Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

What appears to be, isn't...

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Cal Hurst
Atlantic Legend
Atlantic Legend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:58 pm Post subject: What appears to be, isn't... Reply with quote

*Vaen recalled into his front lawn after just waking up from a wonderful night. He smiled, and started walking towards his front door. Behind him, he felt a presence. He felt a little uneasy, so he quickly walked into his house and closed the door. Glancing around, he walked forward and turned around facing the door. From the door, emerged a figure in a hooded shroud. Vaen's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. The figure moved slowly towards Vaen*

Vaen: W..Who....what.... are you?

Figure: Vaen...

Vaen backed away towards the west side of the house, but the figure turned and followed him directly. Vaen quickly ran to a teleporter and teleported to the top floor. He watched the teleporter, just to make sure the ghost didn't follow. He smiled, seeing that the ghost didn't appear on the teleporter. He turned, only to be startled by that same figure, which was close enough to smell his putrid breath which reaked of soil and decaying corpses.

Figure: Vaen...

Vaen gathered himself and stood up, and looked at the figure.

Vaen: Who... are you?

Figure: Vaen... remove my hood...

Vaen reached to the figure and removed his hood. At the moment he saw the figure's face, his heart dropped. Even through the small pieces of flesh that just barely hung from the bone on the face of this figure, he knew who it was. It was his old best friend whom he was forced to kill a couple years ago.

Marcus Stanim: You killed me, Vaen...

Vaen moved his mouth, but no words came out. His eyes grew wider as the figure reached out for Vaen.

Marcus Stanim: Join me... Vaen... Join your old best friend...

Vaen shook his head, and took a step back.

Behind Marcus, two other hooded figures appeared. They removed their hoods and stared right at Vaen. It was Tyrun and Gerta, Marcus's uncle and father. They all started laughing at Vaen, and moving towards him. Vaen backed up slowly.

Vaen: Stay back...!

They ignored him, and continued moving further. At that moment, both Talen and Firal, Vaen's brother and father, came to the top floor to look on to the shadowy figures in horror.

Firal: Gerta....

Gerta Stanim: So, Firal, we see eachother again. Hopefully you can forgive me for killing that wench of yours, mmm?

Marcus Stanim: He should thank you, Father. She was a low-class harlet. Who in their right mind would marry a miner, anyway?

Firal grew in anger, but stayed back. He clenched his fists, staring at Gerta.

Talen stepped forward infront of Vaen and Firal.

Talen: Go back from where you came from.

Tyron Stanim: And who is going to make us leave?

Talen glanced around, thinking for a moment.

Talen: Marcus, you've caused Vaen enough damage. He's your old best friend, don't you th---

Marcus Stanim: He killed me! He caused my death. Is that was best friends are for? I think not!

Vaen looked at the three of them and narrowed his eyes. He pushed himself forward and charged at the three Stanims, only to pass right through them and fall on the ground behind him. The three of them laughed, and then disappeared. Vaen groaned. Firal and Talen walked over to Vaen, helping him up.

Firal: You alright?

Vaen nodded.

Vaen: What's going on?

Firal: Not quite sure...

Talen: We're going into hiding Vaen. Until we can figure something out.

Vaen: What?! I'm not going to hide from anything.

Firal: Vaen, it might be for the best...

Vaen: No!

Talen: You don't understand Vaen, this is for your best interest.

Vaen: Talen, will you let me live my own life just for once? I'm nineteen, I think I know what I'm doing from time to time.

Talen sighed.

Vaen: Besides, if we go into hiding, that's just giving the Stanims time to gather and grow in power.

Firal looked to Talen.

Firal: He's right...

Talen nodded.

Talen: Fine, Vaen. Do what you want.

Talen walked off and made his way to the first floor.

Firal: Be careful, Vaen. You hear?

Vaen nodded. Firal made his way to the first floor as well. Vaen walked to the edge of the top floor and looked south, down the grasspath to the backroads of Vesper and Minoc. In a distance, he saw the three figures form once again. They all waved to Vaen, and Vaen narrowed his eyes. A deep, echoing laugh could be heard as two of the figures disappeared. The final one disappeared within seconds after the other two, and reappeared behind Vaen. Vaen turned around and looked through the hood to see Marcus again. Marcus laughed, and walked into Vaen. Vaen's body shook, and his eyes rolled into his head. He fell to the ground. Firal and Talen, hearing the thud, ran up.

Firal: Vaen, are you alright!?

Talen: Vaen...!?

Vaen laughed.

Vaen: Talen! Fir--Father, I am well. Worry not!

Vaen let out a deep laugh as he stood up.

Firal: You sure?

Vaen nodded, grinning oddly.

Vaen: Of course I am sure, would I be standing if I were not?

Vaen glanced around the top of the roof, taking note of his surroundings, as if he had not been familiar with it before.

Talen: Vaen, you seem... different... are you sure you're ok?

Vaen: Talen, I am no different, I can tell you this. Now, go back down to the first floor with Father, and let me gather my thoughts, mm?

Talen nodded slowly, examining Vaen, and then took Firal down to the first floor with him.

Vaen watched as the two of them left the area, and then turned back to the long grass patch. Two of the figures appeared once more, and waved to Vaen. Vaen nodded, and waved back. Then, the figures disappeared once more. Vaen grinned, and turned back to head down with his family.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: