Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Quest for Sight - New hope, Old fears.

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Molly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:40 pm Post subject: Quest for Sight - New hope, Old fears. Reply with quote

She sat in the great hall once again, feeling the warm sun against her cheek. She knew there was no chance of Raedyn returning any time soon. She wondered what happened to him. What had taken him away when he had been so wonderful to offer her a solution to her loss of sight?

Where was she to go now...

She had talked to Isk's son a few days earlier...He was very sweet to her. He mentioned some names of people who had healing and other such skills, that she had not thought of to ask, Aliza Randerstill, his mother, Angelique. There were others that she had talked with who had suggestions of those to contact.

She went to the elections in Trinsic where the new mayor was voted in. She spoke to Evinyar. He said he would do all he could to help her. He is very skilled and knowledgeable on many subjects, she thought. She hoped he could think of something to help.

Many others have offered to help, Mia, Savhanna, and Sir Robert too, but none of them had the skills that it would take to fix her sight.

She began to think about the events following the election, after Martin had left. She stayed for a while talking to some others about her sight, or lack of it. She remembered the talk with Smogg and what transpired and why she left so hurriedly.

He offered to help her...for a price...one she would never pay nor would she accept his help.

As she spoke to him she heard someone's voice speak to her. The voice sounded very familiar and gave her the shivers. She asked who he was and he refused to say his name. She knew that voice she was certain of it and it stirred old fears within her, but she just could not place the voice.

Smogg kept trying to convince her to let him examine her. She refused again and again. Then the man's voice fell on her ears again. He was insisting that she come with him and Smogg.

He was making rather uncalled for comments about her past and she made the point with the man that he did not know her history and how could he make such innuendoes and assumptions. He then stated he knew of her history and he was part of it. This sent a chill up her spine...She knew that voice... who was it...She demanded to know...Smogg introduced him as one of his guild members. She then told Smogg he should teach his members some manners and said that the man had refused to give her his name...Then Smogg formally introduced him..."This is Merrick of NCR."

A chill ran through her that cut to the bone as she repeated the name, stuttering over the word ".Mer...Merrick...Merrick?" She clutched Evinyar's hand as he sat next to her on the bench at the table and then she turned towards him whispering..."Evin, you have to get me out of here...fast...Please" she pleaded in desperation. Evinyar obliged and gated her way.

She later explained to Evinyar and to Sir Robert who followed seeing her shaking, that Merrick was part of her past...he terrorized her for years in Rivendell when he was with the Ebon Skull. For a year he tried to control her with a cursed jeweled necklace and ring he had placed on her after he had given her some kind of potion to make her unconscious. The necklace and ring would inflict pain on her and all he had to do is wish it. He would laugh as she would be doubled over or nearly suffocated by a wave of his hand.

She had thought he was gone when the Skull left but now he was back and she had no defense against him in her blind state.

Evinyar and Sir Robert made sure she was home safely there and left her.

She pondered for hours what to do...They could have forced her to go with them...How could she function blind. She had to do something. She could not even defend herself in this state. She didn't even know one of her worse nemesis’s of the past...

What would she do..

She would have to continue to search for someone who could help her.

She was so engrossed in her thoughts she did not hear the pigeon flutter softly into her window and perch on the bench beside her.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Martin Willow
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin sat quietly after he had read the letter from Alizia that the pigeon had left for Molly. When she had heard what it contained, she had smiled. It was the first time in a while he had seen her smile. The disappearance of Raedyn had distressed Molly, but now things seemed to be improving.

Laying back in the grass, Martin looked up to the stars.

Arieus De'Chevia
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Arieus had been absent from the realm during the incident with Molly and he wondered silently if this was intentional.

"Nahh...I worry too much."

He was concearned about his liege lady, but alas there was little he could do, other than watch as the followers of the arcane tried to fix Molly's condition.

Thus, did Arieus roam and pace the halls of Dragonbane Citadel, the seat of The Countship of House De'Chevia.

"I hope she gets better....."

The royal knight then began to study the mess his brother Daynle had left in the Citadel and shook his head. He also received word that Andreas, Lord of Sanctus was headed south...back to Castle Blackguard and the White Gate.

He whispered silently...."Things seem still in moton in this realm...for some"

His form disappeared into the void of the forts inner sactum, a small mischevious grin on Arieus's face.
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:39 am Post subject: Imparted information Reply with quote

Maelwyn sat in the Druids' guild hall, when she sensed an evil presence behind her. Turning, she was surprised to see her mother, standing there. They were no longer very friendly to each other, as her mother supported those whom Maelwyn would oppose.

"Mother, what do you want here?"

Such was Maelwyn's belief that her mother was evil, that she started to chant under her breath, warding spells.

Ceinwyn ab'Arawn smiled at her daughter, hearing the chanting. Her drow hearing was superb, did Maelwyn think to surprise her with a spell? Laughing evilly, Ceinwyn began to state her reason for coming.

"Maelwyn, I know we are not the closest mother and daughter around, yet I do think we have a common interest... At one of the battles for Yew, a lady named Molly was taken captive. Molly is an old, old friend of our family, and though it angers me to say it, part of me cannot rest until I know she has been healed. I do not have the power our ancestors had, but you have been granted it. The druids have the power of the world, the power to enhance the herbs and reagents found within. Maybe you can assist the people healing Molly. "

Maelwyn was surprised her mother had come to her to help another, instead of propose war. This gave her hope for her mother, yet. But who is this Molly? she wondered.

"Who is Molly? How do I reach her? Indeed, as I stand here now, the very earth does speak to me, telling me this is the correct path I should take."

"Here is the name of her pigeon," Ceinwyn said, as she handed a scrap of crumbled paper to Maelwyn, bearing the name of Molly's pigeon. "My task is done, I have done all that I can in this matter. It is not on my conscience any longer."

Meaning that she wasn't going to help any further, Maelwyn knew. Molly, even the name felt right as she muttered it to herself. I can enhance greatly the things of the earth.. She summoned her squirrel to take a message to the Lady Molly forthwith.

Afterward, as she began to count her reagents, she thought more on it. This Lady Molly must be connected to Lord Oaks, stronger than most. At the meerest mention of her name, she felt it was the right thing to do. She began making preparations to assist in whatever way she could, as she awaited the squirrel with a reply.
Sadira Reflov
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Alizia just looked around the house. Her hand lightly caressing the chest that was set next to her. Tear ran down along her cheek while her heart tore in two. She heard the sound of their son, Charles coming into the room. Her back still turned to him, she quickly wiped the tear away. She closed her eyes and tried putting on her poker face. She turned around and smiled upon him.

"Hello sweetie."

Charles, looking so much like is father, made it even harder for her keep from picking him up and hugging him to death.

"Momma what you want me for?"

He asked, able to sense something was not quite right. Alizia just smiled.

"We are...going away for a while dear."

What kind of story did Mark want her to make up? She kept trying to go over and over in her mind.

"Why?"

Charles question broke her concentration.

"Because...your father...he..."

She paused for a moment.

"wants to redo the house."

She said quickly unable to think of anything else.

"Again? He always changes the house."

Charles frowned as he was just getting use to his new room. Alizia sighs and nods.

"Well you know your father...he is a perfectionist. There is a slight...flaw in the new design. You know he loves you and wishes only for your safetly love."

Charles nodded slowly.

"Alright. I will go pack again."

Alizia was glad that it was over for that time. She watched Charles turn around and leave to pack his things. She was losing so much. She couldn't bear it. Mark's words echoed in her mind..

"I said you will NOT help that harlot. She is one of the many that wish me dead. You have a choice Ali...you help her..you will be throwing it all away."

She didn't really believe Mark would make her choose. A traitor is the word she heard over and over. She could not win for lose. If she didn't help, she would be to her friends and family and her ideals...if she did..she was one to her husband. She made the choice. Her mind still clear on his options. Her heart still in denial. She found herself back at the letter she started. She pondered a moment then continued to write it. Once she finished it, she sealed it then placed the holiday candle upon the floor. Its light was soft..and seemed hopeful. She tried to blow it out, but alas it wouldn't. It was fitting that she left this behind. The flame being much like her love for Mark...never dying and unable to be put out. She took one last look around. She would have some of her family move her things. She would return to Yew. She then turned and slowly walked out of their room to go check on Charles. She refused to fully say bye, she still loved Mark..she would just have to figure a way to win him back. She could feel he still loved her. She would think upon a way later. Right now, she has to ensure that this Christmas will be the best one for Charles and Nadia. She would be there for Mark and for Magincia. She would send word to Isk later, to ensure she is kept abreast of the on goings..especially of her husband.
Molly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

She sat again in the sun near the window thinking of what Martin had read to her. She had sent a reply to Aliza and was waiting to hear back from her as to a time she and her could meet.

Hearing a strange scratching noise at the window she moved towards it guiding her steps with the staff that Mia had given her. She thought to herself

this was the most useful item she had ever received yet so simple and too bad the cure was not proving to be so easy...if there would be a cure at all.

She moved her hand along the sill and brushed something very delicate but furry. She jumped, as did the creature. I think she scared him as much as her.

It seemed to recover faster than she did though because it just started chattering a mine a minute. She recognized it's sounds and felt the essence of its presence and knew it meant no harm instinctively.

She could almost understand it's chattering...a skill her people once had. Speaking with animals was something she had not thought about in years. She guessed that is why she was such a good tamer.

As she picked up the small creature and stroked it she knew from it's shape is was a squirrel. As her fingers slid over its body she felt something hard brush her knuckle.

What is this you have here little one? Ah a cylinder.
she said to the squirrel as if he could understand her.

He responded with more chattering and she laughed when its tone was almost as if to say
Sure silly, why do you think I came all this way? I'm not here for my health you know.

She removed the small tube from the squirrel’s neck and ran her fingers across it. She felt the ridges of a top and spun the top along threads till it opened gently in her hand. There was a small piece of parchment inside. She knew she could not read it but it felt strongly enchanted as if someone of earthen power created it.

She tucked it away in her pocket and took out a small parchment and replaced the one that was there with that one. It was prewritten by one of the scribes stating her condition in a short explanation and that she would get back to the sender as soon as she could have their message read to her. It also apologized for any inconvenience that the delay might cause and that the message would be attended to as soon as possible.

She gently turned the top back on the message holder and replaced it around the neck of the squirrel. She smiled.
Little one, let me get you a treat. I have a bowl of nuts here that you might like.

She handed the squirrel a couple of nuts and it stuffed both cheeks full. She could tell because it's chattering became muffled. She laughed as she heard it pounce through the bushes and over the moat with a splash.

She took up her usual seat in the sun of the late afternoon and waited for someone to come in and read her the note. She held it in her hand within her pocket. Some how it gave her comfort while waiting.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
Sadira Reflov
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Alizia finally got a chance to write Molly after she got settled at her home in Yew. She wrote a short letter and sent it off.

Dear Molly,
I am sorry it took so long to return your letter. Perhaps if we could meet Sunday eve at half past the Eighth hour of the eastern skies. I fear my runes are quite selective. So perhaps meeting at Sanctus, if that is alright with you and your guards. Please send word, if the meeting is possible.

Sincerely,
Alizia Randerstill
Molly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Molly dictated her responce to the scribe and attached it to the pigeon.

Dear Aliza,
That would be wonderful. We can meet at Hanse at that hour. I look forward to it with anticipation.

Love
Molly
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: