Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Enforcement of the wonderful ideas put forth...

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Horace Telver
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:12 am Post subject: Enforcement of the wonderful ideas put forth... Reply with quote

I believe that both the IG system of government and the way that we govern ourselves OOC need revamping.
IC I believe that each town would be an independant Republic, or otherwise depending on the members of that particular town, according to where their Guild HQ is based or similar cases.
The involved guilds would form a small council for each town cutting micro management since the guilds themselves would be responsible for the bazaars, fairs, etc within their borders. All the town guilds, NPC towns for clarification, would send one representative to form a privy council with 50% vote in the Regency, and the Regent, Rufus possesing the other 50%. The council only wiht a unanimous vote could veto the regent, thus limiting their role to mostly advisory, thus eliminating beurocracy.
New members to the organization would not have a vote, until proven that they can RP, and so on. They would be ratified into the council by a majority vote in the Council, with the Regent as tie breaker if one should emerge.
This cuts down micro management, cuts down the stress and annoyance of smaller guilds because of lack of representation or action on behaf of the Regent, shifting power towards a more grass roots organization based on location.
Not a strict dictatorial regency in the historic sense, but more of a loose confederation of city states in the Holy Roman Empire sense, and upon a term limit, the regent could be re-nominated by all senior member guilds, who have been inducted by vote, or a new group of nominees could be appointed and then set up for popular vote by all involved regency guilds.
I know this is kind of incoherent, but bear with me.
For OOC enforcement all guilds are to be included in a once a month mIRC chat, I know I know; mIRC is the devil, but it is the easiest way to do it and you don't have to download it. And in that monthly meeting discussion regarding issues would take place. And election of an OOC leader, would occur. This leader would be essentially in complete control. He would be kept in check by an elected council, with representatives fro each Town Council, with the same arrangement as the IC regent.
My ICQ is 261001755.
That is all.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: