Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Valdor Canz / Jeff

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
Valdor Canz
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:11 am Post subject: Valdor Canz / Jeff Reply with quote

Let's see...

I am 36 years old...I'm a single father of a 15 year old daughter (who thinks she is 18, of course)...

I live in Michigan, despite the cold...

I work in sales (a combination of inside and outside) for a fastener corporation, primarily focusing on crib/bin management and commodity management.

I've been interested (fascinated is more like it) by the fiction/fantasy worlds for as long as I can remember.

I first got involved in Roleplaying through Dungeons & Dragons (not advanced d&d, the basic game with the soft-cover books) when I was around 10 years old...learning to play from my older step-brother and his friends. Not long after I finally convinced him to let me play, my father and his second wife got divorced, and I no longer was able to play...until a couple of years later when my Grandfather bought me the basic and expert boxed sets for my birthday...I was thrilled and started playing regularly with my cousin, taking turns DM'ing...

When I was 15, my family moved from northern Michigan to the metro-Detroit area...eventually, I met a few people who played D&D down here and began playing again, finally moving up to advanced D&D (the first edition)...after awhile nobody ever wanted to play with anyone DM'ing except me (there was one other guy who was the best DM that I ever played with, but he could never keep a campaign going for any length of time)...so I DM'd for many years...

One day, I picked up a copy of PC Gamer and saw a review of a game that was coming out called Ultima Online...at the time, I had a computer that didn't have a prayer of working on the internet, let alone playing the game, so I immediately set a goal for myself to get a better computer...

Awhile later, I managed to purchase a new PC and started playing UO in early January of 1998. I started on the Lake Superior shard, being from Michigan, I falsely figured that both this and Great Lakes would be based in the area...After awhile, I learned the hard way about how the game was played and decided to try to start over on a shard where I ran better...

I came to Atlantic and created Danilo Thann...wandering around, learning all that I could (I was still unaware of the cruel presence of a skill cap), and eventually finding friends. I met up with Vagiskins of the Guardians of the Dead (GoD) and eventually joined, making a lot of great friends...

Outside of GoD, I made a lot of other friends, including Shirak, Silverwind, Screwball, Khelben Arunsen, Shakes, and so many others...My "cousin: (i.e. mule) Erik VonDarkmoor was in UBB for a spell, many years back, winning a Blacksmithing Contest...(I later co-hosted (with KOS) a similar event with UBB at my old Elysium house...

Eventually, I was offered a chance to help lead another guild, and took up the offer...only to find out that there had been some false statements made when I was being convinced...I decided to try my hand with a guild of my own, and formed Unification of Order (UO) with some old friends, Cedric, Rager, Camus, V-Man (now known as Black Sabbath), Kraken, Raven, Githrazil, Tojin, and others...when guild wars went in, we had some disagreements about how to handle warfare, which eventually led to a splitting of ways...

I wandered guildless for quite some time, even trying my hand at PK'ing (oddly enough, the character I eventually settled into playing the most (Valdor) was originally created for PK'ing)...but I was a bad PK...I would rezz my victims, and usually give back their stuff (unless they whined)...when they made all of the former Dread Lords into Wicked, Valdor turned to a path of good...but that is a story for a different forum...)...

Eventually, I found the Knights of Sosaria...joining right at the start of the Ghost Quest...and found my home in this realm...

I also served for a short time as the Shard leader of the FCB (Fishing Council of Brit) (with my fisher "cousin", Samuel Coleridge), but events in RL prevented me from dedicating the time needed to this, so I turned the helm over to another...

I've been sort of away from the realm for quite some time though, having not had internet at home for awhile...I've recently returned though, hopefully to stay...

Back to me though (after all that is what this is about.... Smile ) ... as I said above, I'm a single father...this, of course, takes up a lot of my time...

When I do find free time (and I'm not playing UO...) I usually either read (mostly fantasy / fiction, but sometimes other things...) or work on a book that I am writing...I've always enjoyed writing, it is perhaps my greatest passion...

I am a bit of a sports fan, mostly just hockey, but I will watch other sports here and there...My musical interests include classic rock, heavy metal, thrash metal, punk rock, blues, southern rock, and some classical music...I have a couple of tattoos, would wear my hair long if I weren't in sales...

Last edited by Valdor Canz on Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: