets for Vampire roleplaying. Although I am more than familiar with it, I haven't kept up on it for the past two years. If we were to elect a head honcho for the Vampires (What the responsibilities are, I don't know.), I would nominate Zh'Azhak. He's probablly one of the best vampires I've ever seen on UO or anywhere else, and is more than an open book when it comes to WoD. I know Isk is a fan of some of the WoD stuff too, but to my knowledge he doesn't roleplay a Vampire.

Long post turned to short, Zh'Azhak = <3
Lodi
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the OES and NCR lines are the only 'official' vampire lines unless new lines have been started since then and been accepted. The OES even included recognition of those 'rogue' vampire roleplayers, the ones not belonging to the 'official' lines or just no lines whatsoever. They get grouped as 'Barbarie"

The official OES lines were:
Baali
Nagaraji (a dead line as there was only one in our community apparently)
Kiasyd
Capadocians
Ventrue
Gangrel
Brujah
Assamites
Tremere

Also a bastard line of Vlad Dracul.

NCR line is the Tremere

They also recognize the bastard lines of the Akashans (the Anne Rice vampires I presume) in our community although there really are no lines here. They are considered barbarie.

I can guarantee there is a copy of "The List" still floating around out there that has all this information as well as names up to a certain point of our roleplay history.
ICQ - 35574276
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: