Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

idea for war, not for the feint of rp, haha

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Leshok Majere
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:13 am Post subject: idea for war, not for the feint of rp, haha Reply with quote

this is my first post on this forum, so i'll make it a boom!

okay for this idea, i will need to make a crude diagram, and hope you all can use your imagination. now imagine that these numbers are actually locations in the uo world, lined up as they are.

now i will constantly refer back to this diagram, now remember, each number is a location, okay here i go.

Now to begin, as I get started i want everyone to know these few simple facts about rping, and rp warring.
fact #1. though we may want to be able to rp and say wipe(sorry to pick on you) the ORCS off the face of Britania, well it can't be done, same with any guild.
fact#2. in the same reason, we can't truly take over, or demolish a guild house or whatever for more than the time we stay there, cause as soon as the victors leave the defeated guilds house all goes back to normal.

now with this in mind, here is what i propose, a new system to warring, that if done right should improve rp over all.

now we all know about the atlantic project map and all the grid locations for territories and such. here is what i propose, that wars be done not just as guild A and guild B don't get along so they fight every so often and nothing rp truly gets accomplished, but be done as a real war, with a set objective in mind for victory. Say for example, that ORC wanted to take some of ELF territory from them? how is the best way to settle this with a clear victor? well in my idea, it would start like this.

the two warring guild leaders sit down and have a pre war meeting over what say territory is being fought for and then the locations for battle are decided, which brings me back to my diagram.

location 1 for this example will be the orc guild house, while location 7 will be the elven palace. so location 4 is the middle ground between the two, an obvious place for two armies to meet for the first battle. location 2 is a defensive area picked out during the war meeting by the orcs, location 3 is an offensive location picked by the elves, so respectively, location 6 is the elven defensive location and 5 is the orc offensive. now after all the locations are worked out

the two armies decide on a number of troops per battle, for this example the orcs numbers will be 14, and elves 10, since its orc rp to have superior numbers. this means that if the elves can't get 10 elf members, they can call in allies to compensate up to 10. with the numbers decided, the two armies meet at location 4, where the battle begins. the winner of the fight, advances to their offensive location, 3 for elf, 5 for orc. where they would do battle again at a date and time of the two armies choosings. should say the orcs beat elf at 5, they push elf back into 6, the choosen defensive location of the elves, where they would do battle there, but if the elves where to repel the orcs at 5, the two would fight again at 4, thus this sort of possible tug of war would continue, till one army got pushed all the way back into their guild house and beaten their, in which the victor would gain what they sought in the battle, should the orcs have won, they get that part of elf territory they were after, should the elves win, orc is say banished from their lands for i don't know a period of reasonable time the elves picked. thus in this way, our rp wars, could be added a whole new sense of rp and realism, for also during the war meeting the two groups could decide on armor and weapon quality, and also (if they felt up to the rp challenge) set a maximun number of bandages, reagents, food, and repairs that can be done during the war time, thus, bring about possible sieges, where one side would either surrender out of lack of supplies or make a last desperate charge..

so their you see my idea, i hope you like it, but for it to work it would require the following things: 1. hard work at rp 2. following the rp guidelines layed out for it and 3. honor amongst rpers, are you up for it?

if you are interested, icq me 340859835 or just reply. if you hate, then just don't say anything, silence is a good enough answer for me

"Fri Jan 14 20:07:01 2005 [08:45:38] Kuja: ghaahahahahahha...ha..h.a..... NOTHING TO FREAKING DO IN GAME GAH"

Some things never change even after 4 years...
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Deja vu, think I posted this already.

It's a good idea, but PVP is the last thing we need to work on right now.
Leshok Majere
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

wait you posted my idea...grrr, lol. this isn't meant for pvp, its meant for rp warring and territory. people will always pvp, this just gives some order and fun to it.

"Fri Jan 14 20:07:01 2005 [08:45:38] Kuja: ghaahahahahahha...ha..h.a..... NOTHING TO FREAKING DO IN GAME GAH"

Legerion
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I do believe it has been posted on the TWP OOC board a few weeks ago and it didnt go anywhere.
Teh Glouris Lrod Kujabis
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is, theres no real straight line. Need a freeshard for that.
Mairsil
Lore Master
Lore Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It could work, you wouldnt need it to be a straight line if you figured the battle grounds/ territory out right by mapping it. Far as implementation goes that could be said about ALOT of thigns mentioned on this board. It just takes someone actually starting it up instead of everyone agreeing for a year in a half. And again as I said in the rp thread, pvp should NOT be ignored just because its one of the more common things in rp. Everything needs to be worked on, including rp pvp-what we have now still isn't all that close to the way things should be if we were to rp everything the way its supposed to be.
Vipralion
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

This Idea has some potential in it. Rather than having "straight line" make up a grid across the map. Not a small grid but a fairly sized grid. Size would be about 4 screens in-game? 8? 16? Something to that effect. Then just use the idea posted above about advancing and retreating. Heck, it doesn't even have to be a grid. Several people could make several grid designs across the world, post them, and everyone could vote on one to use. This sounds interesting... very.

~Vipralion
Honored Member
Honored Member

Location: Hiding in Canada till the taxman leaves, then back to the war.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:42 am Post subject: It's been done in the past Reply with quote

Look up Yewwar. That's exactly how Orcs and Yew set up the fight. Was very fun.
- Polly The Hobbit
Leshok Majere
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

no no no! the point isn't a straight line, but merely that the locations lie somewhere inbetween the two guilds territories, i mean why not try this once with a guild your in or a guild you know? fight for a peace of raw ribs for all i care, but i think you'll see that the process is well worth it!

Leshok Majere
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

*bumps post*

i bumped this post back up into view for two reasons. 1. someone was asking about it, two, with people talking of big plots and the D|O, O|S fight, figured people might want to try this. remember the 7 points don't have to be a straight line, merely points between the two guilds respected homes.

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: