Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Verity/Maryia Shadebane/Priam/Doug

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
Verity Jerison
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:22 pm Post subject: Verity/Maryia Shadebane/Priam/Doug Reply with quote

Where to start? 'kay.

I live in the northern part of Kentucky. Born and raised here, too. I'm 20 years old right now and a senior in college studying business management. I'll be graduating this coming May if all goes well (or badly, depending on your perspective). I'm mostly involved in various volunteer organizations, prominently with my local Gay Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) chapter.

Lets see...

Shortened RL bio runs something like this...

Born in 1984 a premature baby, I was not exactly what you'd call a resilient child. I constantly got ear infections and was rather small at any age. Due to all this, I spent a lot of time futzing with my dad's computers since he was also a huge geek. Due to the fact that I was too smart for my own good but not enough to stand out because of it, I went to a local accelerated five year high school from my 5th grade. This was a mixed blessing overall, but I did survive and graduated at 16 years old.

My UO career started with the release of The Second Age, which I purchased in... '99? Late '98 or early '99. After bouncing from one shard to another for a month, I landed in a guild called the University of Sosaria on Lake Superior. This was a guild devoted to training new players and helping them get oriented to the game. After creating and training my first successful character, Hermes, I rose to become a Head Instructor in the guild and fell in with a bad crowd (damn roleplayers!) before departing due to some conflicts of personality. I then found myself bouncing from shard to shard playing an orc and undead character on Great Lakes, a groundskeeper on Chespeake... until I decided to form a guild on Lake Superior. It crashed and burned in short order, but I attempted to revive it on Europa with a moderate amount of success.

About this time, I lied about my age on an application to become a Troubadour in the Interest Program (people these days would recognize their descendants, the Event Moderators) and was accepted on the Atlantic team by Nikademus. A Troubadour was basically a versatile actor in the plots of Seers and Elders, one day playing a villain, the next a noble paladin, the next a super-powered chicken on a rampage around Britain Bank. I joined right before the ramp up to UO Renaissance and quickly became involved in the Invasion plots, most especially the Trinsic Invasion. My first role ever was Joye the librarian and I have the dubious honor of having been the first of the multi-shard Joyes to be offed. Beyond that, I bounced between monsters rampaging the landscape before polishing off the arc as Dupre during Trinsic's liberation. That was a lagfest, but I do recall whacking some NCR types who tried to stand in my way (I <3 Smogg!).

From the end of that, I bounced from seer plot to seer plot. Some of my more well-known characters were Tilf & Gilf the ettin, the Oracle and Rathgith in the Nostur'yl plot, and finally Verity Jerison of the Adventurer's Guild. When OSI shut down the program, I had become rather attached to Atlantic and so decided to stay. By a major fluke, I had trained up a character already (Maryia Shadebane) by purely legal means and so I started playing her in the Heralds of the Awakening, starting as co-Sage of Sacrifice until becoming Adjutant to the Oracle of Love. I was also representing HoA in the newly-formed Grand Assembly as part of the Territorial Warfare Project. I ran for and was elected the second Speaker of the Assembly, which dragged me through shards of glass for half a year before I got tired of the petty politics and resigned.

Since then I don't play very much, dabbling here and there when I feel like it... but I think my UO career is winding down. I'm currently involved with the Holy Church of the Virtues, so we'll see where that goes...
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: