Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Big Idea(s) thingy...

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Rufus Oryan
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:20 am Post subject: Big Idea(s) thingy... Reply with quote

BIG IDEA THINGY

What You Will Need:

1 community
3-4 Landmasses
A gaggle of Guilds

I am hoping that the majority of us are fans of unscripted role-play. If so…then I think it may be possible to just arrange a few scenarios that will incite an explosive outbreak of role-playing possibilities and occurrences. I also have this idea that there are some of us that enjoy PvP and have augmented our characters to fit such situations as well as exhibit some sort of role-playing ability.

My first idea of however many I can arrange, begins with a heated political debate or disagreement, Preferably between to different types/styles of government. For Example’s sake (and this would work just like this between these two organizations if you saw fit) The Regency, and erm…lets say The Council of Mages. A diplomat/philosopher or a number of diplomat/philosopher in both governments enter a disagreement. I would suppose the “antagonist” begins the debate by publishing a document defacing or denouncing the Regency in some form. Insulting its form of leadership, its leader in general, its ideals, and point out all the reasons why it is the wrong government for the people of Britannia. The Regency, hoping to show its good nature, and be represented by various diplomatic approaches from various individuals would fight off these claims through missives of their own. When persons from either society met in public, they could hold their debates and express their differing ideals in public view, and “MAYBE” things will escalate from some form or disrespect or misinterpreted wording. But its up to you all how these things actually play out, AND how far they go. The trick isn’t to keep the plot going as long as you can…but to keep people involved and interested. That way, it fuels more and more rp. These debates and disagreements can eventually escalate to small skirmishes in/on neutral landmasses or small towns and possibly grow to a heated battle between to two governments for supremacy. That’s the beauty of the unscripted part…Traitors are cool as long as Its IC…the possibilities are endless as long as your open minded and accepting. Things can go crazy at any time… HA! Damn my brain…I thought of another catalyst, a neutral person can start the missives that throw the two organizations into a feud…or even fuel it….umm ok im done with that now

My Other idea thingy…

This one is pretty simple I think:

Organization/Guild 1 sets up an outpost in the vicinity of Organization/Guild 2. This outpost/military encampment can be for spying or just general location scouting of the area. In this scenario calls for no real “Evil” or “Good” guild…two guilds from either side can participate or interact in this. I personally would like to see this thing acted out in a wooded/forest area or small town (or any size town really) to attract the nosey people, and bring rp to towns that are already set in game. Anyhow, the spying/scouting is noticed, and Guild 1 is approached about it. They deny it or act in aggression as the events are noticed, thus allowing a few skirmishes or all out war between to equally sized guilds or allied communities and make for interesting rp at any given time or place due to the dispute. Now Guild 1 and Guild two go on from there…and the rest of the community gets involved as they see fit…

My OTHER OTHER idea thingy…He or she who has the biggest balls(is it alright to say balls?) and is the most open minded shall get a cookie for this one…

A great Crusade/Campaign

Evil/Good Government/township/organization 1 begins their battle preparations to start their expansion. Word spreads that the possibility of the expansion is on the horizon and some prepare…others disregard. This plot takes a lot because, its possible to have several skirmishes in different places at different times, and it can call for plenty different guilds. Raids and infiltrations are possible…and get this…EVEN THE POSSIBILITIES OF SPIES. That’s where the open-mindedness comes in, I suggest resigning from a guild…getting in good with another one, and eventually leaving to divulge secrets, plans etc. Or umm…Turning off your guild tag, and becoming associated with a group or “side”, and then go ahead and share plans and whatnot. I think the first one, joining a guild for another guild and gaining their trust is the best one…but you have to be SUPER open-minded for it, and all involved parties must agree fully and the rules must be equal. Honestly, I planned to eventually get into this or do this myself with the regency and allies/religious follower type people…but umm…I made a baby instead…and now I miss you all * Sniff * Sniff *.

All of these can go on at the same time, keeping persons involved all over, and giving
”tavern-folk” something to chat about. Thus, still keeping people involved and participating. Im willing to moderate or oversee these projects if need be, and if there are any questions, thoughts, or suggestions, please post them…Hell throw your ideas and possible plots at me and we can work something out. Im pretty much doing whatever it takes to get things moving…even if I cant be in them like I want to be…

Luv U AWL irl…
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: