Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Max/Don

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
Max of Vesper
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:36 pm Post subject: Max/Don Reply with quote

Well, figured I'd join the crowd and finally put in my $ .02 on who I am.

Char=Max (of Vesper) Real Life=Don

Living and working on the South Shore of Massachusetts. Tourism professional by day, photographer when not being a tourism professional or Dad. (Well, I guess I'm always a Dad!)

Graduated with no awards or accolades with a Bachelors Degree in History in '95, and no interest in teaching. What's a history major to do with a degree and no interest in teaching? Make a go at photography of course!

Been learning and shooting all manner of subjects for about 3-4 years now, and I don't think I'll ever be good enough to go full time. (But they say a person is always his own harshest critic). I've actually had a few photos published in regional mags, and a couple of small, and I mean small, nationally published photos. Trust me, nothing for me to get excited about!

Eleven weeks ago I became a Dad for the first time, and it is fantastic! It's so very cool to be leaving for work in the morning and have that little girl smiling up at me from her crib when I go in to say goodbye. That smile is so natural you can't help but feel she loves you unconditionally. 'Tis a wonderful feeling. Oh yeah, her Mom is pretty dang cool too! Very Happy

I've not been playing UO for very long compared to some of you I'm sure...only about 8-9 months now. A work collegue started me, then I dragged my brother and brother-in-law in with me. Each one of us had played some D&D in our younger days...UO was simply the 21st Century extension of that. The four of us formed the Adventurer's League of Vesper [ALV] and the guild has pretty much remained the four of us since the beginning. We've added and lost a few along the way, but we've all been constant.

Although we never intended to become an RP guild I checked a link to here from Stratics and saw Arcana's post regarding a Vesper Town Council. Naturally I figured..."Hey! That's something we should be involved in!" (Without realizing it wan an RP thing...ya' know....this website doesn't really spell out that it's primarily for the RP Community...perhaps we should look into that! Wink )

Well, it took a short amount of time and a couple of discussions with Arcana for me to figure out that it indeed WAS an RP thing and we made a decision as a guild to make a go at it, and give it a try. Now, many of the purists here may not like to hear this, but we still don't consider ourselves an RP guild...at least not yet. When we're out hunting on our own we really do not make any efforts to RP, and to change that would cause a rift among the original four. All of us do agree that the RP Community gives the game substance and story-lines that enhance play, and enjoy being involved...even if it is on a very limited basis for now. When in the presence of our RPing friends though, we make every effort to stay IC and not be spoilers. Please be patient...we're coming along!

Well, guess that's about it...if'n you have any questions or anything you'd like to flame me about feel free. ICQ is buried here somewhere on my desk...ah-ha! 337139434 (Although I must admit I'm VERY bad about turing it on!) Also, if you really want to see my mug go to:

www.donteaguephotography.com and click the link to "ABOUT" (Have no fear...I pay for my webspace...no pop-ups or advertisements)

To see my BEAUTIFUL daughter...www.donteaguephotography.com/annika.htm

Just be warned...I shoot some glamour...no flames for the stuff found in that portfolio...it you click the link you do it of your own free will! Laughing

That's all folks!
-Max of Vesper (Don)
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: