Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Elven Standards (Shard Accepted)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Arcana
Crazed Zealot
Crazed Zealot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
remember that Elves feel emotions much deeper then humans do.

With this, I must respectfully disagree. I think elves are more universally in touch with their emotions, than humans, as a species. But I don't think the depth of human feeling or love is somehow less significant.
Isilmea
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcana wrote:
Quote:
remember that Elves feel emotions much deeper then humans do.

With this, I must respectfully disagree. I think elves are more universally in touch with their emotions, than humans, as a species. But I don't think the depth of human feeling or love is somehow less significant.

This is what I was taught by Rhama and Khyl'Dran and with respect to thier knowledge is how I role-play my elf... this is a part taken from the Grey Company on the view as well:

Relationships with humans are often times distant. Whether it is by choice or that a human is often hasty, indecisive, and comparatively short lived is questionable. Dwarves are competent allies and some make good friends, but they have different lifestyles that are not generally compatible with elves. Elves do not care for the caverns, caves or mines that our dwarf neighbors are so fond of.

To some other races, elves are sometimes considered aloof, snooty and frivolous and have personalities that are impossible to fathom. In fact they are not, perhaps because of their longevity. Elves have learned the benefits of patients before passing judgment and take time before making judgments. For an elf to not even have patience that long sometimes shows traces of having spent too much times with the other races and their values.

Although they do not make friends easily, elves consider oftentimes associates and friends as near equals. An elf-friend is a very close, dear and honorary title that is difficult to earn and given to those who are stoic, honorable and follow many Elven ways. Likewise, an enemy of the elves is never forgotten, especially the evil ones of the woods.
All and all it becomes apparent why the elves have always endured throughout the years and are the most superior of races. With values, pure hearts, respect, honor and closely held blood ties, the Elven race will continue far long after man has gone.

On feelings:

Elves take love very seriously. When two elves marry, they do much more than exchange vows, they bind their spirits together. This is why there are no arranged marriages in Elvish society, nor is there divorce. Love is just not something they play around with (like most humans do), they cherish it.
Crazed Zealot
Crazed Zealot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is fine, and accurate for Tolkien type elves - a good example of how one guild, ELF, has more specific guidlines than the general version.
Fionna Casillten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally agree with you on the emotions part of how a elf should be Isilmea.But have to disagree with all of you concerning elven vampires, but I also got my rp style and all years ago as a child playing D&D for many years.According to the D&D elven lore there has been cases of elves being turned to vampires.On that note though elves with thier bond to the earth and natural abilities have a chance of not controlling the vampire side but instead keeping it from controlling the elven side thus being a elf under constant mental stress from keeping the vampire side from being released.Meaning that the elf if totally tried to keep the vampire side from releasing than a big chance that the elf would go insane from the mental stress,then of course the vampire side would take full control.Under rare circumstance a elf may be lets say brought back to full control.

These are just some comments I thought that would like to be known.But as said before these would be from D&D mythology and elven Lore.I apologize if I am speaking out of term ad apologize for incorrect spelling and mispunctuation..And one last thing not to step on any toes here but Ive been to Asurherenion home page and read it and I know there were comments made about Tolkiens elves and D&D elves and surprisingly enough even though Asurherenion does basically go by Tolkien there mythology on the website is word for word from D&D elven handbook.So it seems to me they already have merged the two races.
Arcana
Crazed Zealot
Crazed Zealot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Never be shy for speaking up Smile

Regarding vampires, I think our assumption here for the lore is that all vampires are undead, which would mean that you either are dead or you aren't, and that there's no inbetween or struggle involved.
Savhanna
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I dont know how to do the quote thing. But as far as a shard wide accepted standard I have to disagree with the feeling love deeper or deeper emotions when it comes to love. I wont sit here and state the Elf's that go against this and humans that have had only one deep love. But I think we can just leave that one out.
Adin Blackwind
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Savanna, again, we don't expect all people to take every last point we put up. If you wanted to make an elf that had a dozen husbands, no one would question that but, many would think that would be bigamy. There is nothing here stating that you have to follow these guidelines. Its just a template that is designed to give you, the player, an idea on how to be an elf. There are so many ideas of elves out there, wouldn't you think they should be related in some way?
Arcana
Crazed Zealot
Crazed Zealot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I definitely agree with Kotare. They're guidlelines, not rules by any means.
Rellik
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to say I think what the 2 of you are doing is great..I applaud you Kotare and Arcana.Posting a template of each race is a wonderful idea and I hope that all people that read your template realize just that,they are templates and the should feel free to play thier race with other characteristics if they choose to.This is great for newer people to the Rp community as reference material..

*claps*
Arcana
Crazed Zealot
Crazed Zealot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

*blushes and bows* Thank you, Rellik. I'm very glad that our intent came across so well.
Adin Blackwind
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank you. Hopefully, this will aid the Community into a better roleplay standard as well. if not, here's to trying.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: