Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Biography of Vahn Roughknight(Updated:March 01)

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins
View previous topic :: View next topic
Vahn Roughnight
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:52 am Post subject: Biography of Vahn Roughknight(Updated:March 01) Reply with quote

Name:Vahn Roughknight
Race: Human
City of Origin: Britian
City of Residence: Somewhere between Vesper and Minoc
Descendents and Kin: Rei Roughknight (sister), Baby sister(location unknown)

History: It was a mid summers day just outside of the city of Britian. Vahn and his sister were bickering at the time in another room. The smells from the kitchen was that of wonderfully cooked food.

"Lillian the food smells wonderful as usual" Gideon said with a smiles upon his face. She just smiled and continued to cook the food. As gideon got up from the chair a pigeon landed on his shoulder.

"Well what do we have here?" Gideon asked him self. As he reached for the note tied to its leg the front door slammed open. As Lillian and Gideon looked to the door three fully armored knights walked in bearing the symbolic shield of the silver serpent. One of the knights a bit larger than the other two had a flowing dark grey cape attached to his armor. As then walked into the room the larger knight walked up to gideon and stared him eye to eye.

"What is the meaning of this intrusion?!" Gideon said as anger filled him

"By orders I have recieved your nobility status is revoked and you are to be delt with imediatly" the larger knight said.

"By who's orders?!" Gideon yelled

"Lord British's of coarse...and you are to be executed...imediatly" the larger knight said. A wide evil grin came across his face as he looked at Gideon.

"But Lord Bri..." Gideon said. Before Gideon could complete his sentence the larger knight grabbed Gideons hair forcefully, withdrew his sword from the sheath and thrusted his blade into Gideons gut. Gideons eyes grew wide and filled with pain as a scream of pain came from him. A dark laughter came from the larger knight as it filled the room. Ripping the blade from his gut he threw Gideons lifeless body across the room. Horror filled Lillians face seeing what just happened. As tears started to pour down her face she quickly ran from the room, down the hall way, and into the the room Vahn and Rei were in.

"Search the house! No one is to leave this house alive! Find the sword and bring it to me!" the larger knight bellowed to the other two knights.

As Lillian burst into the room Vahn and Rei looked looked at her and knew something was wrong.

"Whats wrong mommy? why do i hear strange people in our house?" Rei asked curiously

Lillian reaching up to the shelf grabbed a sword still in its sheath and handed it to Vahn. "Children we have to leave now" Lillian spoke as fear had filled her.

"Where's father?" Vahn asked

"He's dead a group of Order Knights came in and killed him" sLillian replied.

"Daddy!" Rei cried out as she started to cry loudly.

"No time to cry we have to leave now. Out the back door hurry!" Lillian said to them as she stood up and went to the crib. Picking up a small baby girl in her arms. She ran to the door and opened it.

"Hurry!" She ssaid to the children as she ran to the back door and opened it. Vahn grabbed Rei's hand ran ran out the back door. Lillian bolting out of the house behind Vahn and Rei.

"The back door! Archers kill them!" the larger knight yelled angrily. As the archers took aim they waited a second then released a volley of arrows at Lillian, Vahn, and Rei. Most of the arrows missed but one. As Lillian ran holding her five month old child in her arms she felt a sharp pain in her back and fell to her knee's. As she squinted her eyes slightly as Vahn and Rei running grew fadded and dark she fell backwards onto her back snapped the arrow leaving a crying child in her lifeless arms.

As Rei looked back she saw her mother laying in the field dead.

"Moommyyy! Noooooo!" Rei cried out and her tears flowed more. She tried to run to her but Vahn kept running half dragging her along. As they with fear ran into town Vahn still half dragging Rei behind him he pushed his way through a thick crowd. As he emerged from the crowd of people he relized he had lost his sister in the crowd. He looked all around him him self but didnt see her.
"Reeiii!" Vahn cried out as he fell to his knee's exhausted. As he sat there he finaly began to cry.

*Five Years Later*

Many years have passed since the incident. He had perfected his skills enough and now sought revenge for his mother's and fathers death. His mothers words still rang in his head "He's dead a group of Order Knights came in and killed him". vahn slammed his fist on his desk and stood up in anger. Walking over to a chest he opened it and began to put on his plate armor. As he finished armoring up he grabbed his shield and his fathers sword. Opening his rune book he decided to go to Britian. Upon reaching britian he made his way to the castle and upon reaching the throne room expecting to see Lord British he saw an empty throne but more of all...The Silver Serpent Crest. Anger and hatred rose greatly within him. Storming out of the castle he with drew his sword and opened his rune book and traveled to Skara. As he reached Skara he left the city limits and went to the Ranger Guild house Building. Kicking open the door he saw a ranger staring at him. Grabbing his neck he plunged his sword into his chest and ripped it out. The other rangers startled by this took out there bows and reached for there arrows. As Vahn charged towards the rangers a battle began, one man versus the rangers there.
As dusk hit and the sun was setting Vahn walked through the doors of the ranger building and looked back in for a few seconds. Three hundred ranger bodies littered the room and outside of the ranger building. Stepping over a body he left Skara walking off into the distance.

*Four Years Later*

Searching through old records Vahn came across an order to execute a girl by the name of Rei for theft of food. As he looked at th location of ehr holding it read "Yew Prison".

"I will not let you die sister..." vahn said to him self.

Opening his rune book he traveled to yew and walked the cities streets till he got to the prison's doors. As he walked through the prison he took out his sword and shield. As he reached the upper cell area he saw two guards talking.

"She is to die at dusk. Cant let her go to waste so let the guards have "fun" with her till then" one guard said.

"What did you just say?" Vahn said with anger rising in his voice.

"Its none of your buisness. Now get out." the guard said somewhat irritated.

"It is my buisness when you talk of my sister..." vahn replied.

Dashing towards the guard he shashed his shield against his chest and buried his sword into his flesh just under his plate tunic forcing the blade upwards.

"Guards! he's trying to break out the prisoner!" one guard yelled.

"You have made a mistake..." Vahn said as he dashed towards him. three more guards ran towards Vahn and engaged in combat with him. One by one the guards fell lifeless to the ground laying in a pool of there own blood. Sheathing his sword and putting his shield away. He bent over and picked up the cell keys. Walking over to the cell Rei was in he unlocked the door and opened the cell door. Looking at his sister she had bruises on her face and arms. Kneeling down and picking her up He walked out of the cell.
"Time to go home sister.." vahn said as Rei started to cry seeing her long lost brother again.

*several monthes later*

It had been several monthes since Vahn joined The Guardians of Virtue. many happy times and memories were shared there but all good things come to an end. Removing his badge he began his journy to think and rest for a bit. After many monthes of resting, thinking, and searching he came back to the Guardians of Virtue's palace to see it in ruins. It took many monthes to find Acheus Redbeard but one day found him and joined him in the rebuilding of The Guardians of Virtue. One day as they met a pigeon came to Vahn about the countless Shadowform attackes. Reporting to Acheus he became furious and ordered everyone ready in days. So began the shadowform war, with the shadowform on one side and the light on the other. Many battles were fought but none as large as the final one. As each side met there forces colliaded with each other. Both sides took losses in the bloody fight. As the Shadowform moving back to the caves The remaining warriors of the light charged into the cave to continue the bloody fight. But as the dust settled and cleared only few of the light remained standing and the shadowform were defeated that day. Some days after while Vahn was at a tounrament he came back to see the newly built Guardians of Virtue city in ruins. no trace of Acheus or The Ambassador was ever found. losing hope i nthe light Vahn traveled a bit before joining the ranks of the brotherhood. His time there would be short lived tho as the daemon trapped within vahns father's sword had other plans. Vahn becomming possesed by a daemon named Vaelenth began to slowly wreak his havoc for many years till eventualy stopped by Silent Poet. As Poet instructed Molly brought Vahn to her place and began to tell him of what had happened.
Still not conviced that the virtues and the light really exsisted he joined the ranks of the drow. As vahn begace involved in the luna war aiding the dark order he tried to find his purpose but again things for him would be shaken up. As mairsil was banished and barl took over Vahn learned a new hatred for a drow named Barl. After several days of doing nothing he contronted Barl, fought him, and lost to Barl. Storming out of Hanse's he tore off the badge and went to think. The next day he saw murdoc and got a plan. Pulling him aside to talk about "buisness" vahn agreed to the price laid upon the table and left. After some convincing and many messeges on his bullitin board Vahn finaly agreed to join The House of the Guantlet.

Opening my rune book I traveled home to rest. As I got home I heard the clash of sword against stone, sounds of fire, and sounds of energy. Quickly I unsheathed my sword and ran to my front door. As I reached the door I heard a scream of pain, a thud, then nothing. As I flung the heavy metal doors open I saw a warrior in full shadow plate armor holding a sword dripping in blood and a shield bearing the silver serpent. At his feet a man robed in black. Looking at the fallen man closely I recognized him as my good friend Matsu.

"You.... How dare you do this. You will pay for this warrior.." Vahn shouted.

"I must say....he was stronger than your father. But they all fall the same." the mysterious warrior said with some psycotic glee in his voice.

"Wh....what.....?!" vahn replied with shock and disbelief filling him.

"It couldnt be him. No....It couldnt but...that voice, that shield,...my father..."Vahn thought to himself.

"You will be next. I will find that sword and when I do I will make sure you have an painful death" the mysterious warrior spoke.

The unknown warrior took out a dark grey rune book, spoke a few words, then vanished. Still filed with disbelief and shock he dropped his sword and fell to his knee's. Looking over at his friend who lay dead Vahn clentched his hands into a fist and slammed his plate gloved hands on the floor. Looking up to the ceiling anger and sadness replaced the disbelief and shock.

"Nooooo!" Vahn screamed through out the estate.

Standing outside the Dark Adder I breath in the air. So much has happened since Matsu's death. That man even dared take the sword containing the trapped daemon Vaelenth within in with him. As my eyes slowly looked from the sky to between two buildings I saw him again.

"You....how dare you..." Vahn said as in disbelief he would show his face here. His armor seemed still battered from the fight with Matsu. My eye's seemed suddenly fixed to that shield, the one so described by my mother. Breaking my sight from his shield my eyes caught glimse of the sword taken from me.

"Filthy lightbringer..." Akuma said with spite.

"The sword....give it back now. Vaelenth cant be released. Give it back now...or else" Vahn spoke to Akuma. As Akuma spit on my armor his answear became clear. Even more he had disgraced me and the code of the knights I hold dear.

"You..me...up stairs now.." said then turned around. Turing around suddenly he faced Akuma and spoke four words, "or are you chicken". They both walked up the two stair cases and stepped one by one onto the teleporter. Seeing as already two people were already dueling Akuma faced me and stared me down.

"Butchering your family was enoyable, watching your old man dieas i run him through was exquisite. But seeing your mother die was much more enjoyable. I took pleasure killing them as I till take pleasure killing you." akuma said strangly calm. Seeing the competitors leave the dueling area I stared at him and spoke only three words in anger "Get in...now".

As we both stepped in I pointed my sword at Akuma and said "Two walk in, only one leaves". I tightened my grip on my sword and dashed towards him shield out front. As I dashed towards him he started to turn at me as well but I had the momentum. As out shields colliaded Akuma was pushed back several feet and was off balance. Dashing towards him quickly I slashed my sword at his chest plate. As my blade slashed through his already battered armor blood began to pour from the open wound. I heard him roar in pain but I was more interested in the sword he raised to strike at me. Bringing my shield to parry his blow the sword slammed into the shield. As I brought my sword to strike at him once more I saw him just noticing me about to strike. Swinging my sword towards his head my sword barely missed his shield. As the tip of the blade went through the helm slit it punctured into akuma's right eye. Bringing my sword back to my side i thrusted it quickly into his chest through the already open wound. As it went into him I pushed harder and felt his back plate armor give way and puncture through. Akuma started to slump onto me as I slowly started to remove my sword from him. After fully getting my blade from him I placed my hand on his helm and pushed him back. The last sound her was Akuma falling onto the tiled dueling arena with the sound of heavy plate armor crashing to the ground.

Sheathing my sword and putting my shield at my side I bent over and picked up the sword stolen from my possession and put in a bag. After going through a few more of Akuma's things I found a skull with a name etched into it, it read "Gideon". I held the skull in my hand and began my walk to cove. As my eye's spotted a shovel I picked it up and opened a rune book. Upon arriving in britian i walked to the ouskirts of town and palced the skull on the ground and began digging a hole just big enough to bury a skull.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Gallery of Origins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: