Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

T-Map Hunter Question
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Adventurer's Guide Book
View previous topic :: View next topic
Alexis
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Only reason I don't want to go with peace is that Alexis has peacing. I've been trying to make compleatly diffrent characters.
Deacon Drake
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:03 am Post subject: Good Templates Reply with quote

Alright, here are a few templates you might consider.

The Classic Pirate
  • Swordsmanship
  • Tactics
  • Anatomy
  • Magery
  • Cartography
  • Lockpicking
  • Fishing
    1. Pros: This template is the best for roleplaying purposes. Magery allows for healing and removing traps safely, as well as invisibility in an emergency. It also allows for both land and sea chest pulling.
    2. Cons: This template also has more significant malfunctions. The presence of magery without meditation will require a higher level of Intelligence which will suppress the other stats, and healing may become difficult. Although black magic is also suppressed without Eval-Int, that is what the swordsmanship is for.
    3. All in all, this template works best when hunting in a group.

The Treasure Hunter
  • Magery
  • Meditation
  • Evaluating Intelligence
  • Cartography
  • Lockpicking
  • Fishing
  • Mining*
    1. Pros: The good points of this template is that it is a very well-rounded character. Not only does the Magery Skill Set cover most of the aspects of hunting, but it also frees up other skills. The Mining Skill is marked because it is not necessary, though helpful, and without it the use of power scrolls becomes available.
    2. Cons: The negative points of this template is that though it is very flexible in roleplaying, it is not as easy to do so as it is with the Classic Pirate template.
    3. All in all, this is the best template because it allows for solo or group hunting for land or sea.

The Swashbuckler
  • Musicianship
  • Provocation*
  • Peacemaking
  • Magery
  • Lockpicking
  • Cartography
  • Fishing or Mining
    1. I included this template to make people happy. The bard-pirate is EXTREMELY difficult to make, and I would only attempt it on a test shard. All in all, I won't include the pros and cons because I've never had this type of hunter and I wouldn't know if it's a good one or not. So I may have the skills wrong. Oh well.

My choice would be the Treasure Hunter Mage template. This is also an available Advanced Character template. I enjoy the classic pirate for roleplay reasons, and it is almost as useful as the second. It all depends on what you want out of your character.
Arcana
Crazed Zealot
Crazed Zealot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

And an additional up-side of playing a pirate is you get to walk around saying "arrr" all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

And making people walk the plank matey,arrr Rolling Eyes
Deacon Drake
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:28 am Post subject: OMFG Reply with quote

Ok here's a lesson. ANyone who chooses to make a t hunter using the classic pirate template would do well to heed this next note:

First off, all pirates do not say "Arr!" and sometimes it is "Argh" which is a bit more acceptable. But Johnny Depp did well do prove what they were like. Drunken and insane but not mad drunk and stupid, they protect their own integrity by being ruthless.

They do NOT make people walk the plank by nudging them with a cutlass. They were stripped of all their clothes, slashed lightly (just enough to draw a bit of blood) on the arms and legs, and placed on the plank. They had forty-nine seconds to jump, else the plank would be released and they'd go down anyway. This was done in shark-infested waters (thus the reasoning for the blood, it was an honor to be allowed to be mutilated by sharks quickly rather than drowning then being eaten). However someone who committed a heinous crime as an attempt at mutiny was indeed tied to something heavy (generally a bundle of cannonballs but rarely a whole cannon as they got to be expensive) and NOT cut so that they would go down quickly and feel the excruciating pain of deep water pressure before dying.

Now to properly roleplay a pirate, please refrain from "Arr" because as humorous as it is, it is embarrassing to us true pirates.

"Argh" is okay but becoming hackneyed, save it before it is overused.

Fishing isn't entirely a pirate trait but it is fun to do. But then again Magery isn't at all a pirate trait but still necessary so I guess I should just git over it.

Now I forgot a necessar template for Treasure Hunters.

The Rogue

This template has everything you will ever need to become a good t-hunter.

• Hiding
  • Stealth
  • Cartography
  • Fishing*
  • Snooping
  • Stealing
  • Magery

The best part of this template is that it allows for Doom hunting in the Dark Guardian room or atry hunting. Your protection is your hiding and stealth (which is REALLY ameliorated with UO:SE) and your healing is in your magery.

*Fishing is not a necessity, but always a nice choice for someone with fighting skills.
Savhanna
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

That template leaves out lockpicking.
Deacon Drake
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
Whoops.
Alexis
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta hand it to her, I didnt catch it untill Sav posted.
Deacon Drake
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I had it messed up. The rogue template is a Doom character.

The Rogue

• Magery
  • Stealing
  • Snooping
  • Lockpicking
  • Cartography
  • Hiding
  • Stealth

I had it wrong the first time, you can't fish with this template. This is about as a hard a character to create and use as the Swashbuckler template, but it is more fun to work with.
Savhanna
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping with the use of soul stones to help fix my thunter a bit Cool
Valdor Canz
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

My T'Hunter follows this pattern:

GM Cartography
GM Lockpicking
GM Taming
GM Animal Lore
80 Vet (with jewelry handy to take me to 100 for pet ressing if needed)
90 Magery
70 Eval
80 Med

Fishing falls under another char for me...

But, if you don't have extra character slots, fishing could be stored in a soulstone until needed...
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Adventurer's Guide Book All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: